Foreign house owner and guest house manager fined for not reporting foreigners within 24 hours

webfact

When a Thai ( or any other nationality ) has cleared UK immigration then they are free to move around the country without hindrance. 
They do NOT have to make a report or fill in any immigration forms every time they change location.
The only countries that pursue such policies are dictatorships in one form or another, nothing to be proud of.
But Thais who want to live in the UK have to pay extortionate visa fees, have to pass different levels of English tests, pay a NHS surcharge, have a TB test and pass the ludicrous Life in the UK test. Expats in Thailand have it easy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Possibly that our immigration services don’t feel the need to harass and scam people in the same way?

Even though MANY Thais are a flight risk such as in Korea where hundreds  of thousands are  illegally  working according to Korea,  compared to the "western" migrants to Thailand who on the whole can support themselves financially, cannot  use  a  free health system or work its comical.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, hospitals should file a TM30. Not sure about jails!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And  I wonder  when/if the reports of being fined for not paying it by the "patient" as  opposed to the hospital  will occur? Bound to crop up sometime soon, cue man in bed covered in bandages  holding up the tm30  paper.

3 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

It will never happen but it would be fun to coordinate a mass withdrawal of 400/800k from the banks for expats. 

Doubt they would bat an eye.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

In my country, you can come for 30 day with no document at all. 

So more than 20 pages of document for two day holiday to your country.

AND must pay for Visa application

AND no refund if they reject visa application

because they ASSUME I liar and criminal.

i think more easy just to do the easy one page TM30. (And the hotel do it for 98%)

Or not? 

I happy to change. I do the free TM30 and you do 20 pages and pay. Ok?

Good try. But I am not from the UK.

18 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Just a thought, if you are in hospital does the hospital file a TM30? what about jail at a police station?

Apparently so and you are charged extra for the service in the hospital.Don't know about the gaol but one would presume the Thai government would know that you are there but maybe not as their systems are not linked so the gaol might still incur a fine.

18 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Even though MANY Thais are a flight risk such as in Korea where hundreds  of thousands are  illegally  working according to Korea,  compared to the "western" migrants to Thailand who on the whole can support themselves financially, cannot  use  a  free health system or work its comical.

The best a foreigner might expect to get for nothing in Thailand could be free food in a temple (possibly). In a truly developed country there are far more opportunities 

2 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Do you honestly think that the Thai government, or Thai society, care about how we feel? 

They care about our cash , when thats gone they might just regret their xenophobia and greed. My upcoming trip ( with a mate )was to be 2 months in Thailand and a month in Laos , now its going to be 2 weeks Thailand , 10 weeks in sorounding countries.

That will be ( the 2 of us combined ) a net loss to Thailand of around £8000 , the large majority of which would have gone into the local economy.

Sure in itself its a drop in the ocean but the cumulative affect of many thousands of like minded travellers will hit home.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They are never going to scrap the TM 30, it's a nice earner for them,

the fines are even bigger than most of the fines been handed out on

the roads,it's always more dangerous not knowing where you are,

than going through a red light

regards worgeordie

How can it be a nice earner for them ?!?    Up to You. Make sure to do Your TM 30 Yourself or the host. Very easy !!

2 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The best a foreigner might expect to get for nothing in Thailand could be free food in a temple (possibly). In a truly developed country there are far more opportunities 

and hence that need for the visa  process in the uk,  although that UK (life in the UK) test is  just total BS useless unnecessary carp nonsense.

Whats was Henry the 8ths first Wifes poodle called?

2 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Did you actually read what you replied to ? She offered, probably fruitlessly, but at least offered to fire off an email to immigration pointing out the 'injustice' of the TM30 which thais don't have to adhere to in western countries, and you give her grief with a childish comment !

I may be wrong but the impression I ( and it appears many others ) got was that she seemed to think such policies were standard outside Thailand.

Consequently she was either thoroughly misinformed or being an apologist for the state's xenophobia.

If the later case is correct she deserved the condemnation she recieved.

1 minute ago, joecoolfrog said:

I may be wrong but the impression I ( and it appears many others ) got was that she seemed to think such policies were standard outside Thailand.

Consequently she was either thoroughly misinformed or being an apologist for the state's xenophobia.

If the later case is correct she deserved the condemnation she recieved.

Im not going mad  at all then...hoorahhh

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

For 1 report of official fine, hundreds of unofficial fines that get into the officer pockets. This immigration policy is a god send jackpot for the officers. 

This policy is not a godsend. Its a pain and creates loads of unnecessary work for IOs. They do not make a profit.

2 hours ago, thaipod said:

So now with visa free Chinese and Indians flocking into the country staying in apartments and condos and relatives going to submitting TM30

Many of those Chinese  are buying condos  now and renting them out and are absent landlords  with ZERO interest in doing a TM30 for their tenants.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

If thai can go to your country and must not have fill out document, then I will help you ask the thai government to do same for you. Is fair.

98% of foreigner come to thailand don’t even know about this 30 document. Because the hotel do it for them.

It's a bit of overkill Yinn, you can travel overseas in my country and go to any province without reporting when you come back, simple, that said, most foreigners in Thailand who are married to a Thai on a marriage extension, or who have a retirement extension, already report to immigration every 90 days, then every year must create a mountain of the same paperwork to get a 12 month extension, that said, they already know everything they need to know about us, and were we are every 90 days and we have to report back to the same immigration office, not another immigration office, therefore the TM30 shouldn't really apply to them in my opinion.

Let me give you a little insight into how the farangs see this as madness, I drove to Chiang Mai on a Friday for the weekend, the Tuesday prior I was at the immigration office doing my 90 days, I asked the immigration officer when he receipted me for the 90 day reporting, if I had to come back next week to do the TM30 as I am going to Chiang Mai on Friday, yes you must come and report here within 24 hours upon your return to your province.

Now Chiang Mai is an 11 hour drive there and an 11 hour drive back, immigration is an hour and 20 minutes drive each way, suffice to say one would be quite tired doing this every time they went out of the province as I was, yes Monday morning I drove to the immigration office to do my TM30 after returning from Chaing Mai on Sunday night, what if I had to go work like others ? 

Why the immigration powers that be didn't come up with a more suitable idea, can only lack education and organisational skills in my opinion, example: Letter to Landlord, Owner or Occupier as immigration knows where everybody lives: Landlord, Owner or Occupier, Immigration are writing to let you know that the next time you go to do your 90 reporting or your annual extension is due for renewal, whichever comes first, you are to hand in this letter to the immigration officer with your passport advising them to provide you with a password so that you can log online and do your TM30 reporting online instead of waiting for months to get a password and in the meantime waiting in que's in immigration officers for hours. Similar letter to Landlord, i.e. go to immigration with this letter within 7 days to get your password, to report farangs to us each time they return from being away for more than 24 hours.........simple, and if they don't then fines apply ????

It would be much easier if everyone had their password to report online instead of having to wait in immigration que's for an hour or two, just to say, hey Mr/Ms Immigration Officer I am back from going up the road into another province for 24 hours, que's we wouldn't tolerate for that long back in our home country, yes yes I know, huff puff, if you don't like it go back home, brilliant reply, suffice to say, if Thailand wants to enforce a 40 year old rule, then fair enough, however it should first have it's computer system up and running properly, prepare for the enforcement making a simplified system with no waiting time in ques, or have acceptable waiting time in que's 5 minutes, 10 max, or a drop off box for TM30 reporting, I mean do you know how many people have had trouble registering online to get a password, they say everyone must be verified, but they already know where we are, and no one should be fined if they cannot get registered online first. 

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

...and when that figure, from those who are required to submit TM30s, turns out to be insignificant what would you do?

The figures are not insignificant !

Immigrants and tourists are recognised world wide as an important resource. This applies even more so in countries ( such as Thailand ) who offer minimal state benefits , its a win win !

1 hour ago, Billpro785 said:

Still confused on this TM30 Leasing a house in Kanchanaburi for 6 months. So every time  I leave and come back I have to file the TM 30 ? or will the landlord file ? 

When you arrive in Kanchanaburi the owner who leased out the house to you must file the TM30 in Kanchanaburi within 24 hours.

Once you return to Bangkok (or wherever you live) you must file yet another TM30 within 24 hours (provided you are the owner of the property).

Archived