Improvements made to TM30 online as business leaders call for review of controversial reporting requirement

rooster59

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

Wait for a

Wait ten minutes and the normal government stooges will be along to tell you, it's the law, it's easy, stop whining and if you do not like it leave. 

Which is EXACTLY what they want you to do... leave.

As someone who has been made to feel like a Parolee (Tm30... 90 day... financial requirements to name but 3) and being under the thumb of the individual IM officer's discretion and therefore not really knowing if I will pass muster and be stamped in... the pleasure of LOS has been taken away by a beurocracy that cares little for anyone but their own importance and hold on power. Not to mention a lack of either common sence or logic. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Stoker58 said:

In a country where their favourite word is “Cannot!” ?

It used to be ‘I can do’ but that’s all changed even for Thais trying to get things done.

For example i hate going into a Thai bank these days I’m sure to be told ‘cannot’

..even if I said ‘do you breathe oxygen’ the clerks answer would be an automatic ‘cannot’

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The easy solution would be to scrap it

Seems quite simple, really. Do the 90 check in no TM-30 needed. My landlord has had a heck of a time doing this reporting.  So much so, that I thought he was going to evict me. 

4 hours ago, smedly said:

anyone living here on a 12 month extension of stay or long term 12 month visa should not need to fill in a TM30 more than once unless their permanent address changes

It's what the Sakon Nakhon Immigration said to me and other friends who are here on 12 month extension.

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

Wait for a

Wait ten minutes and the normal government stooges will be along to tell you, it's the law, it's easy, stop whining and if you do not like it leave. 

So you upstaged them. Beat them at their own silly game you did.

Well done!

1 minute ago, unamazedloso said:

Have to report within 24hrs but can take up to 6weeks to get a password. Makes sense...

They think farang are magicians.

Alternatively you could do the report at immigration in person whilst waiting for password.

4 hours ago, missoura said:

This just in from the Bamboo Grapevine: The TM30 turns out to be nice little money maker and my wife says that I was right. I was not surprised. You see after living here for 20 years, I can often forecast the future.

We live out in the boonies and my wife deals with our rental properties in Bangkok. She has done a great job for years and takes care of all the bits and pieces necessary to collect rent. However, the TM30 scheme has created confusion and she recently called her immigration friend.  Now, this friend has been involved with immigration matters for donkey years and knows how the system works. On this matter she simply said that have to jump through the hoops. To much money is being collected. The dam has broken and is not going to be repaired is what she actually said.

I already knew that from previous observations. If one money stream dries up, the Thai officials will always find some more water somewhere. It is actually pretty smart and is always predictable...

Yeah we thought similar. The military needs more money!

Curious as to how long it will continued to be enforced, maybe this time next year, things may be different. Ha.

Ease of doing business is a hallmark of any nation's attractiveness for trade, investment and tourism. We commend the government for positive steps in 'ease of doing business'. 

Duh. Of course. This is so basic. Why is it so far above the heads of these bureaucrats? Why are they unnecessarily complicating our lives and their own? And the lives of the hotel owners? The hotel people don't already have enough work to do?

There is simply no excuse for any of this. None. A user name should be supplied either automatically by the online system or within 24 hours. No need for someone to personally review a request for a username. These immigration guys are simply out of control, grossly incompetent and totally in love with paperwork and thick files of documents. 

Best to do away with the requirement all together. Or at least hire a few competent people. This stuff is so elemental. It is absolute and empirical proof of the staggering degree of incompetency of this administration. 

Only enough pushback, complaints and pressure from all segments of the community, the forums and the international press, will get these guys to behave and enact rational policy. 

1 hour ago, Expat Brad said:

The online issuing of PW and user name should be automated kike many other platforms. Get with the present day Thailand!!!

Yep. Just returned from Hong Kong. It took 30 seconds to get an SMS on my phone with user name and pw from a Telecom Co.

I rent a property, which is owned by a couple who live in the UK but through a Thai nominee company ... who is the landlord? The UK couple or the Thai company? 

If it's the UK couple how am I supposed to get them to sign the form when I return from my travels.

If it's the Thai Company will the nominee Co Directors be responsible for signing the form?

Either way it would be impossible to get it done in 24-hours   

"The interview with Khaosod also touched on the strain the Immigration Bureau finds itself under having to cope with 35 million tourists who visit Thailand each year, millions of migrant workers from neighbouring countries and a significant expat community."

If foreigners change location once per week on average, which is reasonable since most are tourists, thats about 50 x 50 million 2.5 Billion TM30 reports per year that Immigration has to deal with.  

And they expect us to feel sorry for them because of the workload. Morons!!!

Military dictatorships are typically characterised by moronic decisions in government. This is but one example. 

In all reality, if they cannot keep up with the applications and the user names & passwords, how the hell do they keep track of every visitor or local who continually moves around, even if somebody does everything by the TM30 Law how can immigration keep up with such colossal movements, if somebody on the TM30 scheme did something bad and needed to be tracked down, it could take weeks before they found out "Oh, it looks like he crossed over the Thai Myanmar Border" ... or whatever 

Nope I like it up here in the harsh Communistic Country of Lao PDR, where you can go anywhere you want, in the back of a pickup, anytime of the day, and book in any hotel/Guest House and not even show your passport ... better than the Democratic methods of Fascist Thailand !!!!

2 minutes ago, rtco said:

I rent a property, which is owned by a couple who live in the UK but through a Thai nominee company ... who is the landlord? The UK couple or the Thai company? 

If it's the UK couple how am I supposed to get them to sign the form when I return from my travels.

If it's the Thai Company will the nominee Co Directors be responsible for signing the form?

Either way it would be impossible to get it done in 24-hours   

You are the "possessor", so you also have the obligation to report any foreigner staying at your place.

1 hour ago, NightSky said:

I was just thinking one requires a secretary to manage all these reporting requirements..

visa, visa extension, reentry permit, 90 day report, tm30, passport, tm6, financial requirement, work permit, etc

Add also the Residence Certificate (TM30 s now required), Yellow Tabian Ban (doesn't work anymore to renew your driving licence) & the Pink ID Card (that has zero advantage if you have a thai driving licence). And they think that's really easy for us ?

They say that online registration will be fast now ? I tried to register again this morning and 5 hours later I'm still waiting their email to validate my email. They are not working the week-end ?

1 minute ago, British Bulldog said:

So do you have to report that you are staying in 'your' place ? ... or only when you go on a break and stay somewhere else ? (in Thailand)

Haven't got a clue

I live in chiangmai.    If i don't leave the province i don't have to be concerned about a TM30.   I won't spend money for hotels, or restaurants as i generally do every year when we travel to different locations within Thailand.    Problem solved.

Archived