Thousands protest British PM Johnson's move to suspend parliament

rooster59

27 minutes ago, juice777 said:

"We have finally got someone who is a leader and is willing to carry out the wishes of the British electorate, if Boris can do that by any trick in the book that will be fine by most folk" 

Why didn't the yellow chicken step up before then before May Because he knew a new deal was impossible.He wanted to hang back and wait till she failed test the water for public opinion on a no Deal scenario after it's been put threw focus groups no doubt.Take the ball from the scrum(his words not mine) become Prime Minster,pretend he is Winston Churchill for few months ,Promise loads of cash the Government don't have and a Government he has just spent about 12 years in agreeing with that they don't have any cash to the police schools Etc not deliverr. Because it's blatantly a lie why not lies have seemed to work out swimmingly for you so far in for a penny in for a pound.Then if Brexit happens in what ever shape it is he will clam Victory take the Credit Just like the Olympics and Boris Bikes both of which was mostly done under Ken Livingstone. lose the next general election hand the government to Jeremy Corbyn sod off to America and write a book i and get a chat show on American TV we saying oh crikey a lot as the UK implodes and he cashes his cheques where he has no doubt made money shorting the Pound along the way some how.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

"olympics" what a white elephant that turned out,still typical livingstone thought everyone loved him,[they did briefly,till they realised he was serious]then he got the gooner.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, vogie said:

Parliament is only a building, the MPs are supposed to be the ones that are sworn to uphold the tradition of democracy. Well with your hand on your heart can you possibly say they are doing this. 

You don't ask a country for their opinion with a promise of implimenting that decision then when they get the results back, throw them in the bin,, that is certainly not democracy.

Once again a Brexiteer displays his ignorance of the Parliamentary procedures he wishes to lecture us on.

MP’s do indeed swear an oath but it has nothing at all to do with upholding any tradition of democracy.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

This is going to be my last post to you, I am beginning to get repetitive stress in my middle finger.

Parliament passed a bill to allow the electorate to vote on whether to leave the EU or not.

The electorate voted and parliament listened to the electorates decision and decided to go with what they voted for, are you still with me?

When parliament triggered Art50 it made it law to leave the EU, ok so far?

And here's the rub, parliamentary democracy can only work if the MPs are being democratic, and unless you are an eidelweiss living on the top of Mount Everest you surely would see the failings of our democratic process.

This whole debate is not about anything you have mentioned. It’s about whether parliamentary democracy should be ignored because it doesn’t suit a Brexit agenda. 

I agree you should no longer debate a point you have no chance of winning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Brigand said:

Once again, doing a great job at being a polarizing hate figure on the forum. Try being constructive sometimes. Not sure why you are on this forum as I doubt you live here because you never comment on Thai related threads.

bit off topic,but look at hong kong,bit nearer to home,all the people who chose to do thailand a favour by settling there should realise they are only guests and could be asked to sling their hooks at a minutes notice.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

This whole debate is not about anything you have mentioned. It’s about whether parliamentary democracy should be ignored because it doesn’t suit a Brexit agenda. 

I agree you should no longer debate a point you have no chance of winning. 

"No chance of winning" playground talk.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Brigand said:

Once again, doing a great job at being a polarizing hate figure on the forum. Try being constructive sometimes. Not sure why you are on this forum as I doubt you live here because you never comment on Thai related threads.

Sorry for pointing out a easily checked false claim.

Where I live is not the topic of discussion, much less any of your business.

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

As a remainer , I would just like to say a few words on behalf of an apparently minute percent of remainers who would like to respect the democratic vote that chose to leave the EU.

I believe that Brexit is a mistake.

Since the UK is a major contributor to the EU's budget we would have done better throwing our weight around with readily available allies 

( Hungary , Greece , Italy etc ) within the union , than collecting up our marbles and leaving in a huff.

But that is water the bridge.

The vote was not rigged or undemocratic in any way. Brexiteers

turned out to vote. Remainers , for whatever reason , did not.

That is democracy. Vote on it and act accordingly.

The attempt by my fellow remainers to block Brexit by all means  ( not agreeing to anything that will result in Brexit ) I personally find very sad.

Democracy means putting things to the vote and abiding by the outcome.

If we cannot , then all of us should cease criticizing Thai politics. We are just another banana republic , democratic in name only.

I think the leave vote was a knee jerk response to immigration. 

But I am prepared for the Brexit and once the dust has settled think that the UK will not sink beneath the waves if we leave.

I have more confidence in the UK than can be measured by the calibre of our current politicians.

Your statement that the vote was not rigged needs qualification.

The Elections Commission found and penalized electoral frauds committed by the Leave Campaign and subsidiaries linked to the Leave Campaign.

Your definition of democracy omits the right of people to Campaign and topically peacefully demonstrate against the actions of the government, a right that exists regardless of election or referendum results.

15 minutes ago, Denim said:

As a remainer , I would just like to say a few words on behalf of an apparently minute percent of remainers who would like to respect the democratic vote that chose to leave the EU.

I believe that Brexit is a mistake.

Since the UK is a major contributor to the EU's budget we would have done better throwing our weight around with readily available allies 

( Hungary , Greece , Italy etc ) within the union , than collecting up our marbles and leaving in a huff.

But that is water the bridge.

The vote was not rigged or undemocratic in any way. Brexiteers

turned out to vote. Remainers , for whatever reason , did not.

That is democracy. Vote on it and act accordingly.

The attempt by my fellow remainers to block Brexit by all means  ( not agreeing to anything that will result in Brexit ) I personally find very sad.

Democracy means putting things to the vote and abiding by the outcome.

If we cannot , then all of us should cease criticizing Thai politics. We are just another banana republic , democratic in name only.

I think the leave vote was a knee jerk response to immigration. 

But I am prepared for the Brexit and once the dust has settled think that the UK will not sink beneath the waves if we leave.

I have more confidence in the UK than can be measured by the calibre of our current politicians.

we tried to  "change the eu from within" for the  last 40 odd years in the latter years they just laughed in our faces,thats why we voted to leave,

• Like 2

Just now, rhyddid said:

It's a clear coup, shutting down government to avoid the democratic discussion of a very important topic !

HM The Queen shall step in and revert what she signed.

BJ proves once again to be an errant incompetent dictator in a democratic country, that why he shall be jailed and banned from politics for life !

No deal and leave UK in the hand of such disgraced man it's the equal of the end of democracy and UK itself!  

Shutting down the democratic process , when that process is trying to undermine the democratic process .

This is getting confusing 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

we tried to  "change the eu from within" for the  last 40 odd years in the latter years they just laughed in our faces,thats why we voted to leave,

Clearly they didn't try hard enough.

They tried civilized negotiation.

When this doesn't work you have to up the anti and make a big stink.

Use your economic clout to make yourself heard. Clearly, British politicians have not been up to the mark.

• Like 2

If an unelected Prime Minister with a majority of 1 and no mandate can shut down Parliament in an unconventional but legal way, It must be ok to ignore a nonbinding referendum and revoke article 50 in an unconventional but legal way. Espically when sold on lies and they haven't delivered.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Boris's cavalier decision just might come back and bite him.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

Clearly they didn't try hard enough.

They tried civilized negotiation.

When this doesn't work you have to up the anti and make a big stink.
Use your economic clout to make yourself heard. Clearly, British politicians have not been up to the mark.
Plenty of Hard Brexiteer smelly stink now.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app