Improvements made to TM30 online as business leaders call for review of controversial reporting requirement

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Paying taxes is a good thing

In countries where the money actually goes back to the people in other forms, perhaps.

The money flows differently in Thailand, though. Once it gets where it gets, it will be siphoned through the companies of brothers, wives, nephews, cousins, father in laws, that provide services to the Government of no real value, but priced very highly.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

You are certainly right, because so far the immigration service in Jomtien did not ask for this TM30, and that changed 2-3 weeks ago.

Are you saying Jomtien immigration now asks for a TM30 for 90 day reports or long stay extensions. 2 weeks ago when I did my marriage extension they didnt ask for one.

They have been asking for TM30 for a couple of years for tourist extensions.

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Are you saying Jomtien immigration now asks for a TM30 for 90 day reports or long stay extensions. 2 weeks ago when I did my marriage extension they didnt ask for one.

They have been asking for TM30 for a couple of years for tourist extensions.

From Facebook / Thai Visa Advice:

Screenshot_20190829-213329_Facebook.jpg

1 minute ago, lkv said:

From Facebook: 

Screenshot_20190829-213329_Facebook.jpg

I am in that facebook group, I would take that report with a grain of salt.

Yes, everyone has to report "BUT" Jomtiem do not check when you do a 90 day report or long stay extension.

Nothing has changed at Jomtien.

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, everyone has to report "BUT" Jomtiem do not check when you do a 90 day report or long stay extension.

Yeah well, it's posted by a moderator. They would think about posting stuff like that, I reckon. But maybe not, who knows.

Either that, or the "party" has started at Jomtien, you are already in violation of the law, without knowing, because the IO's told you last time "no need", but next time they will tell you "now need, pay the fine". When you say , "nothing has changed at Jomtien", when did you last visit?

That's the way to make money in Thailand. By deceit.

Then maybe two months later it's "no need" again, to ensure the next chapter of money flow.

1 hour ago, JDGRUEN said:

I've searched over several venues and find Not One mention of a Thai Landlord having been fined for failing to do a TM.30 report. 

But I have found numerous reports by Expats complaining that their landlord refuses to cooperate in any way, shape or form.  Not even supplying a Thai ID card and/or Tambien Baan. 

Mine was (and that was maybe 18+ months ago) - to which I volunteered to pay for it because I really did not want them to worry about raising rent to cover the hassle (or thinking of it)... it was a reasonably good rent for the area.

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Well something has changed since last time I did an extension they did check and off to milking room it was. That was last year December I think, 60d extension for non-imm O before I got tired of their BS and got elite.

I've searched over several venues and find Not One mention of a Thai Landlord having been fined for failing to do a TM.30 report.  //

You clearly don't see what you don't want to see...

I saw several report about Jomtien Immigration where, when a tenant couldn't show his TM30 receipt, the officer called the owner and ordered him to come to the Immigration Office ASAP. The owner is then explained how the TM30 works, and get is first fine for it !

Many owners very upset about that, and several residences in Pattaya where Thai owners now refuse foreign tenants because of this TM30. :sad:

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Someone even sent us a selfie of himself and his Thai wife, instead of a document,” Col. Thatchapong told Khaosod. 

Great idea, will probably be implemented soon.  

I believe that there may be a chance of the TM30 laws being changed now that the Thai business group have come into the fight. We as foreigners do not have any rights or any say in what the government want but the business people of the country do have more say and more push than we do. Let's hope that the government will listen to its own businesses and do something about this.

10 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Well something has changed since last time I did an extension they did check and off to milking room it was. That was last year December I think, 60d extension for non-imm O before I got tired of their BS and got elite.

Yes, they have been enforcing tm30 for short extensions for a couple of years now but to date they dont enforce for long stay extensions or 90 day etc

8 hours ago, jonclark said:

Wait for a

Wait ten minutes and the normal government stooges will be along to tell you, it's the law, it's easy, stop whining and if you do not like it leave. 

This is current policy in the UK these days.  Except in the UK deportation is the result of non compliance, not a few thousand baht fine.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

to date they dont enforce for long stay

When you say "to date", note that the report i took a screenshot of, was posted Wednesday, August 28th (3 days ago).

I've searched over several venues and find Not One mention of a Thai Landlord having been fined for failing to do a TM.30 report. 

But I have found numerous reports by Expats complaining that their landlord refuses to cooperate in any way, shape or form.  Not even supplying a Thai ID card and/or Tambien Baan. 

My wife is Thai and has been fined, also my Thai landlord in siracha got fined 2 years ago. Neither of them post in expat forums.

41 minutes ago, lkv said:

In countries where the money actually goes back to the people in other forms, perhaps.

The money flows differently in Thailand, though. Once it gets where it gets, it will be siphoned through the companies of brothers, wives, nephews, cousins, father in laws, that provide services to the Government of no real value, but priced very highly.

Sounds just like the UK.  Except there, in the UK, the siphoning off tax payers money runs to the billions (of GBPs) to pay 'contractors' providing services that are normally the government's remit.  

I suppose the front line Immigration Officer doesn't exactly see it that way, and probably why the attitude has changed for the worse over the years. Perhaps Immigration Officers throughout the country are also peed off with all the extra paperwork they are having to deal with? 

The best thing all round would be to scrap the darn thing - especially for people who have been here trouble free for years, and do their 90 day reports as required, and confirm their personal details every year by way of a TM7.

Yes, the only valid target MUST BE to scrap those things, not to speed up the reporting system by a faster app.
TM xx and a like are violating basic human rights.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, lkv said:

When you say "to date", note that the report i took a screenshot of, was posted Wednesday, August 28th (3 days ago).

The facebook post didnt say people are now being fined or refused retire extensions, it just says there is a new law (its not new) and everyone now has to report (its been that way since 1979). Only the enforcement is new and the facebook post doesn't mention any new enforcement at jomtien. 

The guy on facebook is just posting what we all aready know, TM30 law exsists and we are all required to report. 

If he said TM30 is now required for a retire extension or 90 day report then we would all take note.

2 minutes ago, notrub said:

Sounds just like the UK.  Except there, in the UK, the siphoning off tax payers money runs to the billions (of GBPs) to pay 'contractors' providing services that are normally the government's remit.  

Which is why I like to not pay tax anywhere operate in a tax efficient environment.

But if I was more ethical, I'd be doing it in a country that steals less.

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If he said TM30 is now required for a retire extension or 90 day report then we would all take note.

My point was, when they keep changing their stories, people "coincidentally" get screwed for fines.

If the IO tells you one thing today, and another tomorrow, it's your fault you have not complied, you pay. Or the landlord. Whoever they can get their hands on.

3 minutes ago, lkv said:

My point was, when they keep changing their stories, people "coincidentally" get screwed for fines.

If the IO tells you one thing today, and another tomorrow, it's your fault you have not complied, you pay. Or the landlord. Whoever they can get their hands on.

Yes, lots of that going on but thats why its really important that any change at an office is reported accurately.

Jomtien being one of the major expat offices would have a huge effect if they change the enforcement. 

As in most civilized countries, registered address should be verified like in tm30 but person should then be free to travel in any part of the country. If he/she will checkin hotel, its automatic local police have data. The trick is in staying private residense. This should also be allowed without any more multiple reportings.

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

thats why its really important that any change at an office is reported accurately.

By whom? Them?

If they report accurately and people take notice, trying to "circumvent" / avoid the fines, how else would they get the fines?

The purpose is to get fines. Money.

Not to improve any "national security". Or "for the safety of you and your residence".

I thought it was pretty obvious by now.

Good! 1000's more should show up there. Maybe Imm will get some internal motivation to get this Bs changed

I have from a reliable source that Phuket immigration dont want you going there, overloaded already with people who dont read here on TV asking for information what to do, they have to explain to almost every farang that walks through the door  

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

, Col. Thatchapong Sarawanangkul from Immigration Division 1, said it should now take around one week to receive a username and password.

'Bock wan' or 'Go hoke muk muk'! 

8 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Not to put too fine a point on it but it should be instantaneous. One week is as big a fail as 2 or 3.

And that's just the govt line of drivel. I'm sure it still takes weeks.

Instantaneous, yes. Supply your own user name and password, as you would downloading any app or programme in the 21st century world that is still light years away from Thailand, and you're good to go.

4weeks who I applied for username and password. And absolutely nothing in that time. Today I decided to re-register and hey presto within 10 minutes I had a username and password and TM30 done.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Don't worry guys....I'm sure immigration has fully barricaded themselves and stocked-up with enough food and water for at least a year in order to defeat this siege on their extremely flawed, outdated, and bureaucratic TM30 process.  The farang barbarians will be held off and defeated!!!

Archived