UK PM Johnson says 39 billion pound divorce bill not due in no-deal Brexit

webfact

34 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

Your nonsense knows no bounds,if this/if that,clueless,keep typing obv it makes you happy ,but is there anyone that takes notice of the never ending <deleted> you pump out

now a few clues come out at G7,but most importantly 39 billion is in the pocket of Boris,keep it BJ

Ignorance is supremely bliss is it not?   The UK will piggy back any and all EU trade agreements made previously,  read it in the Guardian

MY nonsense knows no bounds ?????

Wow you couldn't make it up !

Still some of that was nearly legible so either you got someone to write it for you or have stopped drinking ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Yes, there is an agreement to pay the membership fees for 2019 and 2020. But there is NO agreement to pay the £39B which is for costs outside that fee.

Good heavens, am I talking a child here..?

I had to cut it short due to some random 3 sentence rule however it was negotiated at the same time - the £39b is for the portion of unpaid and future bills AGREED to by David Cameron - that's A....G.....R.....E......E...….D. 

Look at https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/29/brexit-divorce-bill-how-much-is-it-and-what-is-it-for

Focus on 'Whats included' and the words 'UK share' - failing that I can't help you.

Again - how do you think those trade deals are going to go in the absence of that AGREED payment ? You seem to be swerving that ...

Edited by Handsome Gardener
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nontabury said:

If only. If only the Bureaucrats had left the EEC alone, a trading block for the benefit of the European people. As we were conned into believing in 1975. But no, they have transformed it into the monstrosity called the E.u.

Here you go

https://www.ft.com/content/202a60c0-cfd8-11e5-831d-09f7778e7377

Not to mention vast areas of medical research have reached the UK shores via European labs. You'll be paying for that now

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I think that the UK deserves a fair exit, and like in a court of law, history of excellent behavior should be taken into account, we are talking about a Nation which , on its own, stood tall against the Nazi's, sacrificed hugely in human lives and destruction, hence responsible for most of us to pin down what we want, BUT..........a great part of this saga is the work of a few over rated politicians; in general the whole conservative party, they gambled the UK position away both Cameron and May, left the country with no plan, giving full house to the EU to correct and interpret what THEY demanded and look where we are now, most of the UK citizens NEVER been told there was no preparation /plan to leave, and as the saying goes " Those who forget to prepare themselves, prepare themselves to be forgotten' i sincerely hope common sense will prevail!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hgma said:

I think that the UK deserves a fair exit, and like in a court of law, history of excellent behavior should be taken into account, we are talking about a Nation which , on its own, stood tall against the Nazi's, sacrificed hugely in human lives and destruction, hence responsible for most of us to pin down what we want, BUT..........a great part of this saga is the work of a few over rated politicians; in general the whole conservative party, they gambled the UK position away both Cameron and May, left the country with no plan, giving full house to the EU to correct and interpret what THEY demanded and look where we are now, most of the UK citizens NEVER been told there was no preparation /plan to leave, and as the saying goes " Those who forget to prepare themselves, prepare themselves to be forgotten' i sincerely hope common sense will prevail!

I say there is far more preparation than most UK citizens believe. But then again, I'm not ringside but in the actual ring itself...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, terryw said:

If the UK gets a reasonably good FTA with the USA then any future FTA with the EU becomes less important. Why pay for something when a rival will give you a dealfor nothing.

Does anyone believe that the USA under the current president will give a favorable deal to the UK? 

Or is it more likely that the USA will take advantage of the situation and the president can talk about his great deal for the USA?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Does anyone believe that the USA under the current president will give a favorable deal to the UK? 

Or is it more likely that the USA will take advantage of the situation and the president can talk about his great deal for the USA?

I know the questions are rhetorical, Trump likes the spotlight. spot on M

1 hour ago, Miami007 said:

"The pig for sacrifice is arrived ….." is a Nigerian proverb....

Very "Trump" applicable...  ????

Edited by david555

35 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

One thing I've noticed that many Brexiters have difficulty understand is that under WTO rules, any tariffs imposed by the UK on EU goods and services will have to be equally imposed on all other trading entities not covered by a bilateral or multilateral trade agreement.

Similarly, one thing I have noticed that most Remainers have difficulty understand (and certainly avoid to mention) is that under WTO rules, any lower customs duty rates imposed on products traded between any two WTO trading partners and you WILL get that same low customs duty as well.

Edited by Forethat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1