Improvements made to TM30 online as business leaders call for review of controversial reporting requirement

rooster59

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that when I buy a new bike (Yamaha X-Max 300cc) in early February, I'll also buy a good quality sleeping bag to strap on the back. Take my 2-10 day bike trips as usual, just never check into a hotel. Come home, and only my wife & son will know I was gone. lol

8 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

Believe me I worked dev and IT consultant and I could code it in less than 1 day.

Sure!

I was talking about ability!

Not your described workflow itself!

There are many elusive "Big Plans" here, but the implementation, if, is mostly, just a clueless mess.

Someone even sent us a selfie of himself and his Thai wife, instead of a document,” Col. Thatchapong told Khaosod

100% they never wrote back to the applicant and told him he submitted the wrong documents!! And what they require!!

3 hours ago, law ling said:

Wonder if I should apply again, under the new, improved system: "it should now take around one week to receive a username and password" - or if I should just keep waiting for a response to my original application.

I tried, said already registered.  That was a fortnight ago, original application was 3 months ago.

3 hours ago, RBOP said:

I applied 6 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago status changed to successfully registered wait for user/password. Still nothing to date. 

My wife did this the first week of June. Still no user name and password. At Chang Wattana they say very busy. Last week it took her from 10 AM till 5:30 PM to register me.

Only when losses to the economy AND certain pockets becomes more apparent will something really be done. What might be something straightforward and simple(to apologists) actually has significant compounded effects from home rentals to hotels to all sorts of businesses when people will stay at home rather than face this foolishness.

Lets hope international press coverage helps

22 minutes ago, leither69 said:

Someone even sent us a selfie of himself and his Thai wife, instead of a document,” Col. Thatchapong told Khaosod

100% they never wrote back to the applicant and told him he submitted the wrong documents!! And what they require!!

And if that farang is 80-90 years old and living peacefully with his thai wife in Thailand for more than 30 years, that's not really that funny.

3 hours ago, taninthai said:

So nothing has changed as originally it was supposed to be 7 days aswell ,I on 16 day wait at the moment,,,I think the issue is if you have submitted wrong documents they do not send email to tell you this.....I might just send a picture of my house.

Or a selfie with you and wife 

The government tells us that TM30 is necessary for reasons of “national security”. I’d like them to show us a list of all the national security incidents over the last 20 years, when the TM30 regime was not enforced, that would have been prevented if TM30 reporting had been in place during that time. I’ll bet it’s a v-e-r-y short list.  

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The government tells us that TM30 is necessary for reasons of “national security”. I’d like them to show us a list of all the national security incidents over the last 20 years, when the TM30 regime was not enforced, that would have been prevented if TM30 reporting had been in place during that time. I’ll bet it’s a v-e-r-y short list.  

Well, THEY did let the Erawan bombers in and out illegally multiple times because they paid considerable bribes at the border crossings. That ought to count for at least something!!!  :w00t:

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

reduce the waiting time for applicants to receive a username and password

I'm curious abot this. Wouldn't this be more or less automatic and done in seconds, like everything else you sign in to on the net?

Do they have some sort of meeting whith a few beers  :smile: whilst they discuss username and password they can give to the applicant?

With apologies, but have I missed the point regarding TM30 reporting? It clearly states on the top left of the form:-

"To Immigration Officer or Police Officer". It appears I can go to my local police station, less than one kilometer from my home, rather than travel the 65 kilometers into my provincial city to report.

I was just thinking one requires a secretary to manage all these reporting requirements..

visa, visa extension, reentry permit, 90 day report, tm30, passport, tm6, financial requirement, work permit, etc

..each one is a pain in the backside, how can anyone be expected to always get this right, it’s like spinning plates they keep adding more hoping you’ll drop one or two to pay a fine or be evicted.

27 minutes ago, Guderian said:

When the Thai govt doesn't have good (or any) justification they use the national security excuse.   The national security excuse is way, way over used by the Thai govt.

They say that the tm30 and hey have to enforce ALL the law which is bull s*** if hey have to enforce ALL the aw then in the H** don't they enforce the law of EVERYONE selling the 80 baht tickets for 100 or more baht NO ONE sells them for 80 any more and if you call the police they just laugh and hang up on you. If you do not believe it, just try Calling the police.

Archived