Do you like Thai people?

Yinn

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Absolute rubbish. Real guests don't get treated the way the Thai government treats us, ie, if someone was a guest in your house, would you tell them they must report to you every so often? Come on now.

Possum  I realise that sometimes it is difficult to follow a whole string of an exchange and answer to the last exchange thus taking that post out of context . 

Usually (but not always) before I reply I click the litle twisted arrow at the right of the post that is being quoted. This takes you a step back thus you can see what this people are talking about. 

If you were to do the above you would see that the post below initiated the exchange you are reacting to.

image.png.0c4bc81afd505db9f6a8630433051f1f.png

as you can see I post that people in every country complain about their country (I am sure you do also) but when your guests complain about your country and you are proud about your country(as Thais are), you might feel a litle offended. 

Basically ,I only claim that  even though a host might complain about the condition of his house, it is in bad taste for guest to do it in front of him.?

I am not making any value judgments about conditions in Thailand  in this reply.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Possum  I realise that sometimes it is difficult to follow a whole string of an exchange and answer to the last exchange thus taking that post out of context . 

Usually (but not always) before I reply I click the litle twisted arrow at the right of the post that is being quoted. This takes you a step back thus you can see what this people are talking about. 

If you were to do the above you would see that the post below initiated the exchange you are reacting to.

image.png.0c4bc81afd505db9f6a8630433051f1f.png

as you can see I post that people in every country complain about their country (I am sure you do also) but when your guests complain about your country and you are proud about your country(as Thais are), you might feel a litle offended. 

Basically ,I only claim that  even though a host might complain about the condition of his house, it is in bad taste for guest to do it in front of him.?

I am not making any value judgments about conditions in Thailand  in this reply.

I certainly do complain about my country, it is worse than Thailand, but thanks for taking the time to answer.

• Like 1

Ps.
cow pad poo = rice fried crab   “Pad”, not “fat”

"Cow pat" = the round mess that comes from the backside of cows

"Poo" yes the same stuff that comes out of the backside of cows and most other animals [emoji39] just joking a play on the translation between language's
  • Haha 1

Interesting question....

As for complaining about my homeland-then it is no..why should I do so as it nurtured me,fed me,educated me and gave me gainful employment,a good pension,excellent superannuation and healthcare?

Also it is very aesthetically beautiful.I rather like the Thai people and culture too..but that's it.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:01 AM, Yinn said:

But also have a lot of expat REALLY hate Thai people. This really shock me. I see before farang not friendly, not have happy face. But not understand why they hate us so much. Is true.
This people complain, criticize, ridicule and mock Thai people every time. Not able to think positive.
They hate “Thai male” the most.

Yinn if you come to Europe you'll see that nobody tries to cheat or scam you....in Europe everybody is the same, rich poor black white gay handicapped, all of them the same.....

Westerners get really angry if somebody tries to scam them, and the Thai all do it in the touristic area's....myself we will never go back to Phuket....my thai wife also hates it there.....but sometimes she has to go there for work....get free hotel and taxi and everything but i won't join her anymore....people there are very selfish and there's no law...

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Yinn if you come to Europe you'll see that nobody tries to cheat or scam you....in Europe everybody is the same, rich poor black white gay handicapped, all of them the same.....

Not true.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bulgaria-fans-made-nazi-salutes-monkey-chants-at-england-players-2019-10

this week in Europe. 

London 

Westerners get really angry if somebody tries to scam them, and the Thai all do it in the touristic area's...

Not ALL thai do it. But I agree. Some do it. Do it a lot.

And Phuket have a lot of Burmese etc vendor. 

.myself we will never go back to Phuket....my thai wife also hates it there.....but sometimes she has to go there for work....get free hotel and taxi and everything but i won't join her anymore....people there are very selfish and there's no law...

There some nice place in Phuket. But is expensive. 

60390AD6-540B-4D1D-B3A2-EC63BD5837A4.jpeg

3460EC95-1C40-4007-896F-20CC832E9BFB.jpeg

• Haha 1

For personal reasons that have heavily involved my family, I no longer look at the Thais with the same eyes, and definitely don't trust them anymore. 
When someone asks me if I love Thais, generally I answer, "I like Chinese people".

The country has positive and negative aspects, like all the nations of the world.

I reckon that the problem that most of us have is that when we came we weren't aware that we were moving to a third world nation with all it's drawbacks, poor education of the general public, utter corruption of the authorities, and quite often resentment against settlers coming from more privileged parts of the world.

Edited by Momofarang
  • Like 1

Gonzales: Why do they call ya "Dirty Harry"?
De Georgio: That's one thing about our Harry, he doesn't play any favorites. Harry hates everybody. Limeys, Micks, Hebs, Niggers, Honkies, Fat Daigoes, Chinks, you name it.
Gonzales: How does he feel about Mexicans?
De Georgio: Ask him.

Callahan:(says with a wink) Especially Spics.

2 hours ago, Momofarang said:

I reckon that the problem that most of us have is that when we came we weren't aware that we were moving to a third world nation with all it's drawbacks, poor education of the general public, utter corruption of the authorities, and quite often resentment against settlers coming from more privileged parts of the world.

'Weren't aware' or weren't prepared, subtle difference.

15 hours ago, Yinn said:

Not true.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bulgaria-fans-made-nazi-salutes-monkey-chants-at-england-players-2019-10

this week in Europe. 

London 

Not ALL thai do it. But I agree. Some do it. Do it a lot.

And Phuket have a lot of Burmese etc vendor. 

There some nice place in Phuket. But is expensive. 

60390AD6-540B-4D1D-B3A2-EC63BD5837A4.jpeg

3460EC95-1C40-4007-896F-20CC832E9BFB.jpeg

Yinn what do hooligan nazi supporters from Bulgaria have to do with scamming tourists?? You have no idea what you're talking about...Also there is a big difference between the rich and poor part of Europe, West and North are the rich part....

But in every European country the police is helping all tourists just like anybody else. Not like the Thai police and in Europe the police treats the tourists the same as the locals....not like thailand where they only give huge fines to tourists and do nothing against locals.

Yes in the big cities there are criminals around, pickpockets (from East europe) so always be carefull...but the locals won't cheat you, never or you can go to the police and get free help.

And don't blame the scams in Phuket on the Burmese, that's so typical Thai, westerners hate it when the Thai blame somebody else while they know very well that it isn't true.

Also in Europe there is no double pricing, no shop will ever do that....and for sure there is no higher price for tourists because that would ruin our very good reputation.

And in Europe ALL people follow the traffic laws, the police is very strict in that and can give very high fines. You can be very safe on the streets, totally not like thailand.

But if you think you know it better than me, that's fine. mai ben rai.

• Thanks 1

Yinn,

"Not All Thai do it. But I agree. Some do it. Do it a lot."

This equals:

"Not All Farang do it. But I agree. Some do it. Do it a lot."

And yes, i DO like Thai people. 

The good Thai people i like more...

Think GOOD, Talk GOOD, DO GOOD...

If someone can't find good things where he is, then he is in the wrong place...

For me ? I feel more OK and welcome here in Thailand then in some other places that i know... But it is not always easy... 

So is life; not always easy...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, johng said:

"Cow pat" = the round mess that comes from the backside of cows

"Poo" yes the same stuff that comes out of the backside of cows and most other animals emoji39.png just joking a play on the translation between language's

It has many uses!

Image result for cooking with poo

• Haha 1

Yes in the big cities there are criminals around, pickpockets (from East europe) so always be carefull...but the locals won't cheat you, never or you can go to the police and get free help.

Must be those gypsies.

And don't blame the scams in Phuket on the Burmese, that's so typical Thai, westerners hate it when the Thai blame somebody else while they know very well that it isn't true.

How dare they blame the Burmies?

Bwaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa....dude you just own goaled it! Yinn wins without even shooting!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

It has many uses!

Image result for cooking with poo

She has a cooking school down at the Khlong Toei Market. I was going to take classes but went on Tinder instead to look for a cook.

19 hours ago, fruitman said:

....in Europe everybody is the same, rich poor black white gay handicapped, all of them the same.....

You said that.

6 hours ago, fruitman said:

Yinn what do hooligan nazi supporters from Bulgaria have to do with scamming tourists?

But black not the same. They Nazi thing to the black people.

or maybe it wrong, they waving to there black friend play football??

Not all Thai people scam. Tourist place everywhere have scam. Like video I show. 

9A5F2497-2845-4DC7-8964-EB1CF932AF86.jpeg

D51D8EE0-33D8-4EF3-B145-225FFD4172BD.jpeg

Edited by Yinn

5 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

I do agree that Thais in tourist areas become corrupted and greedy but who made them that way. By nature Thais are very generous and caring people. I think it comes from being Buddhist. Regular Thai people are very easy meet and talk with and they take care of their own and community.

Correct

It used to be that way in rural America but I don't know how strong it today. 

Thai usually don't say much (they stay respectful) but do not like being talked down to. Foreigners see the quietness as a weakness and say rude things, but Thais (even if they don't speak English) know and resent it.

Correct

I live in a rural area in Northern Thailand and enjoy meeting and talking with my Thai neighbors daily. They are very honest, sharing, and always helpful. I also realize that the Thais believe that if you are better off you should help those less fortunate.

Correct. 

Recently a house in my village burned down and the outpouring of support was very impressive. Of course my wife and I gave some money, towels, clothing, and food, but no one asked us to do so, we felt that how Thai village look after each other. I say this because to live happily in Thailand one must understand their obligations and not be selfish. 

Correct.

Look at support for the Ubon flood. 800 million baht + from people everywhere in thailand.

Ps.

one thing some TVF member like to say about is “central thai hate Issan”. This is not true. Annoy me. If true, the people from everywhere in Thailand not give. We all thai people, south, north, east, west.

Yinn, I have to tell you that I don't like your avatar, but I like you as a very intelligent and pretty young lady. 

555555 Is Krasue. Famous one. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasue

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Yinn said:

You said that.

Not all Thai people scam. Tourist place everywhere have scam. Like video I show. 

So how many tourists from Bulgaria have you met in Phuket?? I have never met one outside of Europe.

The tourists you have met in Phuket are from West and North Europe because they are more rich and live in cold countries. In West and North Europe the countries are safe for tourists and there are almost no scammers like in Phuket. The taxi's have meters, the shops have fixed prices for everybody. The people all take their job seriously, not like the nightguard we had in the 5* hotel in Phuket during my honeymoon who was sleeping behind the reception all night.

The beaches have lifeguards, the police is very reliable and speak english as well...The traffic is safe, the firemen/ambulance are there in 7 minutes by law, the prices of everything are the same for tourists as for locals, all taxi's have meters.

Yes go on with your nazi pictures from the hooligans, i''m happy for you that you could find something from a corner of Europe where Bulgaria is. So now it's okay that in Phuket almost everybody is scamming right? You must be the only thai who knows what a nazi is because here in BKK i see many people wearing nazi shirts or have stickers of Hitler on their cars...you won't see that in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

You said that.

false equivalency 

13 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Sorry, but I disagree with many comments here. I have a long history in Thailand but also in US. I do agree that Thais in tourist areas become corrupted and greedy but who made them that way

Who made them that way?? What question is that?? Are you supposing that the tourist made them scammers?? What nonsense is that? And why is this not happening in Singapore for example??

Tourists who get scammed in Thailand just accept it because they don't want to have more trouble and they know the police is useless so they just claim it on their insurance or take it as it is....But it's still scamming/extortion and those tourists will tell it to all their friends back home...

And in my homecountry when a house burns down nobody is going to help...the owner should have an insurance for that and if they don't it's their own fault...

25 years ago my friend was in thailand in the bus to Samui, somebody had made them into a deep sleep and stolen everything from them....so it's not something from the last years only. Last year my cousin was in Thailand and her camera was stolen, no idea who did it.

But even the Thai government has the dual pricing, westerners pay 10 times the price to see a waterfall or natural park. Yes that makes those westerners feeling scammed....that's very illegal to do in W-Europe...if anybody does so the police will close the place within hours....

So how many tourists from Bulgaria have you met in Phuket?? I have never met one outside of Europe.

The tourists you have met in Phuket are from West and North Europe because they are more rich and live in cold countries. In West and North Europe the countries are safe for tourists and there are almost no scammers like in Phuket. The taxi's have meters, the shops have fixed prices for everybody. The people all take their job seriously, not like the nightguard we had in the 5* hotel in Phuket during my honeymoon who was sleeping behind the reception all night.

The beaches have lifeguards, the police is very reliable and speak english as well...The traffic is safe, the firemen/ambulance are there in 7 minutes by law, the prices of everything are the same for tourists as for locals, all taxi's have meters.

Yes go on with your nazi pictures from the hooligans, i''m happy for you that you could find something from a corner of Europe where Bulgaria is. So now it's okay that in Phuket almost everybody is scamming right? You must be the only thai who knows what a nazi is because here in BKK i see many people wearing nazi shirts or have stickers of Hitler on their cars...you won't see that in Europe.

You said Europe.

now you say north and west Europe.

so south and east Europe not in Europe? 

Anyway, what this wonderful country you talk about? 

This photo from England.