Trump accepts Prayut’s invitation to visit Thailand

webfact

Trump accepts Prayut’s invitation to visit Thailand

By The Nation

800_27014f547728670.jpg?v=1569470239

US President Donald Trump has said he would visit Thailand along with the First Lady, after hosting a party in New York that included Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and his wife on September 24.

Prayut, who is in New York for United Nations meetings, had a short communication with Trump, at which he extended an invitation, said Narumon Pinyosinwat, spokesman at the Prime Minister's Office.

Though no official announcement has been made about the visit, it is likely he would come during the 35th Asean Summit, to be held in Bangkok, during October 31 to November 4.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376758

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-26

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News from abroad! That's a load off, I was getting worried about Mr. P. having heard virtually nothing.

I thought there must have been a news blackout or that he had made some monumental stuff-up and his media people were in cover up mode.

Anyway all is good and Mr. and Mrs POTUS have been made welcome, those attack helicopters must have generated some Thai hospitality.

A cavalcade through the traffic jams of Bangkok would be nice gesture and for old time's sake going via Soi Cowboy which his troops used as their playground in the Vietnam war. That Soi could tell some stories! Expat flag wavers could be there in force just like the old grannies who welcomed Prayut to New York.

And here comes all the Trump haters who have had there feelings hurt because he threatens some sh/t hole country that depends on America for some kind of support or another.  Zzzzzzzzzzz snooze fest. One person here thinks Trump was president during the Vietnam war.  Saying his troops were here at that time.  . Can't fix stupid I guess 

49 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

News from abroad! That's a load off, I was getting worried about Mr. P. having heard virtually nothing.

I thought there must have been a news blackout or that he had made some monumental stuff-up and his media people were in cover up mode.

Anyway all is good and Mr. and Mrs POTUS have been made welcome, those attack helicopters must have generated some Thai hospitality.

A cavalcade through the traffic jams of Bangkok would be nice gesture and for old time's sake going via Soi Cowboy which his troops used as their playground in the Vietnam war. That Soi could tell some stories! Expat flag wavers could be there in force just like the old grannies who welcomed Prayut to New York.

You could also talk to the many taxi drivers in BKK, who enjoyed the Americans Soldiers, not a bad word from any

18 minutes ago, Nice Boyd said:

You could also talk to the many taxi drivers in BKK, who enjoyed the Americans Soldiers, not a bad word from any

The American soldiers left Thailand in 1975, that's 44 years ago, I don't see too many 60 year old taxi drivers in BKK! 

Another disgrace from the West.

Any world leader who claims to care about democracy and human rights should boycott any state visit to Thailand all the while it has ZERO democracy and human rights.

But of course America, England, and all the rest will happily go along with the great god, Profit - and to hell with human suffering ...

Archived