Video: Man weaving through traffic gets his just desserts

webfact

8 hours ago, metisdead said:

The just reward for driving fast and furiously. 

Perhaps, but he damaged the Mercedes and should pay for it.  his weaving around the square van, which could have been a school van with children in it, was most egregious.  He should be charged with reckless endangerment.

• Like 1

Speed  cameras  will do nothing to stop this, most of the drivers  all  too  close even the ones not racing each other, speed  not  much over 90kmh judging by the video as the first car only doing 74kmh but dont  worry when you  all have those speeding tickets for  keeping a  safe  distance  giving signals and not driving too  close but oh my  lord  doing 100 in a  90kmh...let me  know

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...the Merc seems to accelerate..." 

The Merc's brake lights were on right up to the time that he did the runner, so how could he have been accelerating to prevent the Suzuki getting past?

just watch the video and you will understand what I mean

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:
4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...the Merc seems to accelerate..." 

The Merc's brake lights were on right up to the time that he did the runner, so how could he have been accelerating to prevent the Suzuki getting past?

tgw - did you watch the full video? especially dash-cam footage from the Cheap Charlie car? [Suzuki Swift]....  The Merc ML is driving quite consistently and contentiously in the inside lane, doesn't vary its speed or change lanes suddenly.... The suzuki just tries to squeeze through on the inside until and slams on the brakes when the gap isn't there - under heavy braking it drifts into the Merc. 

Can't see how any blame is placed on the Merc Driver in this situation. 

As for the Mere not stopping - I wouldn't want to stop on the expressway, its asking for a Lorry to pile straight into you. 

Also, if my Wife were driving alone, I wouldn't want her to stop. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

tgw - did you watch the full video? especially dash-cam footage from the Cheap Charlie car? [Suzuki Swift]....  The Merc ML is driving quite consistently and contentiously in the inside lane, doesn't vary its speed or change lanes suddenly.... The suzuki just tries to squeeze through on the inside until and slams on the brakes when the gap isn't there - under heavy braking it drifts into the Merc. 

Can't see how any blame is placed on the Merc Driver in this situation. 

As for the Mere not stopping - I wouldn't want to stop on the expressway, its asking for a Lorry to pile straight into you. 

Also, if my Wife were driving alone, I wouldn't want her to stop.

yes.

watch the footage until the end.

the Swift passes the Merc on the left, or at least that's what its driver thought. you can then feel how the Swift accelerates slightly after it passed the Merc.

when approaching the taxi, the driver is clearly surprised to find the Merc at his right when he collides with it - the only explanation is that the Merc accelerated.

it's pretty clear for me that the Merc didn't let the Swift pass on the left, and don't get me wrong, I don't think the Merc should have let it pass.

I think it's a good lesson for these annoying little tailgater sh!ts. I would love to see more of them totaling their cars (I don't wish harm to anyone though).

Edited by tgw

17 hours ago, tgw said:

I did, several times, that is why I was refuting the incorrect claim, unless you know how to deliberately accelerate your car in order to escape from a scene whilst also applying the brakes. 

Just watch the video and you will see what actually happened, the Merc's brakes were being applied from the moment that it entered the video.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I did, several times, that is why I was refuting the incorrect claim, unless you know how to deliberately accelerate your car in order to escape from a scene whilst also applying the brakes. 

Just watch the video and you will see what actually happened, the Merc's brakes were being applied from the moment that it entered the video.

what happened before that is more relevant.

cf.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, tgw said:
10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

what happened before that is more relevant.

No, it's not more relevant to my comment that was solely in response to a poster who claimed that at the time of contact the Merc was accelerating, it wasn't, it was braking, that's why it's brake lights were on.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

No, it's not more relevant to my comment that was solely in response to a poster who claimed that at the time of contact the Merc was accelerating, it wasn't, it was braking, that's why it's brake lights were on.

it had been accelerating before

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, tgw said:

it had been accelerating before

Really?  Considering that that was not shown in the video, how do you know that it was accelerating?  At the moment the Merc came into the video at 00:13 it was showing it's brake lights which did not go off until the Suzuki had hit the barrier and it left the scene.  How exactly does that braking correlate with accelerating?

Edited by Just Weird

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Really?  Considering that that was not shown in the video, how do you know that it was accelerating?  At the moment the Merc came into the video at 00:13 it was showing it's brake lights which did not go off until the Suzuki had hit the barrier and it left the scene.  How exactly does that braking correlate with accelerating?

as I said before (do you read?) the Swift passed the Merc on its left and then accelerated (you can see this at the start of the second video). and at the time of the collision, the Merc was there too, which was only possible if the Merc accelerated as the Swift did.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, tgw said:
On 9/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, Just Weird said:

as I said before (do you read?) the Swift passed the Merc on its left and then accelerated (you can see this at the start of the second video). and at the time of the collision, the Merc was there too, which was only possible if the Merc accelerated as the Swift did.

"as I said before (do you read?)…"

Do you? 

I was commenting about someone's claim, can't be bothered checking, it may have been yours, that the Merc was accelerating when contact between the two was madeIt wasn't, as evidenced by it's brake lights being on!

26 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"as I said before (do you read?)…"

Do you? 

I was commenting about someone's claim, can't be bothered checking, it may have been yours, that the Merc was accelerating when contact between the two was madeIt wasn't, as evidenced by it's brake lights being on!

as post #30 shows, you were replying to me, but you made up the part about "when contact between the two cars was made".

so I repeat that the Merc has been accelerating, and I add the information that it had been doing so before contact was made, while it's clearly visible on the video that the Merc was indeed breaking in the instant contact was made.