Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but if humans want the species to survive they have to stop exceeding the carrying capacity of the environment.

Can't agree, white folk, and Japanese, and Thais are already breeding below survival levels.

In the 1940s white folk were over 60% of the world population, now we're down to under 20%.

You would have to implement selective forced sterilisation on ethnic Africans, Indians, Chinese.

Can't see the liberals going along with that, can you?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The obvious solution, if the climate change speculations was real.

Ban all forms of motorised private transport, and stop all recreational travel.

Probably wouldn't be popular, but what the heck, it's for the planet!

LOL. Solutions are only for other people. Doing things that affect the protestors isn't acceptable. Considering the amount of pollution created to produce one smart phone, they should be giving them up, but will they? No prizes for guessing "no".

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but if humans want the species to survive they have to stop exceeding the carrying capacity of the environment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

That experiment showed what happens to rats when they are too many.

At the moment the most overpopulated areas export their excess people to less crowded and wealthier areas,  but once that option ends, as it will, what happens then?

That's not even taking into account the lack of enough fresh water in some countries.

If humans will not limit their numbers, Gaia will do so and that will really be ugly.

Everyone should remember the Black Death of the middle ages. With diseases becoming antibiotic resistant ( through abuse of those drugs ) another Black Death is a  very real possibility, and in the crowded cities we have now it will spread like wildfire.

I hear you, and i did, since long ago, my own research about all the possible catastrophes that are looming on the horizon.

Yet, i don't worry too much, living the present moment is my priority.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If humans will not limit their numbers, Gaia will do so and that will really be ugly.

well there ya have it. Its not a joke to the enviro lefty crew, they want your guns so they can exterminate you to save the planet. Nice.

Canned Man. Ill have the dark meat, it has more protein and less fat.

Think the young lady should go back to school and learn what makes the modern world go round.

Everything that is deemed bad for the planet has been providing jobs and improving living standards. The Chinese and Indians are the latest to start improving their lives, but it ain't good for the planet, it seems.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson-brands-greta-thunberg-092700355.html

I would have liked the girls anger pointed at the horrendous use of drugs that many of the young of today can't survive without...

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Can't agree, white folk, and Japanese, and Thais are already breeding below survival levels.

You would have to implement selective forced sterilisation on ethnic Africans, Indians, Chinese.

Can't see the liberals going along with that, can you?

Which is why I say EVERYONE. Can't be selective as that really would be racist.

IMO humans stop overbreeding or multi millions die. May take a hundred years or longer, but it will happen, IMO. The wars of the 20th century killed multi millions, which reduced the population growth for a while, but it's out of control now, and more likely to be disease than war that will reduce the population.

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I hear you, and i did, since long ago, my own research about all the possible catastrophes that are looming on the horizon.

Yet, i don't worry too much, living the present moment is my priority.

I don't actually think about it till I come on TVF and read threads like this one. Then I get a bit upset that it's all being deflected by those that want everyone to ride push bikes.

Normally I'm more busy getting on with what's left of my life.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't actually think about it till I come on TVF and read threads like this one. Then I get a bit upset that it's all being deflected by those that want everyone to ride push bikes.

Normally I'm more busy getting on with what's left of my life.

Yes, but doing one thing doesn't exclude the other.

It's fair to spend some time discussing the issues of the planet and the humankind as a whole; perhaps there are feasible solutions, and being conscious of the problems is a first step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, rabas said:

No man, no need to fix the problem. Somewhere there is a happy medium.

Unfortunately for Earth, man is built the same way as any other of Earths creatures, which is "Go forth and multiply", in other words we are all programmed to get our end away as often as possible.. ????

47 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

well there ya have it. Its not a joke to the enviro lefty crew, they want your guns so they can exterminate you to save the planet. Nice.

Canned Man. Ill have the dark meat, it has more protein and less fat.

13 minutes ago, rabas said:

No man, no need to fix the problem. Somewhere there is a happy medium.

Medium rare?

5 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

How?

I understand how many corporations are benefiting from the climate change hysteria, but I don’t understand how corporations are benefiting from from “denier” research.

Any idea?

"Divide and conquer" has always been a good strategy to control the masses.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Medium rare?

Like my brain. See, I, as a deplorable, dont need to be re-educated by the comissars, or shamed by the propagandists, or brainwashed by the Eco-Barnums to make a difference. While I revel in the carbon footprint of a fat Medium rare Tomahawk, and gleefully toss plastic into a landfill, at the same time, I personally try to be environmentally consious: I eat less meat, use trains and busses instead of automobiles, reuse plastic, buy local, drive a fuel efficient car (except on Sundays or at random 3am times) and I try not to by manufactured goods, to the point that I can carry all that I own. 

So I generate less of a carbon footprint thatn the ones yelling ablout it, if that makes a difference anyway. But, by using and buying less stuff, I do my part to keep what I can see cleaner.

Wind Turbines are Ugly and Solar Farms are aesthetically boring. They hae no Steampunk value unlike a solid nuke with lots of tubes and such, which, if folks REALLY cared about climate change, would be going up all over the place.

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Unfortunately for Earth, man is built the same way as any other of Earths creatures, which is "Go forth and multiply", in other words we are all programmed to get our end away as often as possible.. ????

Humans are animals so yes, programmed to reproduce. Probably the strongest after eating, given the amount of money we spend on it.

However, we were given choice and a brain that developed means to have sex without reproducing. Pity that many ignore that choice.

"Divide and conquer" has always been a good strategy to control the masses.

If you don’t know just say you don’t know, don’t just regurgitate some mealiness throw-away line.

Who’s really trying to control the masses?

And again, you (apparently) believe corporations gain trillions from “denier” research, yet you can’t explain how or even provide an example.

Meanwhile, no shortage of corporations and researchers making long money promoting the hysteria.

I find it hilarious that the oil companies tend to get the lion’s share or green energy research funding and tax incentives. It’s windfall for them. Meanwhile, no end in sight for the world’s thirst for oil.

3 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

If you don’t know just say you don’t know, don’t just regurgitate some mealiness throw-away line.

You asked for "any idea" and i answered.

If my answer is meaningless to you, (i guess you mean to say that ) that's fair enough.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

And your so much better solution is...……............……......…..

At least I have a solution. Seems to me that all those kids protesting can do is shout and expect other people to come up with solutions. IMO, if one wants to complain, have a better way to promote.

I doubt any of them would be willing to sacrifice their own way of life if it "saved" the planet.

BTW, the planet will be fine whatever happens to humans. If we all died off tomorrow, Gaia would just start over, again. 

You choose to doubt, you really have no clue as to what they are willing to do. 

As to your claim you have a solution, you really don’t. Who gets to decide who has children or not? 

Which failed path do you wish to retread? That of the eugenics movement or China’s one child policy?

24 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Are they really solid ? I heard that things went wrong a few times :coffee1:

That said, research on renewable energies is a must.

Yeah 80s Soviet technology and bad location. So if the choice is a few accidents vs the destruction of the world? Or mass murder as the Enviro Nazis are evidently thinking about. ????

Gimme that Strontium 90

The 'answer' is right there and has been for a long long time.  Nuclear energy to generate electricity is obviously the way to go.  Just look it up in Google and you will see that many years ago it was obviously the way to go - and it still is.  But the same emotional rubbish that was used to create irrational fear in people's minds about nuclear power, is now being used to demand we build 'green' power stations that use solar and are made from elves tits.  All of that irrational rubbish needs to be shut down in mainstream society and pushed back to where it belongs - amongst the fring dwellers of society - the ones that demand we all live in trees/caves and die of appendicitis or tooth decay.  Funny isn't it - the same nutters who are so 'rational' and 'scientific' about Religion and God, are completely irrational and unscientific about nuclear power.  Nuclear generation of electricity using Thorium is an alternative to uranium, and the technology to  use Thorium has been around since the 1960s (but it doesnt make nuclear bombs).  Nuclear Fission is the solution to the world's electricity needs now and Nuclear Fusion is the future.  

Archived