British PM Johnson says prepared to take Brexit talks down to last minute

webfact

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Now where did I say that? Or are you putting words in my mouth for me, if so, please don't.

You are correct and Teresa May was negotiating on behalf of the UK

She came back with a draft agreement which she put before parliament 3 times and each time it was rejected and not ratified by the parliament.

Therefore there is NO agreement that can be signed sealed and delivered.

Can you please either acknowledge if I am correct or not, and if you think I am wrong then tell me why, in your own words and not that of any other poster.

your comment .... The UK did NOT make an agreement with the EU. Teresa May in her position as PM did .... question, who was she representing ?

Main points of agreement between UK and EU in Brexit deal

as you can see it didn't mention Teresa May but did mention the UK

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Now where did I say that? Or are you putting words in my mouth for me, if so, please don't.

You are correct and Teresa May was negotiating on behalf of the UK

She came back with a draft agreement which she put before parliament 3 times and each time it was rejected and not ratified by the parliament.

Therefore there is NO agreement that can be signed sealed and delivered.

Can you please either acknowledge if I am correct or not, and if you think I am wrong then tell me why, in your own words and not that of any other poster.

The political declaration is a separate document to the 585-page withdrawal agreement, published last week, which covers the UK's £39bn "divorce bill", citizens' rights after Brexit and the thorny issue of the Northern Ireland "backstop" - how to avoid the need for a manned border on the island of Ireland.

The withdrawal agreement is legally-binding - the political declaration is not.

Theresa May has hailed the draft agreement on post-Brexit relations

different things one would think

• Like 1

Breaking

https://news.sky.com/story/pm-boris-johnson-plans-to-ask-queen-to-suspend-parliament-from-mid-september-11795978

PM Boris Johnson plans to ask Queen to suspend parliament from mid-September

Wednesday 28 August 2019 09:30, UK

Boris Johnson is planning to ask the Queen to suspend parliament ahead of a new Queen's Speech on 14 October, Sky sources have said.

A government source said the move was to help the new prime minister get on with implementing his domestic agenda.

"There will be ample opportunity for people to discuss Brexit before and after the EU council [in October]," they added.

Sky News understands the full cabinet has not yet been informed.

More follows...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/28/chancellor-sajid-javid-fast-tracked-spending-review-fuels-talk-of-early-election

No-deal Brexit: ministers expected to suspend parliament

Guardian understands action would prevent MPs from planning to stop no deal

Ministers could move on Wednesday to suspend parliament for up to five weeks, which would prevent MPs from planning legislation to stop a no-deal Brexit, the Guardian understands.

Senior sources said a privy council of senior ministers was preparing to meet the Queen at Balmoral this week, perhaps as soon as Wednesday to set this in motion.

Leaked emails revealed at the weekend that the prime minister, Boris Johnson, had sought legal advice about proroguing parliament for five weeks from early September, when MPs are already expected to break briefly for party conferences.

A new session of parliament would then begin with a fresh Queen’s speech packed with manifesto-friendly measures on or around 14 October.

5 hours ago, nontabury said:

As a none Brit, I can understand your reluctance to watch the interview.

However for us Brits, we want to know all the facts and arguments. For the simple reason, that we do not want to get conned and lied to, as happened in 1975, when we were promised that we would only be joining a trading block called the EEC.

I won't watch the interview because it is a plan that is credible, workable and acceptable to the EU and Eire from johnson I'd like to see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

You could either have credible and workable, or your preferred acceptable to the EU and Ireland. As Boris is now in the driving seat, your acceptance is no longer a prerequisite. You’ll have to settle with what he leaves you.

Ah the assumptions of brexiteers. 

30 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Boris is not in the driving seat. He's just an affable buffoon.

Dominic Cummings is in the driving seat, an immoral, disreputable and machiavellian man who's only objective is completing the task that he's generously paid for (by the taxpayer). Has no interest in the welfare of GB, the British people or the integrity of parliament. A dangerous man.

The PEOPLE are in the driving seat as will become clear if BJ deviates from their mandate.

I wonder how Boris managed it.....????

EDFaF6WW4AIYrjR.jpg

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2019 at 12:53 PM, puipuitom said:

NOT the EU budget 2013-2020, as the UK wants to escape from that.

Same the Good Friday agreement with NEVER an hard border beween N & S Ireland.

There is no reason for a hard boarder, except to keep the U.K shackled to the E.u. And this against the expressed Democratic voted wishes of the British people.

A7AE3D0A-E2CE-4908-8AA4-EC28DDC7E164.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

There is no reason for a hard boarder, except to keep the U.K shackled to the E.u. And this against the expressed Democratic voted wishes of the British people.

Sure, if like Switzerland we join the single market and Schengen  - I'd be happy with that.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, tebee said:

Sure, if like Switzerland we join the single market and Schengen  - I'd be happy with that.

but the UK IS in the single market, why should you want something you already have