Improvements made to TM30 online as business leaders call for review of controversial reporting requirement

rooster59

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there  last month, on my usual annual  6 week trip, on a  60 day visa.. I was staying with a friend, when the next day I got in to find two guys sitting there,, both dressed like they worked on the streets,, shorts, tshirt.. one claiming to be the leader of the town and holding some T30 forms,  asking to see my passport, then taking my photo, and questioning me as to how long I plan to stay , where I was going next, How long I was going to be in thailand.  They got me to talk to some woman on his phone who supposebly worked for immigration . I was furious But I let them photo my passport  but refused to tell them about my trip. I had as I informed them got a visa, so was legally there and the T30 has nothing to do with my plans and time staying in thailand. I told them it was disgusting that the government were tracking everyone as if we were criminals and that I would not be returning to thailand again .. The guy was actually very uncomfortable and felt guilty having to be there. So even as a tourist, this damn T3O affects us...

1 hour ago, wobalt said:

Yes, the only valid target MUST BE to scrap those things, not to speed up the reporting system by a faster app.
TM xx and a like are violating basic human rights.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The day might not be far off when someone here takes the government to the court of human rights. The TM30 thing is just the tip of the iceberg. A far more serious problem is the refusal of many Thai embassies and consulates to give foreigners with Thai wives anything other than a single entry O visa, good for 90 days. Extensions are discrminatory, requiring only foreigners, never Thais, to keep hundreds of thousands in the bank.

Now, only HCM and Savannakhet in the entire SE Asia region give multi entry, and now as locations turn to on-line applications only there is no way of applying for a multi entry. Paris and London are the latest to go down that path.

So that means anyone with a Thai wife/family will need to apply for a visa every three months, with the government denying them the right to live in Thailand for more than 90 days without. If that isn't abuse of human rights I don't know what is.

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If that isn't abuse of human rights I don't know what is.

Your human rights issue is at the bottom of the list I'm afraid. According to HRW (Human Rights Watch):

"Thailand endures a human rights crisis four years after the 2014 coup. The military junta under Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-ocha has banned political activity and public assembly, enforced media censorship, arbitrarily arrested dissidents, and detained civilians in military facilities. Authorities have used lese majeste (insulting the monarchy), sedition, and computer crime charges to suppress free speech. In the Thailand southern border provinces, rights abuses persist in the conflict between separatist groups and the government. Over three million migrant workers face systematic abuse and exploitation, including in the fishing industry, despite government promises for reform. Refugees and asylum seekers are subject to arrest and deportation."

https://www.hrw.org/thailand

3 minutes ago, SPREX said:

Bla bla .... 

Apps work correctly  !!! 

TM30 Section 38 

TM47  Immigration Service 

TM6 IN-OUT 

Driving Licence QR Code   

Cordially 

BLUESTACK4.PNG

Thank you for taking the time to design the nice pictorial.

It's now time to send it off to Immi, to print it on the big poster, for the Monday meeting.

11 hours ago, jaltsc said:

“The easy solution would be to scrap it

Why don't they change the name of the visa and call it what it really is?: "House Arrest Visa". And instead of the TM 30, just clamp on a leg monitor so they always know where you are.

That is EXACTLY what the TM30 amounts to. It discourages travel because of the hassle involved. They don't need this information in order to track expats.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the strain the Immigration Bureau finds itself under having to cope with 35 million tourists who visit Thailand each year, millions of migrant workers from neighbouring countries and a significant expat community

I'm an expat in the Netherlands. I think this government man is just making poor excuses. Other countries deal with these same issues, but don't have the same painstaking laws. We have all of those issues - many tourists, an int'l hub for transferring in Europe, migrant workers from all over the EU, and constant refugees from the middle east. I have yet to wait in long lines at the airport, and once I got my work/residency, 5 year visa, I have yet to have to check in with the government if I leave my providence, or my country or every 90 days, or every year. I used to want to live in Thailand with my Thai girl, but just visiting is fine. Too much hassle with airports, immigration, banks, residency, death roads, etc.

Just now, curlylekan said:

Didn't the government say that they want more locals traveling to other provinces since tourism is down? All the restrictions on expats make it seem like they only want Thai people traveling to other provinces. 

But where is the issue?

Thais can generate more domestic consumption.

Foreigners can generate domestic consumption PLUS fines. ????

Il y a 50 minutes, KhunFred a déclaré:

C'EST EXACTEMENT ce que représente le TM30. Cela décourage les voyages à cause des accidents impliqués. Ils n'ont pas besoin de ces informations pour suivre les expatriés.

APPARENTLY YOU HAVE NOT ENJOYED ALL THE SUBTLE OF TM30
It allows to track people (Thais, foreigners and rental companies who practice renting black)
On the Thai side it's a bit of panic we have already told their tenants that they want to stop the rental agreement ...

397733263_APPSTM30Notificationdone.PNG.5d4e2799b94f7264b56717c1d0172275.PNG

Someone even sent us a selfie of himself and his Thai wife, instead of a document,” Col. Thatchapong told Khaosod. 

100% they never wrote back to the applicant and told him he submitted the wrong documents!! And what they require!!

Na - it wasn’t a selfie! A misunderstanding - If the Col would have looked a bit closer he would have seen the stretched out middle finger of both the Farang and his Thai wife expressing to him what they think about the TM30 with the picture they send to him!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Don't think there will be many progressive changes on this until there's another significant change in gov't leadership. Unfortunately that could be in another years when next election may happen. All the recent immigration tightening has been under direction or approval of the current PM over the past 5 years.

Bla bla ..... Notification Tor 30 (TM30) made with Apps Section 38 the ID and password is the same to enter the immigration intranet
and surprise my TM30 is good also in this application without having filled anything here !!!!!!

Where is the problem ??????? 

2109018400_APPSTM30NotificationFusiondone.PNG.5764d9f17323551d8b394993dc1a9ddd.PNG

I must be missing something.

People can say anything on the net - and can easily report  they are in Chiang Kong when they are actually in Yala.

So what does registering online  and reporting actually 'prove' ?

What is its function ?

should be an easier simple system,  I'm not saying its difficult but its confusing . Who fills in the TM30 form if I visit an hotel in Pattaya ? Is it myself or is it the Hotel manager? . Who is responsible for making sure it gets sent to the Immigration?. If it doesn't get sent to the Immigration who is the one who gets the fine? O

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Don't worry guys....I'm sure immigration has fully barricaded themselves and stocked-up with enough food and water for at least a year in order to defeat this siege on their extremely flawed, outdated, and bureaucratic TM30 process.  The farang barbarians will be held off and defeated!!!

That's probably actually true. 

The Thais can't tolerate farang criticism. 

I think it is the Japanese business community that will get this changed, if anyone can do it. 

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

That's probably actually true. 

The Thais can't tolerate farang criticism. 

I think it is the Japanese business community that will get this changed, if anyone can do it. 

And the Germans Im told

7 hours ago, MickeyR said:

should be an easier simple system,  I'm not saying its difficult but its confusing . Who fills in the TM30 form if I visit an hotel in Pattaya ? Is it myself or is it the Hotel manager? . Who is responsible for making sure it gets sent to the Immigration?. If it doesn't get sent to the Immigration who is the one who gets the fine? O

The Hotel

11 hours ago, Funkymover said:

I was there  last month, on my usual annual  6 week trip, on a  60 day visa.. I was staying with a friend, when the next day I got in to find two guys sitting there,, both dressed like they worked on the streets,, shorts, tshirt.. one claiming to be the leader of the town and holding some T30 forms,  asking to see my passport, then taking my photo, and questioning me as to how long I plan to stay , where I was going next, How long I was going to be in thailand.  They got me to talk to some woman on his phone who supposebly worked for immigration . I was furious But I let them photo my passport  but refused to tell them about my trip. I had as I informed them got a visa, so was legally there and the T30 has nothing to do with my plans and time staying in thailand. I told them it was disgusting that the government were tracking everyone as if we were criminals and that I would not be returning to thailand again .. The guy was actually very uncomfortable and felt guilty having to be there. So even as a tourist, this damn T3O affects us...

Interested to know more about this visit from plain clothed immigration officers, were you visited at a hotel or a private residence, did they fine you for not having a TM30, What province ?

21 hours ago, jaltsc said:

“The easy solution would be to scrap it

Why don't they change the name of the visa and call it what it really is?: "House Arrest Visa". And instead of the TM 30, just clamp on a leg monitor so they always know where you are.

I have heard rather than the leg monitor there are plans of using the neck monitor.

Like that 90s film Wedlock/Deadlock

What will happen is we will all walk around with these neck bracklets and immigration will pair you up with another random farang.

If one of you fails to complete the TM30 you both will....well you've seen the movie....

Just ban all Farangs from traveling out of the province they said they would be staying on the TM 6 set up boarder check points from province to province cross boarder travel not allowed on a tourist visa unless you have a TM 69

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

For months, expats have taken to Thaivisa to air their frustrations at the delays at being able to properly register for the TM30 online system

I think the frustration is about that they actually have to do the TM30.

I applied for a user name and password for the missus several months ago in Phuket, it took about 2 weeks. I used it recently to register a guest in our house but I did not get any verification other than the record shows up on a search when I go back in to the app. So maybe it’s working?

I must be missing something.   People can say anything on the net - and can easily report  they are in Chiang Kong when they are actually in Yala.  

So what does registering online  and reporting actually 'prove' ?

What is its function ?

When you register online as the home owner you have to register with your address and phone number. When you report a visitor through the App it means the visitor stays at the address you registered with.  

What I would be more worried about is that when you register with the Section38 App it asks you via pop-up again and again to let the app access your location!!

It is very likely that if you grant them this access that they can track your EVERY MOVE!

Just like google and other Apps can if you give them access.

Anybody on here given them access during registration? I advise you to switch it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived