Refused Entry

Well they got me with a rule I didnt know.

walked in from malaysia to Dannok to spend 3 days. Imm officer said I cannot come and took me to supervisor.

Reason given is that Australians are only allowed entry 2 times in 1 year. This is my 3rd visit. Go back to malaysia.

my previous visit was from 1 april to 4 april in dannok. Then 29 june to 2 july in bangkok. I did ask if this was a new rule but she just told me to wait outside. Then told to leave.

Attached is the form she gave me refusing entry. No idea what it says.

A0074685-7094-4CA4-A50D-B81BC18370F5.jpeg

You were denied entry under section 12.1

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the Kingdom :
1. Having no genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of passport ; or having a
genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of a passport without Visaing by the Royal Thai Embassies or Consulates in Foreign countries ; or from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs , excepting if a visa is not required for certain types of aliens in special instances.
Visaing and visa exemption will be under the learn and conditions as provided in the Ministerial Regulations.

Basically only 2 land border crossing per year allowed, not specific to Australians.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, steve187 said:

only 2 land border crossing a year, have you made any other entries , in 2019

No those were the only 2. She never said land border. Only said entry. I only did 1 land border xing before.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

No those were the only 2. She never said land border. Only said entry. I only did 1 land border xing before.

Let me re check my pp later to confirm. Going to drown my sorrows for the nite. ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Two land border crossings per year , plus unlimited airport entries per year ( at the IO's discretion).

Have you done two land border crossings already this calander year ?

I did 1 on april 1st. Will check later in my pp and get back to u. Having a cold ale now. 

I was stopped in poipet couple years ago with the 2 entries limit.....i had my truck parked on other side and my mrs waiting ...with the keys in my pocket...

Supv said i could come back if i had onward ticket in 2 weeks....had to go back into Cambodia (with no visa as i was stamped out and in no mans land)....lucky found a MC taxi who spoke english and took me to internet cafe to get ticket....pretty stressful experience ????

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Abananaed said:

sound like you are living in malaysia in which case you have forgotten the magic words "open sesame" should do it for entry.

Correct i live in malaysia. I should have used the bar girls in malaysia agent. They use an agent and pay rm300 at dannok to come and go every month. None of this 2 entry nonsense.

I can understand it if living in thailand only allowing 2 xings. But i live and work in malaysia. What is the point of denying entry to visit and spend a few baht every now and then.

It is what it is. My malaysian friends cross every couple of weeks for fun. No issue. But now i cannot.

Its ok. Moving on. Will go elsewhere.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Correct i live in malaysia. I should have used the bar girls in malaysia agent. They use an agent and pay rm300 at dannok to come and go every month. None of this 2 entry nonsense.

I can understand it if living in thailand only allowing 2 xings. But i live and work in malaysia. What is the point of denying entry to visit and spend a few baht every now and then.

It is what it is. My malaysian friends cross every couple of weeks for fun. No issue. But now i cannot.

Its ok. Moving on. Will go elsewhere.

Malaysian passport holders are exempt for the 2 x's rule -

'' The only exception to the new regulation will be Malaysian passport holders traveling from Malaysia, as they will continue to receive the 30-day Unlimited Visa Exemption stamps.''

taken from - https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/new-visa-rules.php

Two land border crossings per year , plus unlimited airport entries per year ( at the IO's discretion).
   Have you done two land border crossings already this calander year ?
Is that "Two land border crossings per year" rule specific for visa exempt or tourist visa only or for any type of visa (Non O Multiple...)?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, jphasia said:

Is that "Two land border crossings per year" rule specific for visa exempt or tourist visa only or for any type of visa (Non O Multiple...)?

Two land border crossings to obtain Visa Exempt Stamps  , doesnt effect other visas

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jphasia said:

No. But expect hostility if leaving and or entering on a multiple entry visa via southern checkpoints.

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tifino said:

sad how the times have changed... years'n'years ago;  we used to do the drive up from Penang, to Hatyai, every second weekend  

It seems it  is something like that they don't like whiteout a visa and put a stop on it .

Edited by david555

35 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Malaysian passport holders are exempt for the 2 x's rule -

'' The only exception to the new regulation will be Malaysian passport holders traveling from Malaysia, as they will continue to receive the 30-day Unlimited Visa Exemption stamps.''

taken from - https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/new-visa-rules.php

Understand. But the girls are pinay and vietnam. No issue with paying agent. 

But thank u for info. I just didnt know the 2x rule ????

Yes, max 2 land border crossings per year.

Max 6 months in a year for the total of land and air crossing even for tourist visas.. I think.

If not, anybody can fly in 12 times per year from neighbouring countries with a tourist visa.

There are many refusals reported lately in Thaivisa forum

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Yes, max 2 land border crossings per year.

Max 6 months in a year for the total of land and air crossing even for tourist visas.. I think.

If not, anybody can fly in 12 times per year from neighbouring countries with a tourist visa.

There are many refusals reported lately in Thaivisa forum

This is almost as inane as about ten years ago they changed the visa exempt for land crossings to be 15 days instead of 30 days!  Then they made a ruling that G7 country citizens could then now get 30 days again.  Then a few years ago they popped up the two land border crossings in a year.  So there are now several in and out "limitations" hard and soft coded.  Number of visa exempts in a year about 6 I think or  6 months total visa time in one year.  Ad hoc rulings on how much of that visa usage carries over into the next calendar year or just one year time interval total. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Tayaout said:

You can only get 2 visas free entry via land border per calendar year. Get a visa or try via the airport. 

Is this indeed per calendar year, as opposed to a rolling twelve month period?

If that is the case, I might as well be using my entries toward the end of each calendar year.  Ordinarily I refrain from using them, to preserve that option as a plan B if I ever failed to get a visa as planned.

• Like 1

No. But expect hostility if leaving and or entering on a multiple entry visa via southern checkpoints.
Yes but I guess if you are on Non O Multiple and going out of Thailand by land only every 90 days (visa run), you might face some issues at some checkpoints.
I am on Non O Multiple and been through Ranong border already 4 times this year. No issues at all but it was very clear that the purpose of my exits was not "visa run" but pleasure.

9 hours ago, jphasia said:

Exempt, ie without a Visa  or Re-Entry Permit.