ExGirlfriend Holding My Stuff At Randsome

ExpatLife

28 minutes ago, ExpatLife said:

ha ha ha, Hua Hin, not your seedy districts 

I'm happy to see you take it all lightly and moved on and can laugh a bit about it ... and continue to further respond to queries.

I think you are a good and a real man ... with all your faults and silly stupid things you did ????

There is no one excluded from making any similar mistakes in future.

They think they are ... but they are not.

At least you were honest to talk about it.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, brian2f2f said:

I really need to start doing better about backing all of my content up. I lost some pics and vids of my mom the last ill ever have of her because i wasnt careful to make sure my files were backed. My mom passed away so its impossible to ever get any pics or vids with her again. I have started back up everything on both my notebook and external hdd but lately been lazy about it. On the back up aspect i also think its good to have files that are important and dont want to lose backed up on a few different places. That wat if something happes to one of 2 back ups you still have at keast 1 or 2 more back up locations to access your files from. I botnally back up to 2 different email accounts as well as at least 1 external hdd. Backing up is not just important for hacking or stolen but also good incase of a crash or corruption in the current storage location. As that alone could destroy all your saved data. 

... that's what exactly happens to most people. If some just take away those things from this discussion without arguing around, that's a win/win for everyone in future!

Edited by RedPill

And now I tell you what happened to me 5 month ago. 

Girlfriend of 2.5 years, we're sitting in a restaurant, starting to argue about stupid things.

She runs away to my Condo, by-passing security (my boyfriend still in restaurant, I forgot key).

No plomblem, he just opens the door for her.

By the time I'm in my room, everything is gone ... laptop gone, not even tooth paste left.

A angry Thai girl ... ! Not saying she want to sell your stuff for money, she's just super angry ...

And then your stuff get's into public, into wrong hands, like your laptop. 

These things can happen in a snap here in Thailand. With everyone. 

Anyways, I told her, look you are stupid to steal my laptop, it's 5 years old, I got a backup, you know that little black thing you see before.

You don't hurt me with that. She gave it back to me.

But in those 2-3 weeks, I had to change all my pwd's, everything ... you never know what's going to happen.

And I was very happy to have a backup.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Girlfriend of 2.5 years, we're sitting in a restaurant, starting to argue about stupid things.

She runs away to my Condo, by-passing security (my boyfriend still in restaurant, I forgot key).

By the time I'm in my room, everything is gone ... laptop gone, not even tooth paste left.

A angry Thai girl ... ! Not saying she want to sell your stuff for money, she's just super angry ...

Anyways, I told her, look you are stupid to steal my laptop, it's 5 years old, I got a backup, you know that little black thing you see before.

But in those 2-3 weeks, I had to change all my pwd's, everything ... you never know what's going to happen.

How did she manage to bypass security on the way out with all your stuff,  on her own and not be noticed and also manage to carry it all?

Edited by Kadilo

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

How did she manage to bypass security on the way out with all your stuff,  on her own and not be noticed and also manage to carry it all?

She did, her car was parked in the parking lot, inside of the security gate, before you have to go out and pass security again.

In the evening, there was no reception at the door exit after 5pm to stop her or ask questions.

I just tell you ... she didn't do it to steal my stuff to make money ... but just because she was very angry, p$#@ed off or to send me message.

But for me, my laptop was gone ... that's not a good thing. But I got it covered, as good as I can.

Edited by RedPill

On 10/1/2019 at 8:26 AM, NaamGin said:

This should be a lesson for you, although an expensive one. Next time, get your <deleted> out of the house BEFORE you break up with your GF. Walk away, it's really your only option. 

Expensive? Hasn't he just lost a laptop, camera and some clothes? Hardly been turned over for a few million bhat, has he.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Expensive? Hasn't he just lost a laptop, camera and some clothes? Hardly been turned over for a few million bhat, has he.

No, but he never claimed that. It was just a break up story he was going through at the time and shared. 

Was that a bad thing to do? Looking at all the responses, incl. yours, apparently it was.

Never share anything personal on TV ... what's your message for future posters? Don't post unless it was for a few million baht, hardly?

Edited by RedPill

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

... that's what exactly happens to most people. If some just take away those things from this discussion without arguing around, that's a win/win for everyone in future!

Exactly and people are attacking you for just trying to take this situation and apply valuable information for everyone. 

You’re my new hero

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

You’re my new hero

lol, you are the cracker! with your iPhone in your hands, giving 'insane' advice to people! 55555

Sent from my iPhone using a Thailand forum ... get over it! And remove this kind of kinder garden <deleted> in your replies ;-))

At least try! ... and join a normal conversation

Edited by RedPill

9 minutes ago, RedPill said:

lol, you are the cracker! with your iPhone in your hands, giving 'insane' advice to people! 55555

Sent from my iPhone using a Thailand forum ... get over it! And remove this kind of kinder garden <deleted> in replies ;-))

So agressive....

You should relax when you're not too busy saving the world.

1 minute ago, JaiLai said:

So agressive....

You should relax when you're not too busy saving the world.

Pretty relaxed, don't worry ... I'm just up for some discussions with intelligent people sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone from a Thailand Forum ... 555555

12 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Have you ever thought about writing a book? You have some incredible stories..

No, not really. Just the few things happening below a few million baht, as you said before ... not worthwhile talking below.

I let you know when it's above ... and worthwhile for you to read.

Edited by RedPill

11 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Have you ever thought about writing a book? You have some incredible stories..

Ok, so pls, tell us your craziest story you had with a Thai girl here ... if you want, or never had any?

Edited by RedPill

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

Ok, so pls, tell us your craziest story you had with a Thai girl here ... if you want, or never had any?

I heard about one Thai girl that stole passwords from a farangs computer and ended up taking over the world.

Crazy,  right?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JaiLai said:

I heard about one Thai girl that stole passwords from a farangs computer and ended up taking over the world.

Crazy,  right?

Not crazy, just funny 555

You never know a Thai girl until she get's angry ???? Even after a few years.

btw ... I didn't report the security guy. I can't really blame him. It's good guy, didn't want him to lose his job.

As far as he was concerned, he saw us together for 2 years and just wanted to help out, someone coming home

late and forgot the key. I guess he just got caught in the middle of something without knowing it.

That's it, end of story. I can laugh a bit about it now, but it was not so fun when it happened.

And just to tell you again, it's not about the Thai girl stealing passwords, it's about what she will do with your laptop, passing it on into the wrong hands etc. I'm sure you understand that.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

You really <deleted> up by not having your name on the residency, which means you have technically just left your goods in someone else's property, in a foreign country where you have little means of recourse.. Choices are to obtain entry to the property in less than proper means (you don't even know if your items are still at the property in question, so that's not even such a good idea) or just move on and take it as a loss. Could have been worse, at least you didn't build a house for her out in the sticks (?). In the future don't come across as such a soft touch (she sees you as soft, which is why she is basically mugging you off) and be a little more tactile with your residency. 

8 hours ago, RedPill said:

Not crazy, just funny 555

You never know a Thai girl until she get's angry ???? Even after a few years.

btw ... I didn't report the security guy. I can't really blame him. It's good guy, didn't want him to lose his job.

As far as he was concerned, he saw us together for 2 years and just wanted to help out, someone coming home

late and forgot the key. I guess he just got caught in the middle of something without knowing it.

That's it, end of story. I can laugh a bit about it now, but it was not so fun when it happened.

And just to tell you again, it's not about the Thai girl stealing passwords, it's about what she will do with your laptop, passing it on into the wrong hands etc. I'm sure you understand that.

This why I have a house full

of pitbulls , no one dares to go unless I am there????

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 6:47 AM, amykat said:

Well she is not his landlord I suppose?  Someone else is.  He can judge, is the rent paid?  The police aren’t there to figure out each and every bill.  I think it is pretty obvious when a woman is trying to keep your things and he goes to the police ...does she look beat up?  I don’t know ...if you want to live in fear, then let her steal all your stuff, try to negotiate the number lower, spend some time ...it will go down with time, or kiss ass and make up.  Then run away later, don’t ever let them get any power over you in the future.  I always fought the battle...I don’t like to lose.  It always worked out for me but it is a risk.

The landlord has rented the property out and the renter is the house master, would you want your landlord to be able to enter at any time?  and do you really think the landlord wants to take sides here and <deleted> her off, so she can trash the place and move?  Same with the cops, they cannot enter the house unless they have a search warrant and they will not want or be able to get 1.  

On 9/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder how many of the people here who "know" the police won't help have any personal experience with the Thai police.

I know they have the reputation to be corrupt and some prominent cases in the press leave little doubt about that.

But somehow I find it hard to believe the police is always bad news for foreigners.

How many people here have personal experience with the police? And how much of that information if from some guy somewhere in a bar or online?

The police cannot do anything if your 'stuff' is in someone elses house, they have no idea what your relationship with that person is.. same as anywhere..  otherwise the police would constantly be going into peoples houses and taking stuff and giveing it to someone else or keeping... it's called a search warrant ad not easy to obtain on such a trivial matter

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

The police cannot do anything if your 'stuff' is in someone elses house, they have no idea what your relationship with that person is.. same as anywhere..  otherwise the police would constantly be going into peoples houses and taking stuff and giveing it to someone else or keeping... it's called a search warrant ad not easy to obtain on such a trivial matter

Police can do and clearly have done as in case of OP.

Offer a cheque if you have one but make sure there are mistakes in it including your signature, make it look like she has forged it, get your gear and give her the cheque, tell her she can go straight to the bank and cash it but you phone the bank immediately to tell them not to honour it as it has been removed from your cheque book by persons unknown and then move far away, possibly even change your bank

And before the clever ones amongst you jump down my throat cheques are still used and many people still have them. Banks also continue to print and distribute the books to people who want them.

Offer a cheque if you have one but make sure there are mistakes in it including your signature, make it look like she has forged it, get your gear and give her the cheque, tell her she can go straight to the bank and cash it but you phone the bank immediately to tell them not to honour it as it has been removed from your cheque book by persons unknown and then move far away, possibly even change your bank

And before the clever ones amongst you jump down my throat cheques are still used and many people still have them. Banks also continue to print and distribute the books to people who want them.

Great idea, I think your plan will definitely work.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

But if it fails can always explain yourself to the judge why you passed on fraudulent cheque

Fraudulent cheque ! Who wrote that? Explain to the judge ! Why?
His word against hers and as it was stolen from a cheque book that was in her possession “ she is holding my bank book and pc” and if he got her to write out the cheque it will be in her hand writing, only the signature will be in another hand and nothing like his.