Yellow Tabien Baan (House book)

Hi there,

Im in process of applying for a yellow tabien baan in my local amphur. Im curious if someone had a similiar experience like me in recent time.

I have been asked to provide:

Translated and certified birth certificate by MoF in Chaeng Wattana

Translated and certified passport by MoF in Chaeng Wattana

Wife's Tabien Baan

Copy of Wife's Tabien Baan

Certificate of Residency from local immigration office

Marriage certificate

Copy of the marriage certificate

Kor Ror 22 (Family book)

Wife's ID card

Copy of Wife's ID card

Proof of land ownership (I dont know the exact name in English)

2 pictures of me

2 witness from family to guarantee for me

1 government official to guarantee for me

Basically they asked me to provide everything, except the work permit.

First two requirements are a lot of hassle for me because I would have to go back to my country and get a duplicate of my birth certificate and passport. Then i have to translate it and get it stamped by MoF in my country and then translated it again to Thai.After that I would I have to go to Chaeng Wattana.

Other requirements are easy. I even got the govenrment official.

Did some have a similar experience ? Is there some way to satisfy them without all the translation process ? After reading all the other experiences on this forum and internet I was feeling pretty confident that this wouldn't be a hassle for me. But Im surprised.

In attachments you can find the picture of all the requirements in thai.

IMG_7418.png

This is standard as they need to have all your data, and of your parents , in certified Thai language. 
It will get in the national computer system, so to avoid errors paperwork is required....
Birth certificates are the most complete forms to extract the data they require/need

Been there, done that

Edit: certified means in this case a certified translator and then a stamp for verification at the Mof

If you have your birth certificate, then 1:get it certified as genuine at your embassy ( if needed) 2:get it translated, 3: get it stamped at the Mof

Some embassy's do provide original copy's , if you are residential in their system. Some country's do only provide in the home birth place...

Edited by My 2 cents

Was married in the UK so had to have everything certified by office in Milton Keynes then Thai embassy in London ,then had an agent get it all translated including my birth certificate at Chang Wattana which had to be certified in british embassy Bangkok ,its all great fun ,best of luck [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, My 2 cents said:

This is standard as they need to have all your data, and of your parents , in certified Thai language. 
It will get in the national computer system, so to avoid errors paperwork is required....
Birth certificates are the most complete forms to extract the data they require/need

Been there, done that

Edit: certified means in this case a certified translator and then a stamp for verification at the Mof

If you have your birth certificate, then 1:get it certified as genuine at your embassy ( if needed) 2:get it translated, 3: get it stamped at the Mof

Some embassy's do provide original copy's , if you are residential in their system. Some country's do only provide in the home birth place...

The thing is I already did this process when I got married back in my country. I had to translate the birth certificate and also our marriage certificate from Czech to English and then to Thai. The Thai government kept my birth certificate and gave me back our original marriage certificate. I went to ask if I can take back my birth certificate to use it for yellow tabien baan. The answer was: not possible. I talked with my embassy and they said they can only certify copy of the birth certificate but cannot give me a new duplicate. The thing is that the local Thai government wants the original as well. And my original is back in at my home in Europe . So I probably have to do everything again when I get back to my country.

Or I will try to translate my copy of the birth certificate and passport here in Thailand and get it certified in Chaeng Wattana. Then see what will happen. If they wont accept it I just loose time.