Thai consideration: They actually get out of the way of an ambulance

webfact

Thai consideration: They actually get out of the way of an ambulance

7_VI.jpg

Thais have been praised for being thoroughly considerate in their driving habits and finally getting the message about making a path for emergency vehicles. 

Following a spate of cases last year when people failed to get out of the way of ambulances taking sick people to hospitals comes better news from Chiang Mai. 

A "Thetsaban Muang Ton Pla" ambulance crew posted a video of what happened when they had to take an emergency kidney patient to the Maharat Nakorn Chiang Mai hospital downtown. 

There was dense rush hour traffic on Friday morning but motorists considerately made a path for the ambulance to get through. 

Sanook said it was a good news story showing consideration for others. 

One person died in the traffic last year after being blocked and getting to hospital too late. Other cases made national news. 

Thaivisa notes that the fine for doing that is 500 baht though there have been calls for it to be increased. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-02

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thais have been praised for being thoroughly considerate in their driving habits and finally getting the message about making a path for emergency vehicles. 

That is why there are such visa problems .This is not an element of Thai culture !
This is the bad influence of foreigners!

19 minutes ago, jondoe18 said:

That is why there are such visa problems .This is not an element of Thai culture !
This is the bad influence of foreigners!

Yes I noticed also on Jomtien Thapraya crossing /second road near the turn to beach .... Thais stopping at red light ....amazing Thailand ???? even my moto taxi ....imagine ...!!

6 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Loving the radio going on on the ambulance. The patient really must have been at ease with the that and the siren ????

Maybe they were on the way to the incident?  Even if they weren't, I doubt that any patient needing emergency treatment that badly would have any concern whatsoever about the EMS sirens intended to help them.

2 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

"Thai consideration", so it's not a law that you have to pull over for an emergency vehicle with it's lights and siren on? If not, it should be.

Maybe it is, because I think I read before that some lady was fined 500 Baht for not moving. 

Considerate your having a laugh, if this is true and i was allowed i would rent a shop fill it with ted and blue flashing lights and two tone horns because if people start moving over every thsi will fit one and on the approach to a junction they will engage there clear the road idea 

When I went for my driver's licence in Melbourne, it was part of the rules and the fine for not doing so was sizeable. Fancy being in peak hour traffic in a big city and one of these sirens sound.  It's absolutely fantastic to see the traffic move out of the way.  They can!!

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

The saddest thing is that this is such a rare phenomena here that it makes the news.

What next.....a video clip of a car actually stopping to allow pedestrians to cross on a marked crossing controlled with lights.

In CM there is a crossing  with a light (at the iron bridge across from Somphet).  First of all you have to be careful of the motor bikes who on the whole don't stop.  Then the next thing is, that as you pass a line (there are 3), it moves on.  The light is still red, but they move on.  Now a latecomer to the light can't use it, because the traffic is moving. And it is still red.

Was driving behind a BMW on a long highway last week, middle lane, I thought that's unusual, they aren't driving like a <deleted>. 

Then an ambulance came along in the outer lane, he pulled out in front of it, slowed down a bit and wouldn't move, after about 5km the ambo could undertake it, he then moved back into the middle lane and moved back up to his previous cruising speed.

It's quite bizarre.

I can only attribute it to wanting to spite people that are doing good/positive things. 

Still some imbeciles. 3:35 the white Hilux won't get out of the way. 4:00 the Songtaew does his standard dart to the left just because he's a <deleted>. Countless others simply unable to maneuver their vehicles into space, or early on the VW who thought the waves were parting for him before a last minute dart back to the right to get out of the way.

Watch the video, it is pathetic. But it isn't as pathetic as it used to be.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:18 PM, AhFarangJa said:

The saddest thing is that this is such a rare phenomena here that it makes the news.

What next.....a video clip of a car actually stopping to allow pedestrians to cross on a marked crossing controlled with lights.

Now you're really pushing it.

Archived