Let’s lighten up : Thai Visa Members?

peterb17

How can I be expected to lighten up when I feel so neglected, I mean I've never been denied or even 'nearly denied' entry at either land or air ports. Not once have I been asked for any illicit payment at any of the scores of checkpoints that I've been stopped at or waved through; what's worse is that I usually get a smile returned as I'm waved through and only once has a policeman talked abruptly to me in nearly ten years.

Why do I always have to be charged the same price as Thais when I go shopping or eating out, don't these people realise that I'm only here to be ripped off daily or in some cases hourly?

How is it that my wife's family's buffalo has such a strong constitution, resulting in it never requiring urgent, expensive medical attention? Actualy I'm not sure that they even have a buffalo. Which is worse, having a sick one or none at all?

Why does it have to be my wife that treats me well (sometimes better than I deserve) and has no mysterious 'brothers', 'cousins' or 'friends' that she has to visit in the evenings.

I spend all of my waking hours fretting about how I'm missing out on the 'normal' Thai experiences for a Farang that the chances of me lightening up are slim to none, I'm afraid.

Always 1 in a 100

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app