Foreign house owner and guest house manager fined for not reporting foreigners within 24 hours

webfact

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

But Thais who want to live in the UK have to pay extortionate visa fees, have to pass different levels of English tests, pay a NHS surcharge, have a TB test and pass the ludicrous Life in the UK test. Expats in Thailand have it easy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You fail to mention that after a qualifying period that Thai would recieve all the benefits available to a UK citizen , apples and oranges big time !

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

It will never happen but it would be fun to coordinate a mass withdrawal of 400/800k from the banks for expats. 

Disastrous. That's why you should not change you foreign capital into Thai Baht. Then it's easily withdrawn .

You fail to mention that after a qualifying period that Thai would recieve all the benefits available to a UK citizen , apples and oranges big time !

True. Although foreigners can also get Permanent Residency in Thailand and eventually Thai citizenship.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

How many people went there? Jesus! Talk about overkill. The crime suppression division is out in force for some poor schmuk who didn’t fill out some Machiavellian <deleted> paperwork, meanwhile hardened criminal drug dealers evade capture, rich kid drunk drivers get off Scott free, and ladyboy muggers who violently assault foreigners walk away with a 500 baht fine. The authorities here are a complete joke. 

I am not stupid and, after many year, I know that I am not wanted in the land of plastic smiles so, in December, I'm outta here!!!
Why should they want you? Are immigrants or tourists ever really wanted - rather näive to think so.

52 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Many of those Chinese  are buying condos  now and renting them out and are absent landlords  with ZERO interest in doing a TM30 for their tenants.

Yes.

And at a place like The Base Condo Pattaya they do not even get a copy or ask for a passport.

Just show up with a copy of your online booking.

100's of people every day.

But I believe someone is paying someone to do nothing..

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

If thai can go to your country and must not have fill out document, then I will help you ask the thai government to do same for you. Is fair.

98% of foreigner come to thailand don’t even know about this 30 document. Because the hotel do it for them.

Yinn, that is fair. If Thais go to my country Germany they do not have to report to Immigration every 90 days and they do not have to make an extension of stay every year for 1900 Baht. Now you start helping me, ok?

I spend over 2 million bath per year, supposing my Thai our 2 kids and helping her family, but I have almost decided it is not worth living here under all these things that the Thai government is putting on me and all expats. I am almost ready to leave the country, have loved for over 15 years and spend my money in another country.

I do not know how much if any Thailand losing my 2 plus million per year would hurt, but I do know that if Thailand lost most or all the expats it would really hurt the good people in Thailand that depend on us.

1 minute ago, randy723 said:

I spend over 2 million bath per year, supposing my Thai our 2 kids and helping her family, but I have almost decided it is not worth living here under all these things that the Thai government is putting on me and all expats. I am almost ready to leave the country, have loved for over 15 years and spend my money in another country.

I do not know how much if any Thailand losing my 2 plus million per year would hurt, but I do know that if Thailand lost most or all the expats it would really hurt the good people in Thailand that depend on us.

No.

They could care less about your 2 mil. b.

But, where you going to go?

Up root your family and kids?

The grass may seem greener hope you think hard about this decision.

2 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

Still confused on this TM30 Leasing a house in Kanchanaburi for 6 months. So every time  I leave and come back I have to file the TM 30 ? or will the landlord file ? 

yes or maybe for either

17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why should they want you? Are immigrants or tourists ever really wanted - rather näive to think so.

Who else is going to pay for the uneducated Thai ladies that married at 15 or younger, have 3 kids and a mother, an absentee father and a pile of easy to get debt?  Not other Thais or the government.  

In an editorial this morning in the other rag...there was mention in that editorial of ~10 million illegals here in Thailand....We know it's a joke, but now they've caught 2 very high risk perps that have threatened national security! Well done RTP IO

If ever the TM30 is stopped it will not be from the petitioning done by us, that will only harden their resolve, it will only be because so many Thai landlords are losing money that THEY will petition for it to be stopped. Hopefully their losses will stack up high and fast.

Beats the <deleted> out of me how this is Crime Suppression?

Its Crime Facilitation..

They are facilitating the means to extract pocket money as and when they like.

It must be one specific team, because they all work in teams. 

Because I reported to Jomtien yesterday, my residence, 7 days after arriving from overseas. 

And the lady in room 10 was not concerned about the delay. 

(I needed a copy of the rental agreement and the owner was away)

Maybe it's a rogue cop thing?

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why the immigration powers that be didn't come up with a more suitable idea, can only lack education and organisational skills in my opinion, example: Letter to Landlord, Owner or Occupier as immigration knows where everybody lives: Landlord, Owner or Occupier, Immigration are writing to let you know that the next time you go to do your 90 reporting or your annual extension is due for renewal, whichever comes first, you are to hand in this letter to the immigration officer with your passport advising them to provide you with a password so that you can log online and do your TM30 reporting online instead of waiting for months to get a password and in the meantime waiting in que's in immigration officers for hours. Similar letter to Landlord, i.e. go to immigration with this letter within 7 days to get your password, to report farangs to us each time they return from being away for more than 24 hours.........simple, and if they don't then fines apply ????

It would be much easier if everyone had their password to report online instead of having to wait in immigration que's for an hour or two, just to say, hey Mr/Ms Immigration Officer I am back from going up the road into another province for 24 hours, que's we wouldn't tolerate for that long back in our home country, yes yes I know, huff puff, if you don't like it go back home, brilliant reply, suffice to say, if Thailand wants to enforce a 40 year old rule, then fair enough, however it should first have it's computer system up and running properly, prepare for the enforcement making a simplified system with no waiting time in ques, or have acceptable waiting time in que's 5 minutes, 10 max, or a drop off box for TM30 reporting, I mean do you know how many people have had trouble registering online to get a password, they say everyone must be verified, but they already know where we are, and no one should be fined if they cannot get registered online first. 

It would be even easier if Immigration looked after the pink ID cards, and gave one to everybody on a long term visa or extension. Then we use that ID number for TM30s, online 90 day reports, and whatever the next thing they think up is going to be. Store our visa info on the magnetic card or chip so need need for endless copies of passport data pages, visas and TM6s whenever we visit Immigration. Carry a portable card reader and they could do away with passport checks. Would probably obviate the need for residence certificates when opening bank accounts and renewing driver licenses too ....

But we would have to wait for Thailand 40.0, not Thailand 4.0, before anything like that would happen

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

If thai can go to your country and must not have fill out document, then I will help you ask the thai government to do same for you. Is fair.

98% of foreigner come to thailand don’t even know about this 30 document. Because the hotel do it for them.

Only some hotels do it. I travel within Thailand on a regular basis with my Thai wife. The hotels NEVER want to see my passport or ID card, they only want hers, and these are large resort hotels not small hotels or private homes or AirBnB's. The up side of this for me is that I NEVER have to worry about doing a TM30 on my return home, and my District Immigration Office actually told me that last week before I travelled from Chiang Mai Province to Tak Province. Only do a TM30 on your return if the hotel copies your passport/drivers license or pink ID card.

6 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

I posted this on another TM30 article and seems appropriate to also post on this one.

"The whole TM30 needs to be scrapped!

It is not about being fined, not about all the additional paperwork you are faced with, or the inconvenience. It is about how it makes all foreigners automatically persons of suspicion of being criminals or undesirables and feeling unwelcome by the Thai government. 

I doubt if any of the purposeful overstayers, criminal wanted by Interpol, ever filed a TM30. So the Bulls..t of needing it for National Security, is just an overblown crock of s..t.

Even the foreign media sources, including those in China, see it for what it is. It is to make the legitimate, law-abiding Expats feel unwelcome.

No longer the "Land of Smiles" now the "Land of Suspicion"."

Correct - as is the Thai "anti logic" that most of them inject  about half a million baht EACH into the economy!

Seems to be a case of getting the priorities "right"! :cheesy:   As another poster put it - forget the drug dealers and proper criminals at the top of the tree - let's get the low hanging fruit - easier to catch and fine on the spot! 

19 minutes ago, randy723 said:

Lol, this is unbelievable!  That people like you are still exists in Thailand in 2019 , are you for real ! Without asking I know your age and the difference in age between you and your wife ( 30 years if not more ) where you meet her, and where she come from. 

Are you not a shame to call this real marriage?  You supporting her , kids and her family with 2,000,000 baht a year ! Lol you are just a lottery win for them an atm. 
real relationship does not need 2,000,000 baht spending a year. 

Real relationship does not bought with money, 

real relationship not need to take care all the lady family,  like you the village bank . 

My god wake up, man like you are still here ? Most thai people not even dream on such amount in 1 year, you are just a source of money to them, feel sorry  for you. 
even if you rich and can afford it, love in not bought,  feel sorry for you that you think we live in thai in order to support thai people like a bank. 

I am currently in a small hotel in a large Thai city. For the second time - in my experience most unusually - in two weeks, I have not been asked to produce any ID or to sign anything, just pay IN CASH (no other options) when checking in. I'm wondering if this is indicative of unintended negative consequences of the current TM30 crackdown. 

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Hmmm, what we may have here is a failure to communicate. I came to retire in Thailand in 2011. I have lived in Chiang Mai full-time as my only residence (I own no property in the USA, my home country). I applied for and received a Non O-A Visa after the Royal Thai Consulate reviewed my required documents. I agree that all countries have a right and responsibility to be notified of foreigners entering the country or changing their permanent address. However,  as a retired Professor without any police record I find that being required to file a new TM30 within 24 hours every time I travel out of Chiang Mai Province within Thailand and return to my same address (already on file with immigration) is not warranted. If you can indeed assist, it would be greatly appreciated. In fact, I can supply excellent credentials if you have the authority to assist me in being recognized as having Permanent Resident status.

12 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

That is not true. I heard many different stories.

it is pretty pathetic, this silly inconsistent gameplay on who/when/why some get a fine and most....not.

Like; we trip a few times each year back to LOS, for a few weeks each time. Sometimes we centralise at the one address... other times we flitter all over the country, a day here a day there.

What's silly is that every time when about to land, I always on the TM6 nominate the SIL's address. Sometimes we don't even go to the home at all! the entire time in country.

We might have stayed at a dozen different hotels during any particular visit; and we know SIL has never been 'done' for never filing a TM30 for me (mrs is Thai, and sometimes uses AUS passport, sometimes her Thai one)

Surely the 'system' sees there are many series blocks of 24 hour periods when I am 'unaccounted' for?

Anyways, the TM6 always nominates SILs address, as the only one...

SIL herself comes and goes between Aust&LOS a couple of times per year. Sometimes she is in the home (she owns an apartment block) when we are there... sometimes not.

We have only ever the one time, nominated some hotel, on the TM6. Of course on that trip we did at some point also stay with her, a couple of times, a few nights each time.

By rights; for a 19 day stay (and we do a lot of them over the past 10 years) ; we'd have at least half a dozen nights of each trip, which don't get reflected on someone's TM30... somewhere!

so... just from one's own experiences - I reckon you'd have to be pretty unlucky, to, as a visitor; cop a fine at the airport on Departure... just because your staying address(s) don't fully match with your expected itenerary.

to be honest there is a much easier way than TM30 to report the whereabouts of farangs. Firstly ALL long stay farangs should have a pink ID card. The pink ID card should have a micro chip in it, the same as the Thai ID card, and hotels etc only need to have a scanner, similar to that used at Thai Post to scan Thai ID cards when they send items through the post. That information immediately goes to Immigration. No workload for hotel owners etc, less work for Immigration Officers as the scanned data is automatically uploaded to our Immigration files in the Imm database. Private house owners that know they are going to have farangs staying on a regular basis should also obtain the scanners. Ideally they should be provided from Govt funds, not the owners funds. A simpler solution, no stuffing people around, no receipt required as the database will have that information.

Archived