Giuliani says Trump did not pay for his globetrotting push for Biden probe

webfact

13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You know in the dystopian novels the majority of the people are so convinced they are right, but they are clearly brainwashed and deep in the fallacy of the state propaganda. And as you read it you hope at first that they might see how stupid they are being, but later in the book you don't care anymore. Let them be stupid, they are happier in their ignorance. You still hope for the protagonist, who invariably is red-pilled and aware. But the rest you care nothing about anymore. That's where I am at. Let the NPC's have their illusion. It's a kindness really. 

And there we have it.

You obviously have some self-delusion that everyone else is wrong with being 'brainwashed and deep in the fallacy of the state propaganda' and you are the only 'red-pilled and aware' individual around, ready to save us lowly automatons who know no better.

Ok then, if that's your role then can you please do it a bit better by:-

A) Providing better arguments substantiated with proper facts and corroborated with better sources than the crackpot sites you are so fond of quoting. 

B) Sticking to one argument and arguing that better.  

Everything else just sounds like the ramblings of a conspiracy nut and doesn't hold traction with most. 

I hope you see this in the constructive manner it is meant.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I consider that conservative parties in so called western democracies believe they have a "God given" right to rule in their respective countries and will go to any lengths to win elections. 

Trump's chances of winning a second term are slim, even the most rabid diehards must doubt there'll be a second miracle. 

At what stage will the GOP toss him and try with another candidate in the attempt to hold on to power?  Many of them face losing their own seats in the Trump backlash.

Perhaps this process might give them the way out.

Of course the do nothing, American senate is not known for it's acumen. A filibuster won't work with this. 

He could still win and that's very scary. In fact he will probably win. He will be impeached by the house and then based on what we know up till now, he will probably not be convicted by the senate. 

Then he will proceed to do what he does, whip up his angry hard core base and because the electoral college is structured to heavily favor ANY republican he will be on the path to lose by the popular vote massively but win by a slim electoral margin. Then imagine a dictator like character like "trump" reelected, even more vindictive than usual and no worries about facing another election. I don't think the American democracy can really survive that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

He could still win and that's very scary. In fact he will probably win. He will be impeached by the house and then based on what we know up till now, he will probably not be convicted by the senate. 

Then he will proceed to do what he does, whip up his angry hard core base and because the electoral college is structured to heavily favor ANY republican he will be on the path to lose by the popular vote massively but win by a slim electoral margin. Then imagine a dictator like character like "trump" reelected, even more vindictive than usual and no worries about facing another election. I don't think the American democracy can really survive that.

I don't think American democracy can survive period. The polarization is off the charts. Just like in the UK.

This is going to get uglier.

6 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't think American democracy can survive period.

I think we'll survive the current president's reign.

The polarization is off the charts.

Hmm, note to self, those 620,000 folks who perished ca. 1861-1865 are somehow not "chart-worthy"? Go figure.

There have been many, many, many, many periods of polarization. This trope is just a weak, simple deflection, made by those who have lost hope in the president.

I suspect MAGA hats will quietly disappear, stowed in the back of the closet with ceremonial white robes, while the owner pines for simpler times.

8 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Only if Devin digs up those nude photos of the president.

It'll get as ugly as the republicans allow the president to make it. Unrestrained, yes, I can imagine the president wanting to drag the etnire country down with him. "Burn it, burn it all.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't think American democracy can survive period. The polarization is off the charts. Just like in the UK.

I think it's salvageable if "trump" isn't reelected in 2020 as I'm confident that the new democratic president if there is one will work very hard to project that she intends to the president of ALL Americans instead of only her base. Not saying it will be easy or pretty. But two terms of that "trump" horror show, I think it's over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In another twist (of the thumb screws) over the pond the Director General of the BBC reverses a decision up holding a complaint about BBC breakfast presenter Naga Munchetty who has a lovely tan...

This followed trumps racist tweets on the Democrat politicians Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib.

The comments were discussed on BBC Breakfast on 17 July, where Munchetty said: "Every time I have been told, as a woman of colour, to go back to where I came from, that was embedded in racism.

"Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything here, but you know what certain phrases mean."

Her co-presenter Dan Walker said that "it feels like a thought-out strategy to strengthen his position" to which she replied: "And it is not enough to do it just to get attention. He's in a responsible position. Anyway I'm not here to give my opinion."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49883952

Wonder how long for the tapes of the phone call from Big Buffoon to Little Buffoon surface telling him to sack the lot of them???

@mtls2005

46 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't think American democracy can survive period.

I think we'll survive the current president's reign.

The polarization is off the charts.

Hmm, note to self, those 620,000 folks who perished ca. 1861-1865 are somehow not "chart-worthy"? Go figure.

There have been many, many, many, many periods of polarization. This trope is just a weak, simple deflection, made by those who have lost hope in the president.

I suspect MAGA hats will quietly disappear, stowed in the back of the closet with ceremonial white robes, while the owner pines for simpler times.

Only if Devin digs up those nude photos of the president.

It'll get as ugly as the republicans allow the president to make it. Unrestrained, yes, I can imagine the president wanting to drag the etnire country down with him. "Burn it, burn it all.

Yes America will survive if your side doesn't totally lose it. I think it's unlikely when you are all making the reelection of Trump so easy.

More than one thing can be off the charts. It is not a very specific description. Not a very hard one to understand either. I mean for folks with normal intelligence of course.

Those MAGA hats are more popular than ever dude, have you seen Trumps ever climbing approval. Of course wearing one can easily get you assaulted by fascists. So people don't where them as much as they might.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're tripping. He is not more popular than ever. I've come to the conclusion that you're not posting in good faith. Just repeating ridiculous "trump" propaganda lies to provoke people as a sick game. So -- GOODBYE.

I messed up the quoting of a multinested post. That wasn't a response to you.

I mean for folks with normal intelligence of course.

Flattery will get you everywhere. /blush

have you seen Trumps ever climbing approval.

It was here a minute ago, but now? Think someone dropped it in the toilet.

7 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

So people don't where them as much as they might.

OK. So confirming they're bit like those old robes, hoods and crosses in the basement.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

OK. So confirming they're bit like those old robes, hoods and crosses in the basement.

Confirming that a significant segment of Americans will violently respond to people with a different political opinion. A damning indictment on the attitudes of people on the left of the spectrum.  Part of the reason for the walkaway movement.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, candide said:

And of course you don't provide any reference to the agreement itself, so I will do it for you, by quoting a few points from the letter of submittal that show this treaty cannot be applied to the case of Trump shamelessly looking for dirt on his opponent. For the full text you need to download the pdf file.

Article 1(4) states explicitly that the Treaty is not intended to create rights in private parties to obtain, suppress, or exclude any evidence, or to impede the execution of a request.

Article 2 provides for the establishment of Central Authorities and defines Central Authorities for purposes of the Treaty. For the United States, the Central Authority shall be the Attorney General or a person designated by the Attorney General.

Article 4 prescribes the form and content of written requests under the Treaty, specifying in detail the information required in each request.

https://www.congress.gov/treaty-document/106th-congress/16/document-text

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

You got all of it correct, except the parts about the documents Giuliani has are unfounded. I am glad you are paying attention. Biden was dirty, filling the family treasure chest through his influence. Prosecutor smelled a rat in Burisma which threatened Biden's supply. Prosecutor got fired. And there is an accord signed between Ukraine and the US it has been around for many years. One member even showed a portion of it.

Now you guys want to impeach Trump for looking into Biden's dirt and elect Biden like it never happened. The world is screwed anyhow, so bring on the crazy what do I care.

Your claim about the treaty you did not read has already been debunked in my previous post. The treaty cannot apply because conditions exposed in several articles have not been met.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Confirming that a significant segment of Americans will violently respond to people with a different political opinion. A damning indictment on the attitudes of people on the left of the spectrum.  Part of the reason for the walkaway movement.

Confirm how? Did happen already? You got a working condition crystal ball? As in many of your posts, a certain confusion between fact and reality, between what is and what may come.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Morch said:

Confirm how? Did happen already? You got a working condition crystal ball? As in many of your posts, a certain confusion between fact and reality, between what is and what may come.

I have seen many reports of people being attacked because they wear a MAGA hat, so yes, people hiding their hats at home already happens.

I have seen many reports of people being attacked because they wear a MAGA hat, so yes, people hiding their hats at home already happens.

I kinda doubt you could meaningfully support the assertion that it amounts to a "significant segment". And, of course, your take on political related violence and intimidation seems totally one sided. That you echo Trump's divisive narrative and threats is no surprise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

I kinda doubt you could meaningfully support the assertion that it amounts to a "significant segment". And, of course, your take on political related violence and intimidation seems totally one sided. That you echo Trump's divisive narrative and threats is no surprise.

Not worth my time. If you can't see that many people are afraid to wear MAGA hats in everyday circumstances, then I am not likely to affect your opinion.

10 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Not worth my time. If you can't see that many people are afraid to wear MAGA hats in everyday circumstances, then I am not likely to affect your opinion.

What I can see is that you make over-the-top assertions based on not much at all. And that your input is consistently one-sided. Apparently, in your alternative reality, political related violence and intimidation is something that's solely directed at Trump supporters, and happens on a massive scale, to boot.

• Like 1

Giuliani got his wish.

House Intelligence Committee subpoenaed Rudy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/30/house-democrats-subpoena-trump-lawyer-rudy-giuliani-in-impeachment-probe.html

Also requested to turn over communications regarding U.S. foreign assistance to Ukraine, as well as any information on efforts to withhold or deny it. Giuliani's response by tweet :

• I have received a subpoena signed only by Democrat Chairs who have prejudged this case. It raises significant issues concerning legitimacy and constitutional and legal issues including, inter alia, attorney client and other privileges. It will be given appropriate consideration.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/463742-giuliani-says-hes-received-subpoena-signed-only-by-democrat-chairs

So it seems Giuliani may decide to resist the subpoena.