Do you like Thai people?

Yinn

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

You said Europe.

now you say north and west Europe.

so south and east Europe not in Europe? 

Anyway, what this wonderful country you talk about? 

This photo from England.

Ok Yinn, i'm tired of this stupid discussion....you win okay! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yes she got tunnel vision, I guess she would be better of on a Thai website

Right tunnel vision and cherry picking . And on those Thai websites I would like to get a straight answer on what Thais say/think about foreigners. Not that I care, just curious. 

Edited by morrobay
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, fruitman said:

Yinn what do hooligan nazi supporters from Bulgaria have to do with scamming tourists?? You have no idea what you're talking about...Also there is a big difference between the rich and poor part of Europe, West and North are the rich part....

But in every European country the police is helping all tourists just like anybody else. Not like the Thai police and in Europe the police treats the tourists the same as the locals....not like thailand where they only give huge fines to tourists and do nothing against locals.

Yes in the big cities there are criminals around, pickpockets (from East europe) so always be carefull...but the locals won't cheat you, never or you can go to the police and get free help.

And don't blame the scams in Phuket on the Burmese, that's so typical Thai, westerners hate it when the Thai blame somebody else while they know very well that it isn't true.

Also in Europe there is no double pricing, no shop will ever do that....and for sure there is no higher price for tourists because that would ruin our very good reputation.

And in Europe ALL people follow the traffic laws, the police is very strict in that and can give very high fines. You can be very safe on the streets, totally not like thailand.

But if you think you know it better than me, that's fine. mai ben rai.

Just to show you an example from where I live, please read

Unlike many other great gardens of the world, Kings Park and Botanic Garden is open at all times and is free to visit. At 400.6 ha, it is of the biggest city parks in the world (larger than New York's Central Park at 315 ha and London's Hyde Park at 121 ha).

k4.jpg

k2.jpg

k1.jpg

Edited by White Christmas13

5 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Unlike many other great gardens of the world, Kings Park and Botanic Garden is open at all times and is free to visit. At 400.6 ha, it is of the biggest city parks in the world (larger than New York's Central Park at 315 ha and London's Hyde Park at 121 ha).

k4.jpg

k2.jpg

k1.jpg

Yes, nice...but what does it have to do with the scammers in Phuket which make foreigners hate thai?

5 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

you were talking about double pricing

Yes...well you guys could charge thai and other asians a lot of money only to be there....they do the same to us. Just call it a national park and start selling tickets haha.

We also live quite nice here in BKK but i'm not going to post pics...it's all private where we live with a huge wall around it....

5 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

A house fire is a tragedy even with insurance. My neighbor had insurance but not enough to replace everything he lost. The support he received wasn't just financial by having people who truly care about you and your family is really important. Luckily no one died but his son got some burns, but they don't look too bad. 

The fire was last week, but today my wife stopped by with a large bag of fruit to share. There were about 20-30 people there offering help and comfort.

BTW the newspaper reported the house was worth 7M Baht. It was a beautiful northern Thai designed home. Our province is know for beautiful teak wood homes and furniture.

When i was 16 i also got my mums kitchen on fire while she was on holiday....but i stopped it myself!

Anyway, i know it's terrible and any help will be great...i would also offer help if i had nice neighbours but the ones we have here are so selfish that i couldn't be bothered. It's different in the big city i guess.. Yes a fruit basket i would give but if i liked the people i would help much more...

The problem is electricity i guess which is always installed very dangerous...i just had a discussion here with the sometimewoodworker farang who thought it was fine to have a made in thailand gas oven in house....the thing looked like a steampunk oven with even a spare gasvalve on the front so any kid could open the gasvalve and it would spout in the room...he thought it was okay and that wouldn't happen....oh well.....

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:24 AM, Yinn said:

Thailand have fault, ok. Sure.

But why really hate us? Not just complain. Hate. Really.

You start hating after you had bad experiences. Such can be like watching a group of Thai man beating down an old drunk farang in Pattayas walking street who just did a jok. When you see how much hate and aggression they have towards a poor old drunk farang, what the hell do you expect ???

11 minutes ago, P100 said:

You start hating after you had bad experiences. Such can be like watching a group of Thai man beating down an old drunk farang in Pattayas walking street who just did a jok. When you see how much hate and aggression they have towards a poor old drunk farang, what the hell do you expect ???

It only some Thai man. Not everyone. 99.96% Thai people NEVER fight a foreigner. 

That bad experience. But not happen to you. And alcohol cause problems.

but you come to/live in Thailand. Must have some good experience right?

Edited by Yinn

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

It only some Thai man. Not everyone. 99.96% Thai people NEVER fight a foreigner. 

That bad experience. But not happen to you. And alcohol cause problems.

but you come to/live in Thailand. Must have some good experience right?

There are loads of video's on the web about thai fighting a foreigner 10 to 1.....i'm not going to post them though. Members of this forum have all seen them.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

The cause was most likely electrical. Based on my Thai electricians recommendation we had our entire home rewired earlier this year. It cost about $1000 US but everything was done right. Thook he and his wife a full week to do. 

BTW my sister and brother in law in the US had a house fire caused by electrical faults so it's not just Thailand.

We have a brand new home (8 years old already now)...we extended the kitchen and let the electrician from the very big developer connect the wiring.....extra fusebox and so....3 months later the old fusebox was on fire at night, the cable he made from that to the kitchen burned out together with the breaker.....i bet the screws were not tightened and that started sparking...i was abroad then...we let him use the best materials available...price was sure not an issue...anyway it works fine now for many years with all the high power equipment in it...

Edited by fruitman

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

I thought you say you very popular with Thai people. 

Before you say...

I've been to the homes of more wealthy Thais than I can recall. Tens maybe even thousands. 

marriage to a highly educated Thai woman from a very prestigious family as well as my image and how I carry myself, I am SUPPOSED to be offered immense respect from the VAST MAJORITY of Thais. 

I'm connected into the heart of the society here. It's impossible to convince you without evidence, but if I post pics of a recent event that was attended by [ exceptionally important people in Thai society] I would get myself and my wife into serious trouble. 

So, thousands rich thai people invite you go the house and party. But they hate foreigner? Is possible Fex?

also so you say before 

I am wealthy, have a young, attractive wife

I've been married to my Thai wife for decades.

If she young, how you marry for decades?

Difficult to believe you. Amazing guy.

Thais like me. 

I don't like them. 

Understand? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fruitman said:

There are loads of video's on the web about thai fighting a foreigner 10 to 1.....i'm not going to post them though. Members of this forum have all seen them.

But have you actually seen them yourself?

I have had many great experiences with Thai men. Today my wife was driving in traffic. I was in the passenger seat smoking a cigarette witrh the window wound down. A middle aged Thai guy saluted me from the pavement so I shouted, "Sawasdee krap" to him. He immediately ran up and  high fived me and we both beamed from ear to ear. Just a nice moment of interaction between 2 strangers, one farang one Thai. I can't imagine it happening in my own country.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

k4.jpg

k2.jpg

k1.jpg

Wow. Beautiful place. Perth, West Australia province. Thankyou for that.

Aboriginal resistance was led in the early 1830s by people like Yagan and Calyute. The whites tried to break their war by imprisoning them on Rottnest Island or sending them to remote missions like Moore River and Carrolup.
Yagan has the status of a warrior patriot and an Australian folk hero among many Indigenous people.

And some more photos west Australia for you....

C3D7750E-DDB1-445F-BC5C-EE9E712B0E3A.jpeg

7CC83D8B-6C95-4479-936D-F1C25C43A94F.jpeg

64DC4306-6C9E-424F-9A9D-6C8AB379AECF.jpeg

102FAA6E-42B4-495B-9CC7-D09EB28500FA.jpeg

Again Fex change the story.....

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Exactly. 

The evidence that average Thais seem to dislike foreigners is overwhelming. 

10 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Thais like me. 

I don't like them. 

Understand? 

Or you think Thai love Fex the special foreigner, but hate all the other foreigner? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

yes on samui, there was traffic jam late at night at the road in front of the green mango...that night there was a thaiboxing match on the island and those guys were all in pickups...during the traffic jam a farang horned shortly against the traffic and suddenly 5 thai young men jumped of the pickup and totally smashed the car of that farang..his thai wife run away holding a baby in her arms....hundreds of tourists were watching it but nobody stopped them....they even broke the whole door of that new white car....

only because he had horned shortly.......totally crazy!

But now i rarely go to thai touristic places because i like singapore/bali/japan/europe much more....

33 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Aboriginal resistance was led in the early 1830s by people like Yagan and Calyute. The whites tried to break their war by imprisoning them on Rottnest Island or sending them to remote missions like Moore River and Carrolup.
Yagan has the status of a warrior patriot and an Australian folk hero among many Indigenous people.

Yes looks like Thailand

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Yes that's how australia looks...i've been all around Oz and yup i can confirm it all looks like this...lohh linn...

8 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yes looks like Thailand

Look like pattaya, not Ranong.

And thailand not colonize by England. I reading about this one now. Thankyou.

C6C9DD2C-EA28-4102-A162-28FA0B18A9BE.jpeg

79F8F0CA-592C-484F-8510-124A435C98E8.jpeg

8279A65A-7D4C-4688-9E6D-A67B0AF4D568.jpeg

Edited by Yinn

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Look like pattaya, not Ranong.

And thailand not colonize by England. I reading about this one now. Thankyou.

you like to learn more?

Australia is about 32 times bigger than United Kingdom.

United Kingdom is approximately 243,610 sq km, while Australia is approximately 7,741,220 sq km.

50 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I have had many great experiences with Thai men. Today my wife was driving in traffic. I was in the passenger seat smoking a cigarette witrh the window wound down. A middle aged Thai guy saluted me from the pavement so I shouted, "Sawasdee krap" to him. He immediately ran up and  high fived me and we both beamed from ear to ear. Just a nice moment of interaction between 2 strangers, one farang one Thai. I can't imagine it happening in my own country.

can I have some of what you having?

• Like 1