Wrong date on Visa Exempt stamp

I entered Thailand via Poipet on Aug 16th, not a normal Visa run, I spent some time in Cambodia. Supposed to get my 30 day Visa exempt but got stamped Oct 14th, so 60 instead of 30 days. Need the 2 months, I live here. I think she wrote a "30" in my passport (see picture). 

What would you guys recommend to to?

Just leave after 60 days cuz I didnt know anything? Might get overstay then cuz might be different date in their system, not sure if the stamp counts or not. Or get it changed at Chaengwattana and then extend?

20190827_160753.jpg

3 hours ago, Toulalan said:

What would you guys recommend to to?

Just leave after 60 days cuz I didnt know anything? Might get overstay then cuz might be different date in their system, not sure if the stamp counts or not.

Even though your stamped in for 60 days your not entitled to that and will be on overstay. The only question would be whether or not immigration let you off the overstay, which is unlikely.

They claim it’s our responsibility to know who long we can stay based on our visa.

Or get it changed at Chaengwattana and then extend?

There’s no rush to get it changed, as long as it’s done within 30 days. I would do it in one trip to CW. 

You will need to go to the stamp changing desk before the extension desk.  

Edited by elviajero
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Toulalan said:

Or get it changed at Chaengwattana and then extend?

Have you been staying at a hotel in Bangkok since 16th August? If so, make darned sure that they have submitted a TM30-style report to CW before making any trip out there.

EDIT: Upon re-reading your post I now see that you live here. Pretty essential IMHO, then, that you or your landlord leg it hot-foot to CW armed with a freshly-completed TM30 ASAP (unless this has already been done, of course).

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

It happened to me on a Visa run at Sadao.  The officers 3 year old daughter was sat on desk helping out.  She stamped me for 7 months instead of 3.  I noticed when I got home and went to local immigration office. Senior officer told me it was ok as they have to stand by whatever they stamp in passport, so I dont need to bother about it....  But.  If there is any overstay then the officer who was responsible had to pay the overstay.  So I got them to rectify the mistake....   So up to you whatever you do

• Haha 1

@OP 

In 2017 I arrived to BKK without visa. I expected a 30 VE. I was surprised when I passed the immigration. I got 90 days. Jan-April.

That time I needed a certificate of residence. I went jomtien soi5. When they saw my passport, they just said: no no ths is wrong. Only 30 days!. I said I wanted to stay 5 weeks, they said. I had to apply for extension. Well, I did and they corrected the date Jan-Februar and I got an extensin = 1900.......

10 hours ago, tomartoh said:

But.  If there is any overstay then the officer who was responsible had to pay the overstay. 

Yeah, I can see that happening when you were on your way out through Bangkok Airport!