Improvements made to TM30 online as business leaders call for review of controversial reporting requirement

rooster59

5 hours ago, jonclark said:

Wait for a

Wait ten minutes and the normal government stooges will be along to tell you, it's the law, it's easy, stop whining and if you do not like it leave. 

A not unreasonable point of view.

Just because they differ from you why are they stooges.

Name calling only serves to stifle grown up debate..dont you think?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is simply no excuse for any of this. None. A user name should be supplied either automatically by the online system or within 24 hours. No need for someone to personally review a request for a username. These immigration guys are simply out of control, grossly incompetent and totally in love with paperwork and thick files of documents. 

Thailand 4.0

You speak using logic but TIT :D

Everytime we deal with immd we need to prove we are not elephants.

anyone living here on a 12 month extension of stay or long term 12 month visa should not need to fill in a TM30 more than once unless their permanent address changes

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:
6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

reduce the waiting time for applicants to receive a username and password

I'm curious abot this. Wouldn't this be more or less automatic and done in seconds, like everything else you sign in to on the net?

Maybe not seconds, but minutes.

It took a few hours for me last week-end, but it's my fault as I didn't look for an answer after registering late at night and didn't saw the email their system sent me at about midnight :smile:

When I saw it in the morning. I clicked on the link (email address verification) and received username & password a few minutes later. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The easy solution would be to scrap it

It hs apparently been scrapped --- for non owners.  But make sure you file your TM28 within 24 hours.  Sorry, no online service for that.  Of course, when I tried to file one, Immigration refused to take it and would not give me  receipt.  Next week, maybe they will fine me.  Who the hell knows?

26 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

5 hours ago, I've resubmited a new registration and I still didn't receive an email to click and validate my email.

When I check my status, I have this message:

0000.jpg.bbf5ce0c49c11360d250d146d6c2291e.jpg

What does it mean ?

It means you are caught up in a Kafkaesque nightmare.  My only advice to you is to not hold your breath while waiting . . . 

Why is a member of the armed forces employed by the immigration department. No military should be allowed to hold civilian positions. This is an anomaly we have got used to but its a farce. If he is military then he should be doing that job..If he wants a civilian position then he should resign from the military. Military should only speak on military matters. Given their murderous track record and history coups they really need to be put in their place once and for all. Until this happens Thailand can never be taken seriously on the world stage. Their incompetence is staggering. Dads Army is running the country into the ground whilst robbing it.

To get a Tourist Visa in Sydney I'm required to supply a copy of confirmed accommodation which is my/wife's house, when I arrive I'm required to complete an arrivals form with my Thai address and when I get home I'm are required to go to Immigration within 24 hrs to report the address of the place that I have already advised the Thai Consulate in Sydney to get a visa and I've written on your arrivals form when I got to Thailand. Welcome to a third world country.

5 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

oh cry me a river

am i supposed to feel sorry for the additional workload THEY placed on THEMSELVES

jaysus.

I suppose the front line Immigration Officer doesn't exactly see it that way, and probably why the attitude has changed for the worse over the years. Perhaps Immigration Officers throughout the country are also peed off with all the extra paperwork they are having to deal with? 

The best thing all round would be to scrap the darn thing - especially for people who have been here trouble free for years, and do their 90 day reports as required, and confirm their personal details every year by way of a TM7.

yes I agree work load they created 

but is it to little to late 

still know large number of people moving on as they feel unwanted here.

they treat Japanese and Indian people so much better because it them that bring the money no one else.

I would love to see just for one week no one spend one bht nothing go no where pay for nothing see how quick the ideas change 

1 hour ago, iamariva1957 said:

Which is EXACTLY what they want you to do... leave.

As someone who has been made to feel like a Parolee (Tm30... 90 day... financial requirements to name but 3) and being under the thumb of the individual IM officer's discretion and therefore not really knowing if I will pass muster and be stamped in... the pleasure of LOS has been taken away by a beurocracy that cares little for anyone but their own importance and hold on power. Not to mention a lack of either common sence or logic. 

We are the current targets. Next it will be the Thai people. They are being prepared for a North Korean/Chinese style totalitarian dictatorship. They would have more freedom under the occupation of a western government.

6 hours ago, jonclark said:

Wait for a

Wait ten minutes and the normal government stooges will be along to tell you, it's the law, it's easy, stop whining and if you do not like it leave. 

Then they wonder where the farang has gone....?????

54 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

5 hours ago, I've resubmited a new registration and I still didn't receive an email to click and validate my email.

When I check my status, I have this message:

0000.jpg.bbf5ce0c49c11360d250d146d6c2291e.jpg

What does it mean ?

It does "not" really mean what it says.  Yes, it sure states/implies an email with link has already been sent to you, but that's not necessarily the case. 

It took 6 days for my verification email to arrive...until that time I saw the same status as above.  Once the verification email/link arrived and I clicked it the status changed to sending User ID/Passwork but that was 6 days ago.   Now been waiting a total of 12 days since submission of my registration package. 

My servicing immigration office is Chaeng Wattana and they are definitely not generally processing registration packages within approx a week like their boss is telling the media based on the posts I'm seeing.   

I've searched over several venues and find Not One mention of a Thai Landlord having been fined for failing to do a TM.30 report. 

But I have found numerous reports by Expats complaining that their landlord refuses to cooperate in any way, shape or form.  Not even supplying a Thai ID card and/or Tambien Baan. 

I fully understand the frustrations many have had regarding this TM 30 nonsense. However, I also feel if there had not been such an outcry, and a petition to immigration, there was a very good possibility it would have died a natural death, like so many other rules and laws we hear about today, and are gone tomorrow.

Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

28 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

I've searched over several venues and find Not One mention of a Thai Landlord having been fined for failing to do a TM.30 report. 

But I have found numerous reports by Expats complaining that their landlord refuses to cooperate in any way, shape or form.  Not even supplying a Thai ID card and/or Tambien Baan. 

exactly and this along with useless online system is why it so hard for many comply.

If they made it easier apply by needing rental contract only then be far easier for those who's thai landlords flipping the finger .

As for the online system that a joke, I work for IT company doing bespoke business and industrial software and shocked at the poor effort they working with .

Tm30 strict enforcement been pushed on by Junta top players foot stamping at immigration policy and hatred of westerners residing in thailand, Prayut for one detests average class westerners and he not alone in his nationalist/elitist ideas ....
It going get worse not better .

Junta under the guise of elected government got a lot of interest in keeping western ideas out of the country .

5 minutes ago, Surasak said:

I fully understand the frustrations many have had regarding this TM 30 nonsense. However, I also feel if there had not been such an outcry, and a petition to immigration, there was a very good possibility it would have died a natural death, like so many other rules and laws we hear about today, and are gone tomorrow.

You are certainly right, because so far the immigration service in Jomtien did not ask for this TM30, and that changed 2-3 weeks ago.

OK about "lose face" etc ... but can not they make a good move, grant a TM30 exemption to all people with a one-year visa who complete their 90-day notifications? (= same address).
This would relax the atmosphere and the media pressure would fall.

3 hours ago, rolfwipi said:

I like to make bike tours for several days. So I am never in the same province. How can I comply with the requirements of TM30?

My buddies enjoy doing guided jungle trekking tours in northern Thailand, often setting up camp for a couple of nights. How to report their address via TM30? "Clearing at the bottom of the third hill in northeasterly direction some 32km from Mae Hong Son near the stand of conifers just next to the small bend in the brook"? More importantly, who will file the forms? Does an employee of the national park office (i.e. the landlord) have to drive all the way to Mae Hong Son immigration? Or maybe they could simply send the guide into town, marathon-run style in order not to miss the 25-hour deadline.     

It's just incompetence. pure and simple. You only have to look at their new e-Visa process. Everyone else's e-Visa improves upon the the former. Not Thailand. What is the point of an e-Visa that still requires two visits to an Embassy(if you don't want to put your passport in the post)? 

Applicants are required to set up an account and submit visa applications, then book an appointment to submit their passports and visa applications in person at the Embassy.

What??!!

Step 1: Set up an  account

Step 2: Submit application electronically

Step 3: Print the confirmation/declaration

Step 4: Book an appointment and print that

Step 5: Submit application confirmation, appointment confirmation and passport in person at Embassy (WHAT??!!)

Step 6: Return to Embassy to pick up passport and visa.

Do they have any idea of what constitutes an e-Visa??!!

Previously;

Step 1: Submit Passport and application at Embassy

Step 2: Return to Embassy the next day to pick up passport with visa.

Shocking! If the idea is to put people off applying for visas, it is working.

If the intention was to streamline the process, it is nothing short of moronic.

Try watching their demonstration video. The server is so slow. Totally inadequate bandwidth for the video. So it buffers all the way through. Your only choice is to download it; https://thaievisa.go.th/Images/sliders/e-visa.mp4

A truly horrible experience. So I simply don't bother.

7 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

There are 3 reasons why TM30 is unlikely to get scrapped.

1. Military is patriotic. When military is in power (spare me the elections coverage), focus is on nationalism and ridding country of undesirables, in their view all non-Thais.

2. This is a really nice money maker. Making rules so difficult that most would rather pay a fine than follow means a lot of money for nothing from fines of those caught ignoring it.

3. Information is collected (and seems in some computer database) which will one day get linked with Revenue department, which will use provided rental agreements and landlord information to go after those renting out property without paying taxes.

It has nothing to do with national security. It's all about money and getting rid of the people they dislike.

Paying taxes is a good thing

Archived