I survived! Update 9 months later.

redbull707

I'm back! I posted last year in December, I think, about how a private school screwed me over. I busted my ass for them, teaching 14 different classes, and volunteering to spend my weekends at school getting work for them done quickly too. What can I say, I'm American. We get <deleted> done.

Long story short, after I fulfilled all of my tasks that we agreed upon for me to collect my last paycheck, they wanted additional work done. I said "No, we had an agreement and I recorded our verbal agreement too." I went to the police (city and tourist) who ended up siding with the school despite my evidence of a verbal agreement. Yes, I'll get it down on paper next time. Lesson learned ???? Meanwhile, I had 1,000THB to my name and the school owed me two months of pay.

Most of you said I was <deleted>. Other Thai visa expats and couch potatoes blamed me. It's easy to wag the finger of judgement from the end of a computer connection ???? 

Well, I remained hopeful as most American's do and everything changed when I lost my wallet. Yeah, my wallet fell out of my messenger bag while I was weaving my bicycle left and right around pedestrian traffic on Chinese New Years.

I thought, could my life get any worse?? No job, no money, no enforcement of the law and now I lost my wallet. I was struggling to be positive. I was actually grateful that all of these life challenges happened in one perfect storm.

Well, I got a call a few days later. Apparently, a Thai lawyer picked up my wallet and she say my name card inside. TIP!! PUT A BUSINESS CARD IN YOUR WALLET! IT WORKED FOR ME AND IT COULD WORK FOR YOU TOO.

This lawyer was super sweet and I told her my story. She helped me talk to the director of the school. After negotiating with the school, they agreed to pay me half of what they owned me. It was better than nothing! And get this! The only reason why they paid me is because the laywer knew the business friends of the school director and the director didn't want them knowing about his bad business practices. 

Well, life kinda worked out better. Maybe this Buddha karma stuff is real because the school is in bankruptcy and most of their classes have less than 5 students. Word around town is that the directors daughter and her husband are getting divorced and so that means their school ( a different one) is being sold.

I really do wish this family the best, but I think it's a good example of how the universe words - cause and effect. If you do bad <deleted>, bad <deleted> will happen to you. If you do good <deleted> and stay hopeful and positive, then good stuff will happen to you. 

What do you think?

• Like 1