Indian Restaurant

I went to an Indian restaurant the other day and asked for Chicken Tikka. The waiter told me "We only serve Chicken Tarka. It's similar to Chicken Tikka, but it's a little 'otter."

Ok this is either some obscure Lancastrian reference similar to Libya115 fish and chip joke (it was a joke?) or a Tarka is a type of Otter - nope sorry don't get it. :o

I went to an Indian restaurant the other day and asked for Chicken Tikka. The waiter told me "We only serve Chicken Tarka. It's similar to Chicken Tikka, but it's a little 'otter."

Good one - refreshingly simple !!

Crow boy needs to seee more kiddies movies !??!

Ok this is either some obscure Lancastrian reference similar to Libya115 fish and chip joke (it was a joke?) or a Tarka is a type of Otter - nope sorry don't get it. :o

Got the Tarka ok, but did we ever actually get the answer to the 'fish and chip' joke? Several people said they 'got' it, not I :D

Got the Tarka ok, but did we ever actually get the answer to the 'fish and chip' joke? Several people said they 'got' it, not I :D

I sent that joke to a Lanchastrian friend of mine and HE didn't get it.

I still think it is Lybia115 having a lend of us waiting until we finally go mad trying to figure it out

Ok <touching wood just in case> what has happened to Libya115? I thought he may have popped back in after I posted my "TV Joke Convention" joke but no sign or sound from him.

Edited by Crow Boy

Tarka and Tikka sound similar; Tarka was an otter. Chicken Tarka is a little 'otter (hotter) than chicken Tikka.

Tarka and Tikka sound similar; Tarka was an otter. Chicken Tarka is a little 'otter (hotter) than chicken Tikka.

And I just KNOW that while you were typing the explanation you were thinking "How Farking stupid are these people!"

I think we (me) figured it out when the picture of Tarka the Otter was posted on the forum. So that settled, what did he taste like? I want to send UG there for a review so can we get the details of the location, cost, is wine available - is otter best served with white or red?

:D

Oh I can see Mr Hippo doing his nut around about now :o