Foreign house owner and guest house manager fined for not reporting foreigners within 24 hours

webfact

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

It's a bit of overkill Yinn, you can travel overseas in my country and go to any province without reporting when you come back, simple, that said, most foreigners in Thailand who are married to a Thai on a marriage extension, or who have a retirement extension, already report to immigration every 90 days, then every year must create a mountain of the same paperwork to get a 12 month extension, that said, they already know everything they need to know about us, and were we are every 90 days and we have to report back to the same immigration office, not another immigration office, therefore the TM30 shouldn't really apply to them in my opinion.

Let me give you a little insight into how the farangs see this as madness, I drove to Chiang Mai on a Friday for the weekend, the Tuesday prior I was at the immigration office doing my 90 days, I asked the immigration officer when he receipted me for the 90 day reporting, if I had to come back next week to do the TM30 as I am going to Chiang Mai on Friday, yes you must come and report here within 24 hours upon your return to your province.

Now Chiang Mai is an 11 hour drive there and an 11 hour drive back, immigration is an hour and 20 minutes drive each way, suffice to say one would be quite tired doing this every time they went out of the province as I was, yes Monday morning I drove to the immigration office to do my TM30 after returning from Chaing Mai on Sunday night, what if I had to go work like others ? 

Why the immigration powers that be didn't come up with a more suitable idea, can only lack education and organisational skills in my opinion, example: Letter to Landlord, Owner or Occupier as immigration knows where everybody lives: Landlord, Owner or Occupier, Immigration are writing to let you know that the next time you go to do your 90 reporting or your annual extension is due for renewal, whichever comes first, you are to hand in this letter to the immigration officer with your passport advising them to provide you with a password so that you can log online and do your TM30 reporting online instead of waiting for months to get a password and in the meantime waiting in que's in immigration officers for hours. Similar letter to Landlord, i.e. go to immigration with this letter within 7 days to get your password, to report farangs to us each time they return from being away for more than 24 hours.........simple, and if they don't then fines apply ????

It would be much easier if everyone had their password to report online instead of having to wait in immigration que's for an hour or two, just to say, hey Mr/Ms Immigration Officer I am back from going up the road into another province for 24 hours, que's we wouldn't tolerate for that long back in our home country, yes yes I know, huff puff, if you don't like it go back home, brilliant reply, suffice to say, if Thailand wants to enforce a 40 year old rule, then fair enough, however it should first have it's computer system up and running properly, prepare for the enforcement making a simplified system with no waiting time in ques, or have acceptable waiting time in que's 5 minutes, 10 max, or a drop off box for TM30 reporting, I mean do you know how many people have had trouble registering online to get a password, they say everyone must be verified, but they already know where we are, and no one should be fined if they cannot get registered online first. 

Pretty Simple' They do not like us They really would like us to go home, back where we came from 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"under the command of Pol Col Suparik Phankoson, chief of Surat Thani immigration and Pol Col (female) Kritika Khamsarirak, a deputy of Surat Thani immigration, along with a crime suppression team led by Pol Capt TherdsakThawatrawakun with deputy Pol Capt Arun Musikim in conjunction with Senior Police Sergeant Thammanoon Phaenoi, Sen Pol Sgt Phitsak Janthakomut and Sen Pol Sgt Pankit Rachu went to a house in Moo 1, Bo Phut, Koh Samui "

Seems like they are trying to make a statement here, this lot converging on one farang who forgot about his TM30

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

It would be much easier

to scrap it and only  notify if we  change address  permanently tm28 along with scrapping 90 day reporting , everyone knows its  total BS including IO who I  guess are sick to death of the enormous paperwork they now have lumbered on them. Wait for  full facial recognition cameras so soon theyll see you arent in your hometown and will automatically fine you, dont laugh i bet its  coming and soon.

It's a bit of overkill Yinn, you can travel overseas in my country and go to any province without reporting when you come back, simple, that said, most foreigners in Thailand who are married to a Thai on a marriage extension, or who have a retirement extension, already report to immigration every 90 days, then every year must create a mountain of the same paperwork to get a 12 month extension, that said, they already know everything they need to know about us, and were we are every 90 days and we have to report back to the same immigration office, not another immigration office, therefore the TM30 shouldn't really apply to them in my opinion.

Let me give you a little insight into how the farangs see this as madness, I drove to Chiang Mai on a Friday for the weekend, the Tuesday prior I was at the immigration office doing my 90 days, I asked the immigration officer when he receipted me for the 90 day reporting, if I had to come back next week to do the TM30 as I am going to Chiang Mai on Friday, yes you must come and report here within 24 hours upon your return to your province.

Now Chiang Mai is an 11 hour drive there and an 11 hour drive back, immigration is an hour and 20 minutes drive each way, suffice to say one would be quite tired doing this every time they went out of the province as I was, yes Monday morning I drove to the immigration office to do my TM30 after returning from Chaing Mai on Sunday night, what if I had to go work like others ? 

Why the immigration powers that be didn't come up with a more suitable idea, can only lack education and organisational skills in my opinion, example: Letter to Landlord, Owner or Occupier as immigration knows where everybody lives: Landlord, Owner or Occupier, Immigration are writing to let you know that the next time you go to do your 90 reporting or your annual extension is due for renewal, whichever comes first, you are to hand in this letter to the immigration officer with your passport advising them to provide you with a password so that you can log online and do your TM30 reporting online instead of waiting for months to get a password and in the meantime waiting in que's in immigration officers for hours. Similar letter to Landlord, i.e. go to immigration with this letter within 7 days to get your password, to report farangs to us each time they return from being away for more than 24 hours.........simple, and if they don't then fines apply ????

It would be much easier if everyone had their password to report online instead of having to wait in immigration que's for an hour or two, just to say, hey Mr/Ms Immigration Officer I am back from going up the road into another province for 24 hours, que's we wouldn't tolerate for that long back in our home country, yes yes I know, huff puff, if you don't like it go back home, brilliant reply, suffice to say, if Thailand wants to enforce a 40 year old rule, then fair enough, however it should first have it's computer system up and running properly, prepare for the enforcement making a simplified system with no waiting time in ques, or have acceptable waiting time in que's 5 minutes, 10 max, or a drop off box for TM30 reporting, I mean do you know how many people have had trouble registering online to get a password, they say everyone must be verified, but they already know where we are, and no one should be fined if they cannot get registered online first. 

The bottom line is that there is no justification for the TM30 beyond it being the latest revenue stream. It isn’t logical, sensible, effective, useful, workable, simple or functional. It is utter nonsense and if the outside world knew about it they’d be laughing their heads off at this country.

Just now, alzack said:

Pretty Simple' They do not like us They really would like us to go home, back where we came from 

No, if they wanted us to go home, they would not grant us extensions and Thailand is a place that they wouldn't even have to answer your question, why didn't you give me extension, Thai famous smile to the right, by by Mr Farang ????

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

But Thais who want to live in the UK have to pay extortionate visa fees, have to pass different levels of English tests, pay a NHS surcharge, have a TB test and pass the ludicrous Life in the UK test. Expats in Thailand have it easy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Every time I see folks complain about Thai paperwork, etc, I simply think of what its like for a Thai trying to get a visa to even enter the usa

4 hours ago, OneZero said:

It's a money maker to pay for bureaucratic make work (ie, job security for bureaucrats - look how busy I am).

If there is indeed a national security benefit, I doubt that it is appreciable or cost effective.

The IOs had job security before this mess. This additional work is not welcome. They are only following orders. The boss of the IO, at ministry level is following orders. The purge of foreigners is a Thai historical tradition which had been neglected for some time.  A new broom sweeps cleanest. For those who hang on jumping through hoops of paperwork,  financial requirements,  visiting IOs....it will not matter because new restrictions will be imposed,  new rules,  new regulations to prevent foreigners settling in Thailand. Its an end of an era.

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

The bottom line is that there is no justification for the TM30 beyond it being the latest revenue stream. It isn’t logical, sensible, effective, useful, workable, simple or functional. It is utter nonsense and if the outside world knew about it they’d be laughing their heads off at this country.

I agree, that said, it only takes 2 minutes to do it online, so I have moved on, suffice to say, don't tell me you moved here not knowing the above ????

Have a good one.

5 minutes ago, Chazar said:

to scrap it and only  notify if we  change address  permanently tm28 along with scrapping 90 day reporting , everyone knows its  total BS including IO who I  guess are sick to death of the enormous paperwork they now have lumbered on them. Wait for  full facial recognition cameras so soon theyll see you arent in your hometown and will automatically fine you, dont laugh i bet its  coming and soon.

That’ll never work here. Don’t you know that we all look the same?

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

If thai can go to your country and must not have fill out document, then I will help you ask the thai government to do same for you. Is fair.

98% of foreigner come to thailand don’t even know about this 30 document. Because the hotel do it for them.

Thais can not get visas easily for most countries. 

I agree, that said, it only takes 2 minutes to do it online, so I have moved on, suffice to say, don't tell me you moved here not knowing the above ????

Have a good one.

After downloading the app about a month ago my registration was successful yesterday. I’ve yet to receive a PW. The fact of it being simple or not is irrelevant to the fact that it’s utterly pointless.

Approx. 2 years ago, the Chiang Mai authorities started to enforce the TM30. I was informed by my employer that this was to be the case, however, they informed me TOO LATE for me to do anything about it - so I was fined 1600B.

You can imagine that I have followed their requirements ever since. Funny how now it is being highlighted because it is affecting all foreigners residing here in the LOS. Instead of the rather frail tattooed gentleman in the vest, I would have been dressed in my shirt and tie as is required for my profession....

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

In my country, you can come for 30 day with no document at all. 

So more than 20 pages of document for two day holiday to your country.

AND must pay for Visa application

AND no refund if they reject visa application

because they ASSUME I liar and criminal.

i think more easy just to do the easy one page TM30. (And the hotel do it for 98%)

Or not? 

I happy to change. I do the free TM30 and you do 20 pages and pay. Ok?

Not true !

Thailand offers free access only to certain countries , the others have to apply for a paid visa.

No different to the UK or many other nations that offer exactly the same.

But this thread is not about visas , its the process of continually having to report to immigration once inside the country.

Its xenophobic and open to corruption and is the mark of a dictatorship.

11 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Have a good one.

No I did not know about it and I have been retired living in a condo in Pattaya for the last 4 years and travelling around Thailand since 1990. Its not just visitors but many Thais do not know about the new application of an old outdated law originally designed to combat communist insurgency. Its use in a modern civic society is inappropriate.  It is totalitarian and authoritarian and Thais should fear this law.

3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

After downloading the app about a month ago my registration was successful yesterday. I’ve yet to receive a PW. The fact of it being simple or not is irrelevant to the fact that it’s utterly pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I agree, but getting peed off ain't going to solve the problem, once you get your password and report online, you too would have moved on, suffice to say I am not going to allow them to pee me off, I'm in my prime time, retired ????

1 minute ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

No I did not know about it and I have been retired living in a condo in Pattaya for the last 4 years and travelling around Thailand since 1990. Its not just visitors but many Thais do not know about the new application of an old outdated law originally designed to combat communist insurgency. Its use in a modern civic society is inappropriate.  It is totalitarian and authoritarian and Thais should fear this law.

Agree, but law is law, and it doesn't look like its about to change, so we have to comply, or go the other way, "up to you" they say, problem solved as far as the Thai's saying goes. But please don't look for any sense in them, the right doesn't know what the left is doing ????

30 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Many of those Chinese  are buying condos  now and renting them out and are absent landlords  with ZERO interest in doing a TM30 for their tenants.

Just do it Yourself !  No problem !

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

If thai can go to your country and must not have fill out document, then I will help you ask the thai government to do same for you. Is fair.

98% of foreigner come to thailand don’t even know about this 30 document. Because the hotel do it for them.

It is not about the type of residents it about the ownership!, most of the foreigners that live in thai, and the tourist that visit thai are not own there apartments or houses in Thailand. 

so as long as they not purchase home in Thailand,  the tm 30 got nothing to do with them,  only the thai landlord of their rented house or apartment , or hotel they stay ( if they are tourist  ) need to report the government on thier resident on his establishment .

not the foreigner because his not the owner,  the fine is for the owner.  

So also when a foreigner that live in thai, or visit thai for long time as a tourist change residents for more then 24 hours,  it not his problem !,  the duty to report is only on the landlord of his apartment or hotel owner where he stays now . 

Many tourist not only expat,  have apartments in thai, or rent apartments, they not necessarily stays in hotels,  but they not care about tm 30 if they not the owners of thier residents.  

Archived