Is There a Minimum Age to Obtain a Work Permit as a Teacher ?

A friend of mine has a four-year Bachelor's Degree in Education, which he obtained at age 21. He has been told by somebody that the minimum age to obtain a W.P. as a teacher is 23. I have already found one other person who has obtained a W.P. as a teacher at age 21. Can anyone else clarify, or offer other instances ?

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no minimum age to get a work permit other than the legal age allowed for people to work.

Not sure about the teaching license or waiver having a minimum age though.

Just checked that. Khrusapha says minimum age 20 for a Teaching Licence.

Edited by allane
x

Please also bear in mind the cultural side of things when teaching as a young person. For example, if you end up teaching in a private language school, older (and normally wealthy) students will have problems respecting someone younger than them.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 2long said:

Please also bear in mind the cultural side of things when teaching as a young person. For example, if you end up teaching in a private language school, older (and normally wealthy) students will have problems respecting someone younger than them.

That is a good point. I saw some young (handsome) but naive Fareng teachers get eaten alive by 16-18 year olds in Thai school. 

They ended up quitting and going back home. 

Edited by Hackney35

7 minutes ago, Hackney35 said:

That is a good point. I saw some young (handsome) but naive Fareng teachers get eaten alive by 16-18 year olds in Thai school. 

They ended up quitting and going back home. 

yes definitely all that sneering, backchat at falang etc...

- certainly not the teacher being outsmarted!

18 hours ago, 2long said:

That is their problem. In 1995, I taught the most famous monk in Nonthaburi, and also in the whole of Thailand. He showed me lots of respect, despite being 50 years older than me ????