Army chief voices concern over the spread of fake news  

webfact

Ideologies are substitutes for true knowledge, and ideologues are always dangerous 
when they come to power, because a simple-minded I-know-it-all approach is no match 
for the complexity of existence. Furthermore, when their social contraptions fail to fly, 
ideologues blame not themselves but all who see through the simplifications.
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, tompelli said:

Here's an example of fake news - was it last week that the good general said he wouldn't get involved in politics?

that is more like an example of; a smoking gun...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, BestB said:

would love to know what the fake news were and are.

I believe it is just a facade from the gov. A pro-active effort to actually clamp down further on any forms of online views counter to the current military in power.

Wouldn't a democratic country be open to various opinions and point of views despite them being possibly false or misleading. Ehh, maybe I'm just thinking to much like a yank..that I a! ????????

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I get the impression that any news that he disagrees with will be considered fake news...his people may soon become the clearing house for "all" news to ensure it meets his approval...

What could be more "fake" than that?  ????

Well put! I totally agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

When it comes to fake news General Apirat is up there with the best of them. At the time of the recent bombings he blurted out that the bombings had been done by the same people who did the Bangkok bombings in 2006. Seemingly he forgot that no one was ever found responsible for those bombings. 

Awesome comment! I remember seeing that. Wacky logic. One size fits all. I think it's an indication of their reliance and need for security/intelligence from the west.

Seen drinking 1 time, you are an alcoholic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, greg71 said:

Ideologies are substitutes for true knowledge, and ideologues are always dangerous 
when they come to power, because a simple-minded I-know-it-all approach is no match 
for the complexity of existence. Furthermore, when their social contraptions fail to fly, 

You have a dangerous mind, greg71.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Lol,  yes I get it and you are technically correct. India doesn't necessarily promote itself as such, unlike the USA. ????

I just checked a long list of the world's monarchies and b ugger me, I couldn't find one called USA, maybe just for once the "internet" is wrong. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

Open mouth, insert foot. All the store bought decorations, good housekeeping medals and the usual wings of fantasy, cannot hide what is behind such pronouncements. Posturing for the limelight of relevance is pathetic.

• Like 1

The Head of the Armed forces should do exactly what his job description is, not what he thinks it is. Command the Armed forces and keep your nose out of Public Politics unless the security of the Nation is imminent . The last one has made an <deleted> out of the situation, 

It is certain that this man has never known anything but the broken way Thailand deals with problems like spread of lies.  Neighboring countries do not seem to have the same problems as basket case Thailand.  Sadly I believe he or others can deem any truth a lie, in so doing, the actual truth becomes rare.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, greg71 said:

Who said this?

I feel I don't agree with this entirely. Why? Because some ideologies may contain or be based on 'true knowledge.'

Let's keep things simple, rather.

Open to seeing other views regarding @greg71's quote.