Do you like Thai people?

Yinn

6 minutes ago, NilSS said:

Her English is perfect, yet her Thai teachers still insist they can correct her English, even though they have the English of a five year old. This is the sort of attitude that angers me.

My daughter failed English in year 5 of Thai high school because her teacher didn't like her being better at English.

When we went in to try and get the grade changed, the 'English teacher' could only speak in Thai, no English at all.

I've got a Thai cycling pal, taught English for 30 years before retiring, can't speak one word of English.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

The average Thai can't fix the government, just like the average foreigner can't change their government policies

Thats EXACTLY how  many countries  change..........revolutions. The average  guy can and does.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

We must live in different parts of Thailand. Although my wife is a better barginner than I, no one says they charge more because I'm not Thai. Recently, I had to take a friend to the government hospital and he had an emergency surgery. The doctor knew it was private pay and volunteered that the Thai price would be charged. I understand about National Parks and such and don't have a problem because it clear and posted. Often if the ranger is manning the entrance we get waved in after I address them in Thai.

My Thai  staff recently  took me to the hospital too everything was  dealt with by them I paid double (  but  still cheap) to what locals would  have paid, at the national park nearby I go with my Wife, shes  Thai and my old staff Burmese............guess what Burma  gets  in at the Thai price if he  keeps  his  mouth shut but I dont.............maipen rai go  back after 4pm the  ole dears  gone home so its free ( caves sam roi yot)

Oh yeah I gave the hospital  a  few  thousand baht tip as I know they have money problems.

So heres  the different Thailand you dont see........must be my attitude, thats why i left em the tip to deal with my appalling attitude, gawd  dang me.

31 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:
35 minutes ago, rumak said:

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Anyway I hope you have a good day.

Been ok.

Rumak here:  Uncle NCC...... i think Yinn might have a thing for you  ????

Some guys just have a way with the ladies   555

yeah but he is all mouth

i think you mean all talk ?

Now the OP might say he is all mouth .....  ????

• Haha 1

Being at 16 pages and your numerous replies I'll answer your question at face value. I like at least one Thai person, my wife. Excuse me if I say I like her very much.

Her family? My 22 month step-grandchild is the cutest little Thai on the planet, My mother-in-law has no teeth and she's almost as cute as her great grand daughter.

My neighbors? Pee Law is absolutely grand. Yeah, I like her too. The (pejorative deleted) GENTLEMAN 3 doors down? May he rot in eternal hell. LOL. But hey, somebody must like him so we'll just put that one behind me.

In general? It's not Thai people I don't like it's actually all people "in general" 55. Seriously? People that are dicks is what I don't like. And people that like facebook...   

Like rooster says just relax.

Now the important thing? That Thai person whom I like ever so very much is cooking something smells  go-o-ood so I need to go check what's for dinner. 

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

And in case you are wondering how Farangs (white people) all feel about each other, just ask someone from the UK how they REALLY feel about Germans or the French, or Americans about Russians who have nuclear weapons pointed at the USA, (and the other way around) or people from the UK who call me a "bloody Yank" (I love that one):clap2:or class warfare like so called low class people versus people with some money and education. And lets not even get started with the Communist Chinese. It is a bottomless pit.   

Anyway I hope you have a good day.

That is generalising

I am British born, chose to live in an area that is sometimes nicknamed "The German Quarter ") naklua.

I get on fine with the Germans.

There are a few French here also, I get on with all of those that I have met, some have become good friends.

Never in my life have I called an American a bloody yank.

Never have I called an Aussie a "convict " have several Aussie friends.

Pathetic racist thread.

Edited by seasia
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Yinn. Not sure if anyone  has  asked directly  but have noticed a few doubters of your  Thai identity.

Are you  genuinely Thai?

Many say i the man, also before say I the ladyboy, Burmese, the English woman, the farang man, and the Thai hater before. And farang basher.

And some guy say rude thing, on forum and in mail. 

I ignore them. 

I normal thai woman. Some people know. 

I not hate farang.

Edited by Yinn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Name all the other ones (excluding you)

OMG!!!  What in the hell makes you think I am Thai??  Next, I can’t remember details that like over more than a decade but there have been some spouses of posters on here, some random women from time to time, a guy named Golf I believe who married some expat woman on here, and I am sure some I never read as I don’t read every post.  Okay??

• Like 2

Yinn, as Lenny said you can't go by what you read on this sort of forum.

Most of us are miserable old gits who are never happy unless we're moaning about something or someone. It's all some of us have got left to do in life.

You get grumpy old misery guts in every country in the world and us falangs are just as bad if not worse than anyone else. But few of us would be in the LOS if we were not at one time fond of the Thai people and probably still are.

It's the immigration and visa jobsworths we've little time for.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Don Chance said:

You need to go to Cambodia or Nepal or India and then compare to Thailand. I rarely have bad experiences with anyone in those countries. Thailand is about 1 in a week!

Recently i had a bottle of baby oil in a shop that slipped out of fingers, it was cheap quality knock off and i think the plastic was already cracked, it didn't drop far, it should not have splatter the way it did. I was a 304 shop of something. I told the women and thought that would be it, they would clean it up. But she freaked out and demanded i pay for it. Then she threatened to call the police (again.) I was a scam for sure. Conflicts with Thai's happen all the time.

Go to Cambodia people are friendly nice easy going etc.

Not a scam, in Thailand you break something in the store you pay!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Most of us are miserable old gits who are never happy unless we're moaning about something or someone. It's all some of us have got left to do in life.

Yinn, no one in Thailand, NO ONE, understands the frustrations of living with a Farang quite like my wife does. I'll put you in touch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MartinL said:

As you often do, you missed the context of the passage you quoted. I've highlighted it for you above. These were people that knew me and my relationship with their friend. I must say that, while the vast majority of my wife's friends are great and we get on very well, there are still the odd few who seem unable to shake off their ignorance.

Whether or not someone tries to be rude, if it's perceived as rude then that's what it is. Just as a very small number of Thais think it's rude if I neglect to wai, even though I don't mean it rudely, and they make it quite clear they don't approve.

If people know your name yet insist on calling you something else, would you not be offended? If instead of saying "Does Yinn want ... " they said "Does ... Oh, I'm too lazy to remember her name, want ... " would you be OK with that, if it was repeated on numerous occasions? If you say you would not be offended, I call BS. 

As someone who writes in support of you says above "It gets tiring to hear".

As far as the quote you posted is concerned, that was offensiveness from an entirely anonymous source, someone that you don't know, doesn't know you. An entirely different situation and far more easily ignored.

I dont think the Asian knows what you're talking about!