Doing business In Thailand an absolute nightmare

1 minute ago, The Man Who Sold the World said:

understand your frustration. In my experience there is such an inherent distrust of foreigners that the Thais will only deal with other Thais. And, only then the status stuff enters so the family elders deal with other family elders. Yes, it makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever, yet, this is the way their country runs. 

Why you always need a "Thai" partner to get things done. When I had partnered with a Thai company, they, did all the interacting with other companies "Thai" agents. Never tried to understand it - just accepted it.

Whatever will be will be, but, yes, mindboggling.

Good luck.

Tried, same result. Got my Thai staff to do all the talking, some did not  know i existed , same result

• Like 2

I came from the Middle East to Thailand dealing with businesses  was infinitely easier there that was 20 years ago its not got any easier

I wanted about 5 miles of red colored red pipe same as blue water pipe for a trail  order for Sweden a few years ago

Would they think about  changing the colour .......  NO!!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BestB said:

I can totally understand not wanting to change production or make something new for a small or one of order, but when we are talking into millions and monthly supply, you would think it would be smart practice to talk or may be even try to lock you into a contract or charge production changing costs. but instead its just a no and full stop

yes it was to be an ongoing high $ program.. and yes just NO and yes it went to Vietnam

Posts removed.

Do not make public the content of s PM.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

17 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

As a result of the US - China trade-war companies are moving production to other countries. I once saw the list. First thing I noticed is that new opportunities go to Cambodia, to Vietnam, to Malaysia.  To all countries. Except for Thailand.

And this was before the TM30 failure.

Little different , here talking about buying and exporting existing products, 

1 hour ago, The Man Who Sold the World said:

understand your frustration. In my experience there is such an inherent distrust of foreigners that the Thais will only deal with other Thais. And, only then the status stuff enters so the family elders deal with other family elders. Yes, it makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever, yet, this is the way their country runs. 

Why you always need a "Thai" partner to get things done. When I had partnered with a Thai company, they, did all the interacting with other companies "Thai" agents. Never tried to understand it - just accepted it.

Whatever will be will be, but, yes, mindboggling.

Good luck.

Absolute nonsense, do loads of business with big Thai companies.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

12 Million Baht per month revenue, and after 40 years being the biggest they haven't found a Thai supplier yet, but decide on that when the exchange rate AUS > THB probably is the worst in 40 years?

Suppliers always change , product quality changes , its a never ending game of chasing products at the right prices. 

And yes AUD is at its lowest to THB but all deals are in USD

• Haha 1