Improvements made to TM30 online as business leaders call for review of controversial reporting requirement

rooster59

On 8/31/2019 at 1:45 PM, jonclark said:

Wait for a

Wait ten minutes and the normal government stooges will be along to tell you, it's the law, it's easy, stop whining and if you do not like it leave. 

Right on mate !!!! My guess these folks here: The sacre mongers, nay-sayers, the whiners would do the same whining in a harem with unlimited pussy gourmet food and any frothy beverage they so desired for free for the rest of their miserable lives! 

<deleted> off to them all I say.

I seem to see very little comment on TV about the pro-expat announced changes/ re-thinking to compulsory medical insurances that had everyone was in a huge uproar about ... How come that?

Maybe because they have been made to look like the catastrophising ninnies they are.  Whinging isn't just the purview of Poms thats for sure!!!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, SPREX said:

Bla bla ..... Notification Tor 30 (TM30) made with Apps Section 38 the ID and password is the same to enter the immigration intranet
and surprise my TM30 is good also in this application without having filled anything here !!!!!!

Where is the problem ??????? 

The problem is a) the whole TM30 is useless and cumbersome b) getting the credentials takes ages c) it's unreliable 

No surprise the app and web page are in sync, same database. If immigration would get a 3rd party non-Thai developer this mess would've been sorted out in days. But there's no hope, they will continue to use sub par somchais.

On 31/08/2019 at 8:42 AM, smedly said:

anyone living here on a 12 month extension of stay or long term 12 month visa should not need to fill in a TM30 more than once unless their permanent address changes

If this is a fact can you please provide a link to the Thai Immigration guidelines and section/subsection reference where this is stipulated please? I shall then print off a copy to go in my passport and forget about this daft TM30 process.

Help Please. I have a question. I own a condo here in Thailand and frequently leave and return to Thailand. Am I required to complete a TM 30 each and every time on my return or is my departure and arrival card sufficient provided I am not in the country for longer than 9 days at a time. I have a retirement visa? Thank you for any help or recommendations. 

Jerry

1 hour ago, trevoromgh said:

If this is a fact can you please provide a link to the Thai Immigration guidelines and section/subsection reference where this is stipulated please? I shall then print off a copy to go in my passport and forget about this daft TM30 process.

it is an opinion not a quote

On 8/31/2019 at 10:41 AM, RBOP said:

I applied 6 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago status changed to successfully registered wait for user/password. Still nothing to date. 

I applied on 25th July, and I am in the same situation.

"Should not need" .....Does not imply fact, but an opinion, wish or disagreement with status quo. Don't jump down on the guy for an opinion, or maybe just read his comments more closely?

I live in this country with my family and I find it quite insulting that I am forced to report

to the police if my family and I leave the house for 25 HOURS!

Either they scrap it or we will not stay away from the house longer than 24 hours.

We'll be saving money on petrol, food, accommodation, etc...

I hope western countries retaliate and impose the same rules when Thais (Aliens) visit or live

in those countries. See if they would like it. Oh, by the way, it would be for "security reasons" only.

Loved that comment in the Nikkei Review
"Police Maj. Gen. Patipat Suban Na Ayudhya, commander of Immigration Division 1, linked the clampdown directly to terrorism. "A couple of years ago, many cases happened in Thailand," he said during a panel discussion last week at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand. "A lot of terrorists came here and did something not good to my country."

So, now of course, with enforcement of the TM30 law all terrorists properly register with the TM30 and the police know where they are. A great improvement in security.

I would love To have a good Winge about TM30 but I am still p1ss'd off about having my finger prints taken at the airport when I returned from Australia late July. 10 years here and not one conviction for a crime......  And sometimes it's best to not say anything online that maybe.....no, would lead to a deport order or a prison sentence!

I know I'm repeating myself, but I don't care how easy they make the TM30. Immigration could send a hot 22 year old in a miniskirt to my house to fill it out for me and I'd still protest. The very fact that the form exists at all should be an affront to any thinking person regardless of culture or nationality.

So there!

I have been trying to register on line at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG as a landlord.   For whatever reason the site will not accept any information I place in the nationality field.   I have tried all the search options but after the search it comes up with no result.

Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong?

TM30 2.png

TM30 1.png

Just explained the TM30 law enforcement to the wife. She thought it was utterly rediculous that she'd have to report my whereabouts to Immigration every time we left the province. Her final comment on this was "next the Gov will want to know each time when you go to pee.". 555

33 minutes ago, jerojero said:

Just explained the TM30 law enforcement to the wife. She thought it was utterly rediculous that she'd have to report my whereabouts to Immigration every time we left the province. Her final comment on this was "next the Gov will want to know each time when you go to pee.". 555

2 hours ago, adwbkk said:

I have been trying to register on line at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG as a landlord.   For whatever reason the site will not accept any information I place in the nationality field.   I have tried all the search options but after the search it comes up with no result.

Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks for your help, I am now signed up and waiting for my password and UN.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:20 PM, Spellforce said:

You are certainly right, because so far the immigration service in Jomtien did not ask for this TM30, and that changed 2-3 weeks ago.

They never asked me but my landlord friend tenants were fined because his tenants did not tell him their travel movements,  so he did not report them, when they next went to IO they were fined and the landlord repaid them. That was Jomtien nearly 2 years ago.

On 9/1/2019 at 5:40 AM, Tropposurfer said:

Right on mate !!!! My guess these folks here: The sacre mongers, nay-sayers, the whiners would do the same whining in a harem with unlimited pussy gourmet food and any frothy beverage they so desired for free for the rest of their miserable lives! 

<deleted> off to them all I say.

I seem to see very little comment on TV about the pro-expat announced changes/ re-thinking to compulsory medical insurances that had everyone was in a huge uproar about ... How come that?

Maybe because they have been made to look like the catastrophising ninnies they are.  Whinging isn't just the purview of Poms thats for sure!!!!

I think you mean whining Aussies! But its difficult to tell cos' their statements sound like questions. There was very little uproar about medical insurance.  It would have cost little, not been time consuming and might have been useful.

Help Please. I have a question. I own a condo here in Thailand and frequently leave and return to Thailand. Am I required to complete a TM 30 each and every time on my return or is my departure and arrival card sufficient provided I am not in the country for longer than 9 days at a time. I have a retirement visa? Thank you for any help or recommendations. 

Jerry

It’s up to you really. According to the outdated law you should apply for the TM30 once - keep it in your passport and then update it every time you return to Thailand - or even from another province. You don’t have to do a new TM30 every time you return as long as you return to the same address- they just update the date of your return and put that date stamp onto your TM30 and into their computer.

If you do not get a TM30 until you renew your extension of stay based on retirement you will need to get one before they extend your visa and you will be fined - the current fine in Chiang Mai is 1600 Baht - not sure about other immigration offices as they seem to make it up as they go along.

You have to do the maths - if you have to travel far from your Condo to immigration and you have to do it frequently it might be cheaper to pay the fine before your yearly visa renewal.

You could of course also apply for a TM30 through the Section38 App and as the owner of the condo update it online with the App - if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Loved that comment in the Nikkei Review
"Police Maj. Gen. Patipat Suban Na Ayudhya, commander of Immigration Division 1, linked the clampdown directly to terrorism. "A couple of years ago, many cases happened in Thailand," he said during a panel discussion last week at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand. "A lot of terrorists came here and did something not good to my country."

So, now of course, with enforcement of the TM30 law all terrorists properly register with the TM30 and the police know where they are. A great improvement in security.

Remember how these allegedly terrorists came into the country ?
They payed off corrupt immigration staff at the Cambodian-Thai border. The Major Gen seems to have conveniently forgotten to mention that!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, jerojero said:

Form Q2P

On 8/31/2019 at 10:43 AM, Just1Voice said:

Can't. The loss of 'face' would be catastrophic.

The loss of tourists, expats and investors would be even more catastrophic. They are working on a solution now that will probably take some months or longer to implement, which will allow them to save face in the meantime.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:58 AM, boonrawdcnx said:

Remember how these allegedly terrorists came into the country ?
They payed off corrupt immigration staff at the Cambodian-Thai border. The Major Gen seems to have conveniently forgotten to mention that!

Indeed, it takes a complete and utter lack of any sense of shame for an Immigration official to get up in public and start talking about episodes like the Erawan bombing in connection with TM30 enforcement, when it was their own people, according to news reports on the attack, that allowed the bombers in and out of the country in exchange for payments.

Just spent 24 hours trying to get the password to work on their app and web site, going to go on the bus to report in person. If they want to improve it employ some IT staff who know what they are doing. I even got a new password, that did not work either, pathetic.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:09 AM, Grumpy John said:

I've yet to go to any government office in Thailand that does not have computers....yet the system seems to be more 19th century....not 21st century!

But have candy crush, line and face book so Win 98 and explorer dee mark for 'work'

Archived