British PM Johnson says prepared to take Brexit talks down to last minute

webfact

2 hours ago, kamahele said:

Good luck with that. The UK has prospered hugely as a member of the EU. Also never assume that what the politicians tell you will come to fruition either concerning the those billions of pounds flowing back into the UK coffers and what it will be used for.

These MPs will be short lived with the next General Election. 

21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The chaos that he inherited from the Remainer PM, Theresa May who lied from the first day by saying that the UK WOULD Brexit and that a no deal was better than a bad deal.

If she had DONE the job that she took on then Brexit would be over and done with. As it is she dragged it out slowly and painfully for the people of the UK for more than 3 years.

Same same as coming both from the " catfight conservative party " it's your U.K. mess so clean it up a best way possible ,good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Well I do think that the EU does tend to come to an agreement right at the end."

Yeah, but. . . it takes two to tango, Boris - and we Brexiteers haven't forgotten you voted for the appalling Withdrawal Agreement last time around.

Dance to the EU's tune and you will go down in history as an even bigger traitor than Mother Theresa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Percy P

Who is you . Parliament rejected it 3 times as it wasn't in the interest of the British becoming an independent nation . Thank to the ex PM who voted to remain in the EU. 

Who I am have no point to the question. The question was how it could be a EU-problem that UK make an agreement and then do not want to follow it. As I said that is solary a UK problem. Answer that instead please. 

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

On the contrary, the Alternative Arrangements Commission have produced detailed proposals and are waiting for the EU side to respond. There was an excellent interview with Tony Smith, former head of the UK Border Force on LBC this week. I know you won't like Mr Farage, but just try to see past him and listen to Tony Smith. 

https://www.governmenteuropa.eu/alternative-arrangements-for-the-irish-border/93734/

I don't want to see interviews, I want to see a credible alternative to the current arrangement in the deal.

I want johnson to explain exactly what acceptable, workable, credible alternative he has, that is good to go now. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, baansgr said:

How can it be an agreement if its not been agreed...a proposal is the fitting word which has been rejected

Nope, it was negotiated and agreed upon.

The fact the uk govt failed to honour their commitments in the agreement is of course another matter.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, billd766 said:

An agreement was signed between Teresa May and the 27 countries of the EU. The 28th country which was the UK refused the agreement 3 times in parliament which means that there was NO agreement at all.

If it had been passed in parliament then yes, there would have been an agreement which the UK and the EU would be forced to follow.

But there wasn't.

So what you actually say is that a British PM is never to trust on. Hmm, interesting.

• Haha 1

Just now, Forethat said:

Yes, the negotiators agreed on the legal aspects of the draft agreement. Subsequently, EU leaders approved eventually signed the proposed agreement. On the British side, the Parliament refused to approve the proposed agreement.

That's where we are now. That's why it's called "No Deal". There is no deal.

No, there is a deal. It's still there.

The fact the british govt can't honour it's negotiated agreements doesn't change the fact the deal is still there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I don't want to see interviews, I want to see a credible alternative to the current arrangement in the deal.

I want johnson to explain exactly what acceptable, workable, credible alternative he has, that is good to go now. 

The AAC are working on Johnson's behalf. The plan is now out there and waiting for a response. 

It might take 2-3 years to be fully implemented, but if accepted by the EU we could agree on a phased departure from the CU and SM. Link below for your info. 

https://www.prosperity-uk.com/aacabout/

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The AAC are working on Johnson's behalf. The plan is now out there and waiting for a response. 

It might take 2-3 years to be fully implemented, but if accepted by the EU we could agree on a phased departure from the CU and SM. Link below for your info. 

https://www.prosperity-uk.com/aacabout/

Unless the plans meet the standards the govt of Eire feels is required to protect the Good Friday Agreement, then phased won’t do it. 

The backstop is good to go now. 

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Unless the plans meet the standards the govt of Eire feels is required to protect the Good Friday Agreement, then phased won’t do it. 

The backstop is good to go now. 

So the govt of Eire need to look at the plan and tell us if it meets the requirements, and if not why not so we can address any concerns. 

The backstop won't get through Parliament. We know that already. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

So the govt of Eire need to look at the plan and tell us if it meets the requirements, and if not why not so we can address any concerns. 

Nor will any revamped BRINO:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Actually they are not the same at all.

Boris has come down firmly and committed himself and the Leavers in the Tory party to leave one way or the other on 31st October.

Teresa May, Philip Hammond and the Remainers want to fight Brexit to the bitter end. I guess that they never wanted to leave the EU and so ignored their mandate (which was to leave) because they "knew" better than the electorate.

Hopefully at the next general election they will be unceremoniously they will be tossed out of their seats and get NO promotion to the HoL. 

It will be cleaned up with or without the assistance of the EU.

same same was meant at it is 1 party , even different fractions , they sacrificed  your U.K. for party interests in which up today they failed , and I think the E.U. has not one  interest to assist in the repair of them...5555 lol 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Then johnson needs to explain the plan. 

It is all on the uk, as they are the ones reneging on the commitments  made in the brexit deal the uk govt negotiated with the EU. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1