Final proposal - PM Johnson to unveil Brexit offer to EU

webfact

18 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Incisive!  Have you ever thought of making your comments relevant to the topic, or specific to the comment you were commenting upon?

Please go easy on Jip.

At long last everything will finally be revealed about the motifs for brexit.

I asked and asked and asked again.

I was just about to give up ever understanding brexit.

It is not about economics.

It is not about returning to a long lost past.

It is not about extreem nationalism or racism.

So, tell us Jip, WHAT"S IT ALL ABOUT?.

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Why not look at the bright side? Why so negative?

The UK could export "genuine Parma Ham" to the US (the ethnic Italians will be delighted), or "real Spanish Serrano", or Trappist beer, made in Northern Ireland by a protestant brewery.

I drank Trap once....and got pist.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I drank Trap once....and got pist.

OK, here goes for a very balanced post.

No, I am not saying my other posts are not balanced.

Good on you to try a real beer, even if it was brewed by CATHOLIC monks, and was exported by a member country of the devilish EU.

However. Getting drunk on a beer that was brewed according to a centuries  old recipe does not show much respect for our culture. Why not get drunk on your gin tonic?

But. I do understand that you are not used to beer with 10% alcohol (by volume).

And did you know that the Irish (I know I know, those trouble makers from the republic) brew a special Guinness for export to Belgium - with 8% alcohol? Good on them, and maybe something to take into account when negociating the backstop - a gesture of goodwill perhaps?

13 hours ago, oldhippy said:

The UK could export "genuine Parma Ham" to the US (the ethnic Italians will be delighted), or "real Spanish Serrano", or Trappist beer, made in Northern Ireland by a protestant brewery.

Bojo is a real contortionist with his ability to "double down" and "bend over".

Boris Johnson is scrapping a commitment by Theresa May to stick to EU rules on the environment, safety standards and workers’ rights – to raise his chances of getting a trade agreement with Donald Trump.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-environment-rules-trump-trade-deal-a9143221.html

Only the delusional would think that there is any chance of an FDA with the EU if he climbs into bed with the US.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Incisive!  Have you ever thought of making your comments relevant to the topic, or specific to the comment you were commenting upon?

To be fair to young Jip, the arch enemy, I believe he was being whimsical and we really could do with the odd touch of humour in these threads.

Happens on other boards but absent here ????

On 10/4/2019 at 10:54 AM, JonnyF said:

Yep, seems the EU's financial muscle is working a treat. ????

https://www.afr.com/world/europe/us-eu-trade-war-widens-with-tariffs-on-planes-cheese-wine-and-whisky-20191003-p52xca

image.png.3b25bd3ffe52ad187b10f24a4af8ef7b.png

Another good reason to make our own deal with the US instead of getting dragged down with the EU's failed attempts.

You are aware in the link that you provided those tariffs are coming the UK’s way right ? It’s even in the headline for you.

You also realise the UK will always be European being in Europe right ? Or is the next leavers brainwave to declare a seperate continent ? 

The WTO have stated themselves they cannot match the trading terms of the EU - so how will the deals be better ? 

I think you’ve got a touch of the Boris’s - defeating yourself so no one else has to. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

You are aware in the link that you provided those tariffs are coming the UK’s way right ? It’s even in the headline for you.

You also realise the UK will always be European being in Europe right ? Or is the next leavers brainwave to declare a seperate continent ? 

The WTO have stated themselves they cannot match the trading terms of the EU - so how will the deals be better ? 

I think you’ve got a touch of the Boris’s - defeating yourself so no one else has to. 

That's a bit stroppy for a "nembie"........????

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

To be fair to young Jip, the arch enemy, I believe he was being whimsical and we really could do with the odd touch of humour in these threads.

Whimsical? Or obtuse and rude?

14 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Please go easy on Jip.

At long last everything will finally be revealed about the motifs for brexit.

I asked and asked and asked again.

I was just about to give up ever understanding brexit.

It is not about economics.

It is not about returning to a long lost past.

It is not about extreem nationalism or racism.

So, tell us Jip, WHAT"S IT ALL ABOUT?.

If Jip cannot come up with an answer, maybe one of the other brexiteers can?

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, sandyf said:

The English did not like someone else having a say in how the country was run, but the English want to dictate to the Irish, Welsh and Scots how their countries should be run.

The English , Welsh , Scots and Northern Irish all belong to the same United Kingdom and English do not dictate to the others how to |"run their countries" , as we all have equal status

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruntoid said:

You haven't been here long enough to get the gist of our humour....Give it a bit more than a month chap.....????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The English , Welsh , Scots and Northern Irish all belong to the same United Kingdom and English do not dictate to the others how to |"run their countries" , as we all have equal status

John McEnroe had a saying for comments like that.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Scottish MP's can vote on issues that solely effect England in the UK Parliament . English MP's cannot vote on things that are solely Scottish issues , in the Scottish Parliament .

And what is the connection with Brexit?

If this is true, clearly the British made a mess, similar to the Brexit mess.

The British seem to excel in creating a mess.

Edited by oldhippy

12 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I will fix that for you:

The British, French, Belgians etc all belong to the same United Europe and Germans do not dictate to the others how to |"run their countries" , as we all have equal status

My quote didnt need fixing and you are trying to be clever, but you are just coming across as not being clever 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Scottish MP's can vote on issues that solely effect England in the UK Parliament . English MP's cannot vote on things that are solely Scottish issues , in the Scottish Parliament .

You are making the same mistake as someone else, Westminster is not a devolved parliament. The Scots sitting in Westminster would rather be sitting in their own national parliament but the English government is dictating that cannot happen.

Who is dictating how issues between the north and south of Ireland are to be managed, the Irish or the English?

The devolved nations are not in control of their own future, only England has that luxury.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sandyf said:

You are making the same mistake as someone else, Westminster is not a devolved parliament. The Scots sitting in Westminster would rather be sitting in their own national parliament but the English government is dictating that cannot happen.

Who is dictating how issues between the north and south of Ireland are to be managed, the Irish or the English?

The devolved nations are not in control of their own future, only England has that luxury.

Well, maybe the UK could give the Scots a referendum asking them whether they want to remain in the United Kingdom ??

You dont seem to understand that Westminster is the United Kingdom Parliament and it isnt the English Parliament .

Anyone would think that there were 600 British people telling Scots what do do 

18 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I will fix that for you:

The British, French, Belgians etc all belong to the same United Europe and Germans do not dictate to the others how to |"run their countries" , as we all have equal status

Very funny, very funny...????......????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Well, maybe the UK could give the Scots a referendum asking them whether they want to remain in the United Kingdom ??

You dont seem to understand that Westminster is the United Kingdom Parliament and it isnt the English Parliament .

Anyone would think that there were 600 British people telling Scots what do do 

That is exactly it, why should it be up to the UK to give the Scots a referendum, why aren't they entitled to make that decision on their own.

The English were going to get the brexit referendum irrespective of anything the Scots said. Eighty five percent of the population creates a dictatorship, something you fail to understand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, sandyf said:

That is exactly it, why should it be up to the UK to give the Scots a referendum, why aren't they entitled to make that decision on their own.

The English were going to get the brexit referendum irrespective of anything the Scots said. Eighty five percent of the population creates a dictatorship, something you fail to understand.

Stop stop stop . 

It wasnt an English E.U. referendum, it was a UK referendum on the EU .

The UK agreed to the EU referendum , just as the UK agreed to the Scottish referendum and if England wants its own Independence  referendum, the UK will have to agree to it  . 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are not speaking for the Scots, you are speaking for the SNP. The Scots voted to remain in the UK if you remember.

I remember quite well and agreed with the vote at the time.

What you and others want to ignore is that David Cameron moved the goalposts. It is an arrogant assumption to think you know who I am speaking for. Like many brexiteers you think seem to think that independence is tied to party politics.

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop stop stop . 

It wasnt an English E.U. referendum, it was a UK referendum on the EU .

The UK agreed to the EU referendum , just as the UK agreed to the Scottish referendum and if England wants its own Independence  referendum, the UK will have to agree to it  . 

You are perfectly free to turn your back on reality. Whatever view you want to take, reality is that any outcome would be based on what England decided.

Always been that way apart from when Ireland decided enough was enough.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1