Using an old bill/QR code to pay new balance???

So leaving town for three weeks before I get my internet bill for October.  I return on 10-10, and it will be turned off, which is a pain in the <deleted>..got better things to do after 30 hours on the road..like go to immigration for TM30. So what will happen if I bring an old bill with me, that has already been paid, and rescan and make payment with the old QR code?  Any clues?  My company MSS is ok, but there are no online accounts..just bills and payments.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by moontang

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

I also have this problem. 3BB send a different invoice number each month for the same account number, so cannot set up Bangkok Bank to pay monthly.

You should be able to do it if they work with banks - I have my True internet paid automatically by Bangkok Bank - one number stays the same and second number changes for True.  Also pay two others via internet banking.

Just now, lopburi3 said:

You should be able to do it if they work with banks - I have my True internet paid automatically by Bangkok Bank - one number stays the same and second number changes for True.  Also pay two others via internet banking.

If the invoice number is different, you cannot set it up. How did you do it please?

I just heard from MSS via LINE.  They told me to use an old bill...I have to line them a copy of proof of payment anyways..(yeah, that is BS, but they wrongly cut me off a few months ago)..In some muddy water, for sure.  Used to be similar issues with PEA....had to plan vacation around pea bill.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I also have this problem. 3BB send a different invoice number each month for the same account number, so cannot set up Bangkok Bank to pay monthly.

You can get forms at 3bb to let them deduct it automatically from your account. That is how I have it set up.

6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

If the invoice number is different, you cannot set it up. How did you do it please?

As recall wife had to fill out paperwork at bank branch to set up (did it years ago) as bill in her name and payment from joint account.  True uses a customer number that does not change and an invoice number that does and there is a code for the service (you use all 3 when paying via bank online).  

Really depends on how it is set up. For some barcodes, they only contain the customer/reference number and you need to type in the amount yourself. For such case you could reuse the same code. Several of my banks do that for credit card bill payments.

But if code is linked with invoice/statement number, then it would change every month and as such it would not be much of help to use old code.

I've been in your situation before and walked into telecom shop and prepaid the amount. The following invoice came and stated what I have already paid (which was over the amount) and how much credit I had for the month after. Next bill simply showed amount minus credit left and what was left to pay.

Now might be too late to ask for it to be auto-debited as it can take 1-2 months to set up. Usually next billing cycle you still have to pay the bill and it's only 2nd bill that is auto debited. At least it happened to me every time so far.

19 minutes ago, moontang said:

Used to be similar issues with PEA....had to plan vacation around pea bill.

me too.

but i have AIS and they made me a Serenade Emerald member because I am so handsome.

anyway they sent me a text saying now you can pay your utilities with AIS so I entered my PEA number as a test and sure enough it said you have a zero balance. so i am waiting until the next bill to test this out. FYI for everybody.

Pre-paying is trickier than it should be.  MSS is small, office in the boonies, but I didnt have to pay the 2400 to the building for a new line, like i would have with true, and AIS said cannot, full.  I get a pretty decent cable tv included in the 599 per month with 100/50 internet.

I pay MEA with their APP, using a US CC...but the card wont work, unless you wait until a day after the billing. also FYI.  PEA autodebit was the way to go.  There must be a reason why you cant go in there and hand them 5K and call it advance credit....but that is often how it is here...

Edited by moontang