Three high-speed train projects shelved due to lack investor interest

webfact

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a very tragic development. Thailand does not have efficient transportation alternatives other than air travel. And the roads are choked with trucks, so an alternative freight method desperately needs to be established. The nation will not ever be considered a developed country without the high speed rail project. Unless they decide to open the Hua Hin airport, the Surat line is desperately needed. 

What is the Japanese reference? They cannot build the CM line without them? Yet, the Japanese have never invested in a rail line outside of Japan? Those questions were never asked?

A civilian government is required to get this done. One with real negotiators. And some intellect. The army is a sorry, hapless, grossly incompetent house of fools. 

As long as the Army Government remains in Thailand, the Country will go the same way as these Rail Projects

Now where very fast.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, when I lived in NYC many years ago, I met alot of people who one could describe as having an attitude. I did not mind it, as they had so much to back it up. Really substantial people. Here it is the opposite with the administration, the army, and immigration. Major attitudes, but absolutely nothing to back it up. Total empty suits. 

Yup; and empty heads go well with the suits !

14 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

The same companies that invest in economies like Italy (a different government every week, sometimes even the Mafia), China (a fascist dictatorship), Hong Kong (got those chinese tanks right actoss the border), anywhere in the Middle East outside of Israel, any country inAfrica, and so on.

Dude if you want to be another one spounting off your anti Thai government mantra (for what purpose I still havent figured out), thats fine, but at least base it in reality, dont be one of those guys with a transcript in your hand while you make up the conversation you can easily read.

Wow, that's good to know! Thailand will be saved, then. But, I'm just curious, where are them 'the same companies that invest in economies like Italy blah blah and so on' you mentioned, I wonder. Must be a reason why these 'same companies' are not investing in Thailand. Maybe they don't like the TM30?

As for reality, well the reality is 'three high-speed train projects shelved due to lack (of) investor interest'. But I am sure 'the same companies' you mentioned will come save the day for Thailand, as you prophesied. :burp:

3 hours ago, outsider said:

As for reality, well the reality is 'three high-speed train projects shelved due to lack (of) investor interest'. But I am sure 'the same companies' you mentioned will come save the day for Thailand, as you prophesied.

Straw man, and not a very good one.

21 hours ago, Stocky said:

The upgrade to dual-track and electrification is far more important and much needed. Malaysia completed its upgrade several years ago now, 3-4 years for Thailand's completion is optimistic. High speed 21st Century vanity projects can wait, try getting the railway out of the 19th Century first!

I agree and start buying new trains because they are two centuries ago instead of wasting milliards  on Thai Airways that is destined to fail, this is another vanity projects.

I'm not at all surprised. Hi speed rail needs proper maintenance AFTER construction finishes. The record of LOS in maintaining things once built, IMO, is not good. How many companies want to be involved in something that crashes after completion due to poor maintenance? It's their good name on the line.

Remember, the only reason they replaced the northern line, IMO, was because it was in such bad repair that trains kept falling off it.

Thailand already has high speed transit. It's called air travel.

Thailand has no need for high speed rail. Now it's obvious, no investors.

I'm all for rebuilding the current rail system, adding a line or two but the days of train travel are over.

Thailand very much could use train to Rayong via Chonburi and down to Surat Thani continuing to Hat Yai and Butterworth (AND branching to Ranong. But trains are dead. Want to revive trains? Kill off planes.

Train travel on private lines in Japan is very expensive.

19 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

If those train lines were part of the ChiCom Belt & Road—this is good news.  

Unlikely for Thailand to be stupid enough to let Laos and Myanmar link up to China by rail and grab most of the tourists and trade if itself doesn't want to link up. Imagine the horror that one day Thailand have to import Chinese goods via Laos and Myanmar!

3 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Unlikely for Thailand to be stupid enough to let Laos and Myanmar link up to China by rail and grab most of the tourists and trade if itself doesn't want to link up. Imagine the horror that one day Thailand have to import Chinese goods via Laos and Myanmar!

Thailand has no land border with China.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Thailand already has high speed transit. It's called air travel.

Thailand has no need for high speed rail. Now it's obvious, no investors.

I'm all for rebuilding the current rail system, adding a line or two but the days of train travel are over.

Thailand very much could use train to Rayong via Chonburi and down to Surat Thani continuing to Hat Yai and Butterworth (AND branching to Ranong. But trains are dead. Want to revive trains? Kill off planes.

Train travel on private lines in Japan is very expensive.

But but but, thats not the way to save Gaia! We need trains!

On 9/27/2019 at 8:13 AM, Skallywag said:

High speed rail as with many other forms of mass transit will not be a money maker because the personal automobile and motorcycle is so easy to acquire here with no down payment,  low monthly payments, no insurance requirements, etc... 

Short Rant:

Did not read the long diatribes by Greta Thunberg, yet if the human race is going to save the planet, we need to start by changing peoples attitudes towards transportation and conveniences that burn fossil fuels.

People should have to pay the real cost of owning their gas guzzling freedom vehicles. Taxes, parking fees, tolls, etc... 

These changes would also create healthier, safer, and happier societies, where people are walking to the train, conversing with others, and becoming connected with their neighbors and community. 

Personal transportation removes you from interacting with others, causes stress, traffic, pollution, and of course 100's of thousands of fatal accidents every year, etc...   

The industrial revolution is over 100 years old, we know it is killing us and our planet, yet we are not willing to give up anything to evolve and try and create a better society in the future    IMO

where do you think the electric power for this boondongle of a waste of money and land comes from?  a nuclear plant?  all the electric here comes from fossil fuels.  Thailand does not need this redunduncy that can easily be replaced by airtravel or even the old trains that appeal more to tourests anyways.  They could give Chaigmai or phuket 2 subway/el light rail lines for the resources wasted on these useless train projects.  The greenhouse gas ballouny is 30 years old now and nothing happened so no one is saying thailand needs to build these useless things  for that reason but that's a different topic..

Archived