New Bank Regulations as of 26 August

On 9/6/2019 at 10:02 AM, BestB said:

Can not withdraw 100000 or more with ATM. 

You can, ATM withdrawals depend on the bank, KTB is B150k, Kasikorn is B200k, Bangkok Bank is B200k (or B500k if the limit is increased at a branch).

Bangkok Bank doesn't require a passport to deposit, it doesn't even require the passbook.

23 hours ago, Russell17au said:

By using restricted types of ID with the bank deposits and withdrawals it is easy for the governments to track money movement to fight against money laundering which has hit the news here recently. Money being moved around in small amounts is nothing but when large amounts of money is being moved around into and out of bank accounts then this is a way of tracking that money. As the OP said that he saw the signs in the bank and this is now the new requirement to deposit and withdraw money over the counter inside the bank and this law comes into affect from the 29th August. So now if you want to do over the counter transactions be prepared to produce what ID they want you to show.

"As the OP said that he saw the signs in the bank and this is now the new requirement to deposit and withdraw money over the counter inside the bank and this law comes into affect from the 29th August".

It apparently does not apply for all banks, BBL have just told me, 15 minutes ago, that they have no requirement for a passport to make a deposit, a passbook is not even necessary.

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"As the OP said that he saw the signs in the bank and this is now the new requirement to deposit and withdraw money over the counter inside the bank and this law comes into affect from the 29th August".

It apparently does not apply for all banks, BBL have just told me, 15 minutes ago, that they have no requirement for a passport to make a deposit, a passbook is not even necessary.

In the photo of the bank poster, that doesn't mention ID to make a deposit (ฝาก)

• Like 1

Just now, bluesofa said:

In the photo of the bank poster, that doesn't mention ID to make a deposit (ฝาก)

But to pay the bill????

PS. Signs at TMB were not like the one posted , but computer printed A4 

PPS. If I am not mistaken TMB is government owned bank , maybe stricter regulations enforcement 

15 hours ago, BestB said:

Well i was able to use my DL for 20 years but yesterday was told otherwise. Signs already been posted on this thread, so what exactly are you trying to debate or prove?

And no your wife can not withdraw 500 000 per day through an ATM, NO bank has ATM limits set at 500 000 per day

"And no your wife can not withdraw 500 000 per day through an ATM, NO bank has ATM limits set at 500 000 per day".

Except Bangkok Bank which does have a maximum ATM limit of B500k if you request it in a branch!

Edited by Just Weird

23 hours ago, BestB said:

That is why it’s so frustrating . I use the same branch, last week no problems to use thai DL, yesterday no, only passport , new regulations. 

Today going back with passport,

Some find change threatening ... or at least something new to whine about.

image.jpeg.5769dd7a2ef054140c04606f027dba24.jpeg

3 hours ago, losworld said:

what's next id checks on baht buses?

What's wrong about the new requirement if someone walks in to a bank and want to withdraw let's say 100k or more just handing over the bankbook? Try to do that in any bank in any western country. 

• Like 1

Walken into a TMB Bank yesterday and made a deposit to my wife's account-  no passbook needed and no ID asked for.   However, when I deposit 100,000 Baht cash at one time- a manager has to sign off on the deposit.  This is standard at all Thai banks now.  It is an automateic thing if you are a regular customer- the  teller hands the deposit slip to the manager who puts their initials on the slip.

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Some find change threatening ... or at least something new to whine about.

image.jpeg.5769dd7a2ef054140c04606f027dba24.jpeg

I wonder in all your posts,have you ever contributed anything but trolling?

Edited by BestB

I wonder in all your posts,have you ever contributed anything but trolling?

He has posted 4 times more than you and been a member 7 years longer so I’d suggest there ‘may’ be instances that are outside your personal experience.
Lighten up and only read what interest you, I’d respectfully suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

He has posted 4 times more than you and been a member 7 years longer so I’d suggest there ‘may’ be instances that are outside your personal experience.
Lighten up and only read what interest you, I’d respectfully suggest.

So be kind and link to one post of his which added any value . Only 1 

5 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Don’t care and not interested. I have better things to do than stalk people here.

And yet you had the time to make previous comments , ironic is not it????

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 1:59 PM, DILLIGAD said:

So that’s another transaction, a pink ID card cannot be used for.

Why a Pink ID should not be allowed, when the account was opened with it?

The passport would be of no help to verify as the system don't know the passport nor would the names match.

Bills can be paid from a bank account, hence the logic is...money coming out of an account, (withdraw, transfer, pay bills) you have to show ID. Or money going out of the bank?

Money going into an account you don't need to show ID.

ATMs allow cardless cash deposits (no ATM card, just account number) to anyones account, so unless they remove that feature they can't enforce requiring ID to deposit.

Edited by YT3k72Em

10 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:

Bills can be paid from a bank account, hence the logic is...money coming out of an account, (withdraw, transfer, pay bills) you have to show ID. Or money going out of the bank?

Money going into an account you don't need to show ID.

ATMs allow cardless cash deposits (no ATM card, just account number) to anyones account, so unless they remove that feature they can't enforce requiring ID to deposit.

You have to log in to your bank account first to initiate the cardless cash withdrawal. So, now you have identified yourself. And you have to log in to your account on your mobile phone to be able to read the QR code on the ATM-machine. You have now logged in twice. Every ATM-card with a smart chip requires a 6 digit pin-code. These steps makes the cardless withdrawals secure. 

43 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You have to log in to your bank account first to initiate the cardless cash withdrawal. So, now you have identified yourself. And you have to log in to your account on your mobile phone to be able to read the QR code on the ATM-machine. You have now logged in twice. Every ATM-card with a smart chip requires a 6 digit pin-code. These steps makes the cardless withdrawals secure. 

For withdrawal yes. But not for deposits.