Year long "Medical Visa" proposed to make Thailand top ten for Medical Tourism

webfact

Treatment in public hospital in Thailand is just as much if not more than in the West.

Yes, care is much better than in the West but it is still just as expansive .

Not sure which Arab countries , but know some treatment is paid by the government. 

Would one have to provide extensive medical history and treatment plan to get the visa ?

• Confused 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Four countries are being proposed to add to those that can apply for ten year visas - these are South Korea, Belgium, Austria and New Zealand.

Rather than ad countries they should be sorting out the O-X visa itself, and getting rid of the crappy mandatory Thai insurance requirement and adding overseas insurance (which all of their current med treatment visitors are using anyway). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Scary sometimes. I know one guy who suffers from Quervains tendonitis. All over the world the treatment is to immobilise the wrist, don't move the joint and try to keep it as unmoving as possible. Use anti-inflammation drugs for a short while etc.

Doctor here suggested as much exercise as possible and buy one of those squeezy rubber balls to use as often as possible.

Unfortunately, that is not an isolated case. A few of my friends have similar stories.  One recently had a mole removed at a Military Hospital, without any anaesthetic being applied, by a drunk idiot of a 'doctor'. Even the attending nurse was disgusted by the incident. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Can't agree,

My 3 monthly visits to government hospital (BPH) cost 50bht for the hospital/doctor and 1bht/tablet for the medications.

When I was having to visit the emergency room it was another 200bht/visit.

That wouldn't even cover the car parking fee for the NHS hospital in the UK.

Sorry I misspelled , meant to say private hospital not public 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I'm imagining a lot of digital nomads, serial tourist visa users and the like with more cosmetic surgery than Michael Jackson wandering the Kingdom if this new visa comes to be ????

of course as there is no visa that fit for those under 50 years/ not married, elite visa are for all ages, but it’s not very economical, it’s time ease on the visa regulations and make people feel welcomed no matter what their age is, if there really was a visa for all with not to many requirements then I’m pretty sure there would have been less use of ed visa and tourist visa.

• Like 1

It is not only tourism/economy issue. Tourists will occupy limited good doctors so Thai residents may wait longer time to obtain medical treatment.

Good young doctors intend to work in private/international hospitals. Poor Thai medical system lack of world-standard doctors.

• Sad 2