Can a farang apply for an M Pass

ubonr1971

2 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

whats the difference?

The Easy Pass does both ... you will need to take your passport as well. Probably M Pass also does both ...just a guess

Edited by JAS21

11 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

whats the difference?

They both do the same thing. Easy Pass belonged to Bangkok metropolitan and M-Pass belonged to the Ministry of Transport's Department of Highways outside Bangkok. Several years ago they merged so that either transponder works at any of their automatic gates.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, remobb said:

I have often considered having one of these Easy Pass cards. Can you let me know how these work?

Thanks.

Go and get the TAG from either, an office on the tollway, usually situated after you have passed through the toll booths, or as other posters have said, from a KTB bank branch. You pay a 1000 thb deposit, as such, but the whole of the 1000 thb is credited to the TAG. As you pass through the "Easy Pass" booths it will display your remaining balance on the booth screen.  

You can top up either at 7/11 with the plastic card given with the TAG or at any KTB branch ( usually takes 24hrs for the credit to hit your TAG) or Tollway offices (instant top up). Hope this helps.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, denis911 said:

Go and get the TAG from either, an office on the tollway, usually situated after you have passed through the toll booths, or as other posters have said, from a KTB bank branch. You pay a 1000 thb deposit, as such, but the whole of the 1000 thb is credited to the TAG. As you pass through the "Easy Pass" booths it will display your remaining balance on the booth screen.  

You can top up either at 7/11 with the plastic card given with the TAG or at any KTB branch ( usually takes 24hrs for the credit to hit your TAG) or Tollway offices (instant top up). Hope this helps.

To add to the above, you can use your phone banking to top up using the serial number on the card, doing so this way has been instant and much quicker than the old paying a top up at the booth system. 

I wasn't sure about the deposit being credited 100% to your usable balance, but perhaps I'm confusing that with the original TAG system where there was a device deposit collected.

Adeposit which incidentally I didn’t manage to get the refund on yet! as I didn't have the same passport I'd used to register available at the time of changing over from TAG to EasyPass

Got my M-Pass about two years ago.  Can top up from my Bangkok Bank account any time.  Two or more monthly trips Rayong to Bangkok.  Also now in use when leaving the Pattaya area for BKK and Rayong.  M-Pass has made my trips so much easier.  Well worth your effort to get one.

9 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

Got my M-Pass about two years ago.  Can top up from my Bangkok Bank account any time.  Two or more monthly trips Rayong to Bangkok.  Also now in use when leaving the Pattaya area for BKK and Rayong.  M-Pass has made my trips so much easier.  Well worth your effort to get one.

how does one know the balance after a few months. I suppose if theres no credit then it will not let you through

Hi All, as you pass through the toll booth and pay the toll, the toll booth screen shows your balance.

I also pay online with my Kasikorn Bank account to top up my card, use it on both my cars by just holding it out of the window, a Guy in front of me had his taped to the end of a pole and being held out his window.

Regards

Tom

5 minutes ago, tomtaylor1 said:

Hi All, as you pass through the toll booth and pay the toll, the toll booth screen shows your balance.

I also pay online with my Kasikorn Bank account to top up my card, use it on both my cars by just holding it out of the window, a Guy in front of me had his taped to the end of a pole and being held out his window.

Regards

Tom

To avoid doing that, is it possible to get a 'secondary card' ?

7 minutes ago, tomtaylor1 said:

Hahahahaha, My work supplied vehicle has an easy pass and ive always wondered what that random number on the toll booth screen is !!

Cheers.

8 hours ago, tomtaylor1 said:

Regards

Tom

To check the number on the screen is OK.. but for myself I think it's easier to check the remaining balance on the EXAT app.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Using my SCB mobile banking App. So assume other banks mobile apps are same. 

???? I haven't tried it but if I can do it with App then I should be able to do it with ATM.

Or ditch M pass and get an EasyPass pass and then there are more booths at which to top up. This is a bit drastic but depends how often you want to do it.

Edited by VocalNeal

• 4 months later...
On 8/31/2019 at 11:09 AM, dlclark97 said: