Improvements made to TM30 online as business leaders call for review of controversial reporting requirement

rooster59

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Estrada said:

Applied online 3 weeks ago, still no user name and password.

Don't worry about it. According to news from Phuket , they wan't to srap the TM30 in favour of the TM28. Just wait for a new 'easy to use' app is produced.  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

The easy solution would be to scrap it

It would be even easier to just revert back to the previously practiced non-enforcing of that wretched law. It's not like the authorities here had no experience with that, i.e. not enforcing laws. In fact, the RTP in particular are veritable experts when it comes to that.

Some years back a Farang that had lived here for 20 or so years returned to Britain and wrote a book entitled... ''Thailand-Money First'';  it was interesting and sometimes comical reading, in some ways you couldn't make it up, but seeing things through my own eyes here now for the last 13 years i often reflect on that book because things are not just the same but worse than they were back then !

All the while the Junta wearing suits are running this country things will never get any better becuase like it or not Xenophobia rules.

Summary:

- You've to prepare "Selfies" with your family in front of your house (for the Visa anyways), beside "hand-drawn" maps for example!

- "Leg Monitors" are not necessary, because you might have a Thai SIM card!

- The TM30 isn't the goal (a lot of work), the fines due to it, is the goal

- International publicity is the only fact, what's considered

29 minutes ago, missoura said:

This just in from the Bamboo Grapevine: The TM30 turns out to be nice little money maker and my wife says that I was right. I was not surprised. You see after living here for 20 years, I can often forecast the future.

We live out in the boonies and my wife deals with our rental properties in Bangkok. She has done a great job for years and takes care of all the bits and pieces necessary to collect rent. However, the TM30 scheme has created confusion and she recently called her immigration friend.  Now, this friend has been involved with immigration matters for donkey years and knows how the system works. On this matter she simply said that have to jump through the hoops. To much money is being collected. The dam has broken and is not going to be repaired is what she actually said.

when an official government dept is introducing or incorrectly enforcing rules to make money then there is something seriously and fundamentally wrong  - it is open corruption on a level that is unparalleled and quite frankly a disgrace for Thailand

The single most obvious example of this was the implementation to the financial seasoning requirements relating to "12 month Extension of Stay", it was said the claimed reason for this rule change was to wipe out the use of agents and bribes that certain people were using to bypass the seasoning requirements - it has clearly had the opposite effect and more people are now using agents - a huge off book money earner for Immigration officials

Those that have always done things by the letter of the law are now having to jump through hoops to comply - providing evidence of monthly international transfers that is not only expensive but doesn't always work, or having to keep a bank balance of 800kbaht for 5 months and a constant balance of 400kbaht (the latter I don't have a problem with), this is money that people used to use for living expenses as it was intended but now have to keep it tied up in a bank unable to touch it...………..OR use an agent and a bribe to completely bypass any of this, Thailand Immigration and Authorities should be ashamed of themselves for this very obvious exploitation and "in your face" corruption

Then we have this TM30 nonsense 

It really leaves a bad taste  

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I have from a reliable source that Phuket immigration dont want you going there, overloaded already with people who dont read here on TV asking for information what to do, they have to explain to almost every farang that walks through the door  

all they have done is confuse the issue even further, although they say the TM30 is the responsibility of the property owner they have swapped it out for another form - 

we don’t hold foreigners responsible for filing the TM30. Foreigners just need to make sure that they fill in a TM28. The TM30 is the landlord’s job,” Phuket Immigration Deputy Chief Col Nareuwat Putthawiro said plainly on Wednesday (Aug 28).

so now not only do you need to do a 90 day report of your permanent address - you need to file a TM28 every time you travel within Thailand and your landlord also needs to file a TM30 even though your permanent residence address has not changed - seriously 

The stupidity as astounding 

Question.

Does the online system when you are using it to report show the report on the systems in all Imm' offices or just on the main base in BKK or only in the base of your local Imm' office?

Signed

Champion computer luddite 

2012 to 2019.

Sent from my 1955 Marconi Oceanspan. Fitted with variable Mu pentode valves.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Question.

Does the online system when you are using it to report show the report on the systems in all Imm' offices or just on the main base in BKK or only in the base of your local Imm' office?

Signed

Champion computer luddite 

2012 to 2019.

It depends on the "Administrator"...

Sometimes they forget their own passwords, sometimes they forget to to set one at all... ????

However, speaking to Khaosod English, Col. Thatchapong Sarawanangkul from Immigration Division 1, said it should now take around one week to receive a username and password.

Sorry Colonel....I submitted my registration request on 19 August.....didn't get the email address confirmation email until 25 August....as of today (31 Aug) I'm still awaiting my User ID/password for Chaeng Wattana....that adds up to 12 days which is almost "two" weeks and still waiting.

Why immigration don't hire a dev (2-3 days maximum) to improve the TM30 registration process ?

Step 1: Email validation

The email is not automatic, apparently it needs a manual validation, why ?

The validation should be sended aumaticaly.

Once the link is clicked, then:

- you should receive an email with your username & password (status = pending for validation)

- the list of the "pending" users are submited to an officer (cf. Step 2)

Step 2: Validation by an officer

- The officer will have a list of pending registration

- A form has to be made for the officer

Case 1: Everything ok, he validates and the system will send an email to the user

Case 2: not ok, the officer fills the "reason" then the system will send an email to the user with the "reason" (cf. Step 3)

Step 3: Edit your information

In case you had been rejected (cf. step 2) for whatever "reason", the user should be able to login and edit his informations

Once it has been saved, change the status to (pending to validation) & go again to Step 2

With that flow, it would not take more than 5mn to an officer to validate or not a registration.

2 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Wifey applied online in May, status changed to approved 2 weeks ago, still no username and password.

I applied using the app middle of July, status changed to approved 8 days ago, still no username and password.

Maybe you didn't see in april their email with user & password ?

If your status is validated, there is an option to get back your forgoten password, have you tried ?

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

The fact that the Japanese picked up on it is key. The Thais would take more seriously Japanese expats as Japan is the largest investor in Thailand by far. 

I'm sure the Japanese have been quietly lobbying the Thais. 

I mentioned this when it  all kicked off, the Japanese hate  this, source wife renting out rooms with many Japanese  clients.

Keep  pushing till they scrap or forget it again, making the app easier is  NOT  the solution.

Japanese expect efficiency.

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

The fact that the Japanese picked up on it is key. The Thais would take more seriously Japanese expats as Japan is the largest investor in Thailand by far. 

I'm sure the Japanese have been quietly lobbying the Thais. 

Japenese will definitely intervene in smooth respectful productive manner instead of farangs with insulting, superior and lessons givers.  That makes huge difference.

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

Wait for a

Wait ten minutes and the normal government stooges will be along to tell you, it's the law, it's easy, stop whining and if you do not like it leave. 

Until business leaders point out the amount of money expats bring into the country which brings profits to them and employment to many.

Just now, Petchou said:

Japenese will definitely intervene in smooth respectful productive manner instead of farangs with insulting, superior and lessons givers.  That makes huge difference.

Oh dear, another hater of farang....

I don’t see how this is good for Thailand. My wife has a tourist visa for Australia but she doesn’t need to report to immigration when we go to another state to see friends and report when we come back. It’s ridiculous. There is no benefit to Thailand for this system.

1 hour ago, normanx1234 said:

Waited two months after applying online to have the application rejected with no reason given. Have applied again using the App, but hold out no hope as there isn't an option for tenants.

Two weeks ago I received an email, which came two months after my having applied for the online reporting facility. The email is in Thai language saying my application is rejected as insufficient documents submitted.

I hadn't got around to doing anything further and suddenly out of the blue on two days ago I received the login details and password and have since submitted my first online TM30.

Yesterday purely by coincidence, I'm sitting next to the CEO of the company that runs the Immigration website and mention to him that I see his company name popping up on documents that probably should be dual language and certainly include English for the TM30. He's not even aware that there's any issue and this TM30 business/issue was news to him.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Col. Thatchapong, who also spoke on the matter of TM30 at the Foreign Correspondents Club earlier this month, reiterated that delays with online system are mainly due to applicants failing to submit the correct documentation.

Maybe, but it would’ve been helpful to tell people that they had done so rather thank just leave them in limbo. I waited 10 weeks and then submitted the documents again and got my password and user name four days later. Strange. 

19 minutes ago, Pib said:

Sorry Colonel....I submitted my registration request on 19 August.....didn't get the email address confirmation email until 25 August....as of today (31 Aug) I'm still awaiting my User ID/password for Chaeng Wattana....that adds up to 12 days which is almost "two" weeks and still waiting.

20 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

Why immigration don't hire a dev (2-3 days maximum) to improve the TM30 registration process ?

Step 1: Email validation

The email is not automatic, apparently it needs a manual validation, why ?

The validation should be sended aumaticaly.

Once the link is clicked, then:

- you should receive an email with your username & password (status = pending for validation)

- the list of the "pending" users are submited to an officer (cf. Step 2)

Step 2: Validation by an officer

- The officer will have a list of pending registration

- A form has to be made for the officer

Case 1: Everything ok, he validates and the system will send an email to the user

Case 2: not ok, the officer fills the "reason" then the system will send an email to the user with the "reason" (cf. Step 3)

Step 3: Edit your information

In case you had been rejected (cf. step 2) for whatever "reason", the user should be able to login and edit his informations

Once it has been saved, change the status to (pending to validation) & go again to Step 2

With that flow, it would not take more than 5mn to an officer to validate or not a registration.

That's a good workflow, but a "really" big plan!

Even, if the "Admin" is able to set it up, there is still the problem of the "HR" to "deal" with it.

"HR" should at least, have read their job description, having knowledge and concern (not just pretended) about the system they're working with.  

The past tells, beside the "Big Plans", there'll be not so much achievement.

7 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

That's a good workflow, but a "really" big plan!

Believe me I worked dev and IT consultant and I could code it in less than 1 day.

PS:

They have also an huge bug in their online 90 days notification, it happens when you stay for long time and changed for a new passport.

You still have the same TM6 on your new passport, and when you try to fill their form with the new passport n° and TM6 n°, then the system can not find you !

The system has in a table your (old passport number, TM6 number).

Immigration must have a file with the people who have changed their passport, just run a sql query that updates that table with the new passport number.

Then this query could be executed automaticaly every 2-3 days... easy !

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't understand what documents one is supposed to send, "I'm back" obviously isn't enough.

Welcome back, you have a lot of reading to do then, so grab a bottle of Chang and read away ????

Archived