100 baht

bedbugy

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well the ignorant will blame brexit but if so why isn't the euro currency with a small 'e' worth more than the £.

When the EUR came into existence it was at 1.42 to the GBP. Now it’s around 1.10 so which is the stronger currency? Don’t confuse “the ignorant “ with those who believe the lies. Brexit will surely harm both sides but for the UK it’s an economic disaster.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

The OP is right, check your daily rates here: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=THB. Works with all currencies and is being updated every 10 minutes.

The only daily rate that really concerns me is the one I get daily from TravelWise and gives me a better rate than any of the other banks etc. It is normally around 40 to 50 satang higher than BKK Bank or KBank.

TravelWise is a system that my pension providers pay into in the UK and when I make a transfer from TW I know in advance exactly

how much I am sending,

the cost of the transfer,

the forex rate (which is guaranteed for the timing of the transfer),

the amount I will receive,

and the day that the funds will arrive (usually between 2 and 2:15 pm.

Can I use xe.com to do that? I don't think so.

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The only daily rate that really concerns me is the one I get daily from TravelWise and gives me a better rate than any of the other banks etc. It is normally around 40 to 50 satang higher than BKK Bank or KBank.

TravelWise is a system that my pension providers pay into in the UK and when I make a transfer from TW I know in advance exactly

how much I am sending,

the cost of the transfer,

the forex rate (which is guaranteed for the timing of the transfer),

the amount I will receive,

and the day that the funds will arrive (usually between 2 and 2:15 pm.

Can I use xe.com to do that? I don't think so.

For Thailand this is the most accurate exchange indicator , no transfer organization  , all Thai banks or Exchangers (by choice menu …)

You can see what amount is arriving Thailand or from Thailand in a currancy

https://daytodaydata.net/

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

For Thailand this is the most accurate exchange indicator , no transfer organization  , all Thai banks or Exchangers (by choice menu …)

You can see what amount is arriving Thailand or from Thailand in a currancy

https://daytodaydata.net/

But can you open an account with them and transfer funds? If you cannot, then it is a waste of space.

By the way TW offers a better exchange rate than XE.com and is usable to anybody who has an account with them.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

But can you open an account with them and transfer funds? If you cannot, then it is a waste of space.

By the way TW offers a better exchange rate than XE.com and is usable to anybody who has an account with them.

No informative only , but can see the day by day bank and exchange rates , so you can see if  the transfer org. is cheating or rewarding you …... 

I prefer original banks , as they at least can give a certainty , even when you send from a certain amount those cheap exchangers become more expensive comparing official. banks , good for peanut money senders ...

I like result and security  over cheapo's

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 6:53 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Don't exaggerate :biggrin:

Three pounds are a whopping 111 Baht.

Euro owners are in the happy situation of easy conversion.

33.3 today. 3 Euro = 100 Baht.

I started with 100 Baht = 2 Euro.

Then for long 100 Baht ~ 2.50 Euro.

????

Well 

In 2009 it was 1 euro 50 thb

And also not needed much money to live.

Good food and living was not so expensived the smile was a smile and the average people have not western look and additude

2019 the 1 euro is about 32/33thb

Need a lot of money for the same things as in 2009. The food is going to average and the money needed is a lot more for the same.

The average people have western imitation look, become big and do have a more western additute in many areas. The real smile now a days is hard to find in many areas.

And the way thai do now are in price nearly the same as in the west or even more expensive than in the west. 

Around 2018 we reached a point for our business that when compare the production costs that we can produce the same products we make in the west with a more constant quality in the west.

Robots and manual labour is also a balance the Thai have to keep in mind too.

Edited by Autonuaq
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, david555 said:

No informative only , but can see the day by day bank and exchange rates , so you can see if  the transfer org. is cheating or rewarding you …... 

I prefer original banks , as they at least can give a certainty , even when you send from a certain amount those cheap exchangers become more expensive comparing official. banks , good for peanut money senders ...

I like result and security  over cheapo's

Up to you but I have been using TW since December with no problems at all.

I used to get my pensions sent to my KBank account. All I knew was the amount sent and the day it was issued. It used to be sent from the provider to Citi Bank in the UK and from that point onwards I had no idea of the routing or the timing but it used to take about 5 days and I got the KBank exchange rate (which I now realise was 50 satang or more) less than the TW rate.

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Up to you but I have been using TW since December with no problems at all.

I used to get my pensions sent to my KBank account. All I knew was the amount sent and the day it was issued. It used to be sent from the provider to Citi Bank in the UK and from that point onwards I had no idea of the routing or the timing but it used to take about 5 days and I got the KBank exchange rate (which I now realise was 50 satang or more) less than the TW rate.

I don't see it would create problem , but I can not see them as a bank , I calculated that about 6 month's ago and around 6000 euro sending the banks become cheaper , example my E.U. bank takes always 15 euro + 0.30 % low or high amount , even on a high amount the % drops to 0.15% , so just calculate a big sum with those TW and you shall see they are aiming too moderate sending's in mass , while a bank does not wish to bother .

But they are a help for limited amounts I agree , my E.U. bank even use another big bank (ING) to send it .That ING  is specialized in transfers as I know once my bank forgot my transfer , and after complaining , I checked 30 min later it was on Kasikorn , proving they CAN send it  immediate.... 

But I must say I don't transfer almost 4 years anymore, (unless twice a smaller amount)  with those lousy exchange rates , as I brought 10 years ago the needed for a condo , but changed my mind last 5 years because Thai  gov. strange behaviors , so I use my Thai baht from 47.75 / Euro from that time , so all by all I feel lucky I did that in 2009, no exchange headache for now...

When I send before is day 1 give in online , day 2 the bank do manual , day 3 morning arrives Kasikorn by 11 clock.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

I don't see it would create problem , but I can not see them as a bank , I calculated that about 6 month's ago and around 6000 euro sending the banks become cheaper , example my E.U. bank takes always 15 euro + 0.30 % low or high amount , even on a high amount the % drops to 0.15% , so just calculate a big sum with those TW and you shall see they are aiming too moderate sending's in mass , while a bank does not wish to bother .

But they are a help for limited amounts I agree , my E.U. bank even use another big bank (ING) to send it .That ING  is specialized in transfers as I know once my bank forgot my transfer , and after complaining , I checked 30 min later it was on Kasikorn , proving they CAN send it  immediate.... 

But I must say I don't transfer almost 4 years anymore, (unless twice a smaller amount)  with those lousy exchange rates , as I brought 10 years ago the needed for a condo , but changed my mind last 5 years because Thai  gov. strange behaviors , so I use my Thai baht from 47.75 / Euro from that time , so all by all I feel lucky I did that in 2009, no exchange headache for now...

When I send before is day 1 give in online , day 2 the bank do manual , day 3 morning arrives Kasikorn by 11 clock.

Normally I get an sms from TW around 2 pm telling me that my pension has arrived and I do that transfer to BKK Bank around 5 pm. Next day unless I get a pension on Friday I get an sms from BKK Bank about 2 pm telling me that they have my money and, again around 5 pm I go online and transfer most of it to my KBank joint account. Because my state pension is paid on a Friday I don't get it until the Monday unless of course it is Songkran or a bank/public holiday when it arrives on the next Thai bank working day.

I did my retirement planning back in 2002 when I was still working at about 69 thb. I still had 7 working years (4 were OK and 3 were not so good) and with 2 pensions and salary I was doing well.

Of course I didn't know then that in 2004 there would be 3 of us, nor did I know about the world financial crash of 2008, nor did I know about Brexit either. All 3 of then dented my income (our son aged 15 still uses the bank of Dad and Dad's taxi service but I wouldn't swap him for more money).

The problem with doing forward financial planning is, at least at my level is guess work and hope.

Having said that, most financial experts were also caught out in 2008 and 2016, so I don't have a lot of faith in them at all. The most accurate they can be is probably 2 to 3 weeks ahead and any thing past a month is if, but, maybe, possibly or it could happen that .........

Living up here in rural Khampaeng Phet is a lot easier than living in BKK, CM, Pattaya, Phuket etc as we have no debt, no rent etc, clean air most of the time and no real floods or droughts and a lot cheaper than any tourist place.

For me at 75 life is good and I have lost 10 kg in a year so belt tightening is not so bad. I do have a couple of mates who are suffering, one is an Aussie who is 84 and suffering a lot with the forex rate. The other is a Brit who went back to the UK and is in a similar position.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1

everybody  life is different, as for me I have no anchors ...that have advantages and also disadvantages...,  I am anyway planning to return for 50+ % back to home country in Europe in 3years 1/2, by my calculation is than the condo baht honey pot bottom .., and should I have to start again to transfer those years untouched €'s , so by that time I shall see.... , the plan was before 50 % chance buying condo …., now I  give it a very narrow 5% in case from "golden not to refuse opportunity " , but roader not .

As by then the reason and age would be contradicting each other more  lol...

On a certain age we must be prepared for the possible , and for me there is no" handler ".....to arrange the aftermath  , while in our western country' all is officially arranged , mean time we should not breaking our head for it and just take live as it comes .

Cheers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

When the EUR came into existence it was at 1.42 to the GBP. Now it’s around 1.10 so which is the stronger currency? Don’t confuse “the ignorant “ with those who believe the lies. Brexit will surely harm both sides but for the UK it’s an economic disaster.

The £ still higher than euro so what do you not understand.

9 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

Half of the drop is certainly due to Brexit!  Dropped 15% as soon as the referendum results were issued. The balance I agree is due to the currently strong Baht.

Brexit mess 3 years and £ still higher than euro so please somebody or super guru on here tell me why that is.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The £ still higher than euro so what do you not understand.

I don’t  understand your logic. How on earth do you get to that conclusion? The £ has fallen 20% against the €. You don’t need to be a genius ....luckily.

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 1:38 PM, ThePioneer said:

Cool down, just wait a few months longer.

I remember the pound being almost 2 Euros, not too long ago, now it is about 1.10.

The pound has never been almost 2 Euro. When the Euro was launched in 1999 the rate was GBP 1 = Euro 1.72 and the pound has never been close to that rate since.

2 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

The pound has never been almost 2 Euro. When the Euro was launched in 1999 the rate was GBP 1 = Euro 1.72 and the pound has never been close to that rate since.

In fact it was as I said previously, €1.42

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/launch-of-the-euro-exchange-rates-sterling-and-dollar-slip-at-the-start-1044364.html

• 3 weeks later...