A real pub with a real selection of beers

sunnyboy2018

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Hophead looks like it could be a good one.

the 'Brixton' one could be a bit fiery.

seriously though, all the time I am here, I can put up with the local 'pish' thank you. when I go back home, LONDON PRIDE everyday... mmmmm...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, transam said:

Your thread is about you leaving LOS and "trying" to tell us your departure "upside" for self comfort....????

You might have a point but Im only really passing through the UK. Im lucky because I still own london property for me to live in or rent out when I travel. I just thought it was a nice picture of a typical pub in modern Britain.  The other 5 nearby pubs have a similar range of beers available including both international and very local brews. It does serve as a reminder of the poverty of choice in Thailand in the majority of areas. That being said its better than thirty years ago. This thread has the word 'pub' in its title so I thoughþ it might be appropriate. 

9 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Here's a bar in Bangkok.

Has a range of craft beers and guest ales on tap. Also has draught Stella and Paulaner which my local in the UK has but your's doesn't seem to have.

Also has great ribs, smoked on the premises in a smoker imported from the USA.

If you are relocating to the UK, I suggest Lancashire or Yorkshire, you'll never find a decent pint anywhere near London.

IMG_E2045.thumb.JPG.4f6f7a29293f4ed0895c1615b888aec9.JPG498515205_BarFirstfloor3.thumb.jpg.7d7bc7410eda3112c345069993a3ca01.jpg 

How do the barmaids in your local compare to these?

12107042_10154087100177612_142722232397026122_n.jpg.622905f2123edfe9786a8f2c324a0a64.jpg

Nice pics.  Looks like a nice pubs. Regarding the beer of the north being better than the beer of the south: simply not true. Not true now and not true 30 years ago. Its just misplaced northern pride, just chauvinism. Consult CAMRA  of which I was a founding member in the anti Watneys campaign. 

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Like 1

I was back in The Old Country a week or two back, and struggled to find traditional Scottish ales; some places had American-style hoppy ‘craft’ IPAs, some had Belhaven Best (bitter) but very little of the traditional, dark, burnt-molasses malty ales of days gone by

11 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

This is a pub talk forum. If you have such strong feelings then perhaps a forum dedicated to coffee and cakes might be better for you.

Not into coffee and cakes but if i was I would not base what country i want to live in on it. That would suggest a serious problem of addiction to coffee and cakes if i let it rule my life like that. 

But there are a lot of people on this forum that cry murder every time a non alcohol day is announced so your not alone with your obsession about alcohol. As long as your happy and it does not destroy your body all the power to you. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Not into coffee and cakes but if i was I would not base what country i want to live in on it. That would suggest a serious problem of addiction to coffee and cakes if i let it rule my life like that. 

But there are a lot of people on this forum that cry murder every time a non alcohol day is announced so your not alone with your obsession about alcohol. As long as your happy and it does not destroy your body all the power to you. 

Some folks living here grew up in societies where addiction to alcohol is the norm and that their whole social fabric growing up was woven around with generations sitting in bars. Same phonies want the death penalty for those caught addicted to yaba..

4 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Some folks living here grew up in societies where addiction to alcohol is the norm and that their whole social fabric growing up was woven around with generations sitting in bars. Same phonies want the death penalty for those caught addicted to yaba..

Just imagine the reactions if cannabis users started to discuss the type of strains they like on the forum. The would be classed as junkies and laughed away. Alcohol is more damaging but more accepted too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I come from an era where very few folk even had a TV, most houses were in walking distance of a pub, the pub for centuries was the entertainment, a beer, a smoke and a chat....

I remember our first television - 405 lines it was, had a radio tuner as well.

6 minutes ago, faraday said:

I remember our first television - 405 lines it was, had a radio tuner as well.

405 lines? radio tuner?  Luxury, excess. You were lucky.

Our first TV was a Bush 12" bought for the Coronation in 1952. My family had to gather round it to see the picture.  But we always had a crate of quarts of beer at hand with porcelain stoppers on wire springs.

Ay. Them were the days. 

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Haha 1

Just now, robblok said:

Just imagine the reactions if cannabis users started to discuss the type of strains they like on the forum. The would be classed as junkies and laughed away. Alcohol is more damaging but more accepted too. 

Pure double standard bs, and very common among alcohol addicts. There's also been cases where breweries/distillers backing political parties who have strong anti drug lobbies, to avoid any future competition lol. Thank goodness with the education available, smart young people today are avoiding a lot of the pitfalls of generational addiction.