Climate Change: An unstoppable movement takes hold

rooster59

Greta Thunberg: -16 yrs old -No accomplishments -Has no practical solutions -176M Google results

Boyan Slat: -Invented the first ocean plastic cleanup system at 16 yrs old -Requires no economic destruction -270k Google results

They don’t want solutions, they want more taxes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

The UN is fauning over Greta more than they did for Obama. No doubt she will be given the Nobel Prize foir Peace. Although like Obama she has done nothing to deserve it, aside from esposing their liberal leftwing bulldust narrative about climate change.  

Years ago I said Tiger would one day be in serious trouble (mentally) - this was when he was at his peak. When challenged why, I pointed out he was abused as a child and has not had a good upbringing - most people looked at his success and money and laughed.  That Tiger has had the inevitable breakdown and has gotten through all of that and is now (apparently) an OK human is great.  I only hope that in the future Great gets though the inevitable crisis that is coming to her.  Abused children are not all sexually abused - they are controlled and used - they are not allowed to develop themselves.  Greta is an abused child. Just like Tiger was.

Says the man who wants every last skerrick of nuclear waste buried in his backyard...

Still all is not lost-no doubt his Christmas decorations will light up for a coupla billion years..

• Haha 1

The worlds' problems:

Climate

Pollution

Fundametalism

Bigotry

Greed

Corruption

All boil down to:-

Too Many People.

It is time for another Cull. It is Natures way, and Nature will do it, with or without human help.

The Earth will still be here. We humans maybe not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grusa said:

The worlds' problems:

Climate

Pollution

Fundametalism

Bigotry

Greed

Corruption

Too Many People.

It is time for another Cull. It is Natures way, and Nature will do it, with or without human help.

Are you volunteering for the cull?

Brave man!

It's not everyone who wants to end up as a "soylent green" patty..

But wait-mayhaps you are volunteering someone else?Tich..tich..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Are you volunteering for the cull?

Brave man!

It's not everyone who wants to end up as a "soylent green" patty..

But wait-mayhaps you are volunteering someone else?Tich..tich..

Have to admit when I was younger I did see a kind of 'logic' in Logan's Run.

images (39).jpeg

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

The earth has gone through periods of volcanic eruptions and has been covered with glaciers.  All of these events occurred before man and the use of fossil fuels.  Even if the Western nations completely eliminated fossil fuel emissions it would have insignificant impact overall.  Developing nations such as China and India burn far more and do so unrestricted on the emissions.  The Global Warming crowd is like Chicken Little and I suspect that it is created so that someone makes money off of it. 

Volcanic.JPG

Ice Age.JPG

By all means keep working on making more efficient use of resources and reducing pollution, but to me it's completely vulgar and inept to assume we can do much, if anything, to control the enormous complexity of the planet - with its volcanoes, earthquakes, molten core, weather systems, etc: we couldn't even find a plane downed in the Indian Ocean, yet the alarmists would have us believe we could control all the oceans and their temperatures, if we just "do more for climate change" - breathtaking ignorance. Am I wrong? - well, the alarmists have been wrong so far: easy to search media from the 1980's with predictions of seas rising, crops failing and snow disappearing, etc, "within 20 years" - none of which has occured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Well, if it melted that much in one summer we really do have a problem coming tomorrow.

dont worry, the ice build up in antarctic makes up for the melting in the arctic.

also, if ice is melting now, its not due to ocean got warmer a few years ago,

its due to the ocean got warmer many hundreds of years ago,

see from 26 to 27 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Mx0_8YEtg

antarctic ice.jpg

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brokenbone said:

dont worry, the ice build up in antarctic makes up for the melting in the arctic.

also, if ice is melting now, its not due to ocean got warmer a few years ago,

its due to the ocean got warmer many hundreds of years ago,

see from 26 to 27 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Mx0_8YEtg

antarctic ice.jpg

Lol very one sided Video produced by self proclaimed Global Warming Heretics based on an investigation by some Lord Lawson of Blaby?
Did you watch that and believe it?

At 7:55 Admission to programm being produced by Heretics.

At 25:00 jut one piece evidence of false information
Claims that volcanoes produce more Co2 than Humans

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-energy-carbon-iea/global-carbon-emissions-hit-record-high-in-2017-idUSKBN1GY0RB
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/

It's a bit like the smoking health argument 30 years ago there's too much money and politics involved to get the truth.
Don't believe everything you read make decisions on what make sense.
For me I think probably burning fossil fuels ain't that good for the environment.

Edited by monkfish

16 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

This anarchist,  white, middle class movement is spreading hysteria and trying to destroy our society and trying to stop the third world  from developing.

It's a few interest groups. Anarchists, those trying to make it into a religion, "scientists" trying to get plump grants, politicians trying to virtue signal to get votes, attention w****s, doomsayers and doogooders, etc. All with their own motives. Of them only the anarchists are not trying to get to be the top dogs, they just like mayhem. Happens with just about every viral social media thing these days, the usual suspects.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grusa said:

The worlds' problems:

Climate

Pollution

Fundametalism

Bigotry

Greed

Corruption

Too Many People.

I'll just advocate this again: https://populationmatters.org/

Africa will be the problem.

30 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah..so it's the black people who are the problem?

South Africa has white folks, but anyway nice try. Ain't my fault they happen to be dark on that continent and I care sweet FA about the US identity politics. Just so happens they are the ones still breeding like rabbits.

pop%20growth%20conti%20sq%20no%20logo-14

Bwa..ha..ha..!

No white Caucasians volunteering for the cull?

Call out the Mississippi militia,the Palmetto Rifles the Georgia Blues and the 33rd Virginia...the black people are out breeding us again!

Not to mention the yellow folk and the people from the Indian sub-continent.

12 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Not to mention the yellow folk and the people from the Indian sub-continent.

India is still breeding, the others are already in decline. My Thai MIL had 8 siblings, my SIL has one daughter. As seen in that prediction from UN (Their population office is one of the few that actually does worthy work with the cencuses).

https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/index.asp

You can try to pull any race card you wish for your entertainment but them's the facts.

Here's the current snapshot:

there-are-more-people-living-inside-this

Edited by DrTuner

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

India is still breeding, the others are already in decline. My Thai MIL had 8 siblings, my SIL has one daughter. As seen in that prediction from UN (Their population office is one of the few that actually does worthy work with the cencuses).

https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/index.asp

You can try to pull any race card you wish for your entertainment but them's the facts.

Here's the current snapshot:

there-are-more-people-living-inside-this

However it's you and a few of your confederates who are calling for a cull isn't it?

What's it to be War,Famine,Pestilence,plague?

Or is it going to be enriching the poor nations,limiting corruption,increasing a living wage and providing some form of security for all?

This is a proven method of decreasing population.

I have seen a cholera epidemic-believe you me it is not a pretty sight.

Anyway's sign up and join the culled-put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by Odysseus123

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

I tend to believe Sir David Attenborough's point of view than Lord Lawson of Blaby's
Although of course Lord Blaby's is more convenient lol.

factually incorrect, but that doesnt take away

he is a fantastic presenter of nature programs. (my favorite)

holoscene period hasnt ended just yet,

and we still have by geologic history standard a uniquely stable climate.

but if we look at the trend, and we have no reason not to,

we can see we are about to enter another ice age

co2 through history.jpg

sea level rise.jpg

ice age cycles.jpg

Holocene_Temperature_Variations.png

800px-EPICA_temperature_plot.svg.png

Edited by brokenbone

On 10/5/2019 at 8:54 AM, Sticky Wicket said:

Humans are great problem solvers and I believe if there are issues then we will find a solution.

But how do humans stop the earth's core slowing down?

How do humans regulate the earth's precession?

How do humans regulate the earth's distance from the sun?

How do humans regulate the heat output of the sun?

I'm not denying what's happening, just questioning everything involving schemes resembling Y2K, taxes, schemes involving paying to not feel guilty, knee jerk reactive schemes involving electricity that we don't generate enough of to complete, not burning high sulphur fuels that involve generation of huge amounts of hydrogen to treat the fuel  et al. 

Polar bears not declining, pacific islands not sinking or getting smaller. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

But how do humans stop the earth's core slowing down?

How do humans regulate the earth's precession?

How do humans regulate the earth's distance from the sun?

How do humans regulate the heat output of the sun?

I'm not denying what's happening, just questioning everything involving taxes, schemes involving paying to not feel guilty, knee jerk reactive schemes involving electricity that we don't generate enough of to complete, not burning high sulphur fuels that involve generation of huge amounts of hydrogen to treat the fuel  et al. 

Polar bears not declining, pacific islands not sinking or getting smaller. 

you are spot on, compared to milankovitch cycles,

everything else is irrelevant regarding earth temperature.

but archimedes stated " Give me a set point and I'll move the earth" for a good reason, it is possible with current tech, but at huge cost. still worth it over an ice age

620px-milankovitchcycles.jpg

800px-EPICA_temperature_plot.svg.png

ice age cycles.jpg

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

However it's you and a few of your confederates who are calling for a cull isn't it?

I've always wanted to visit the US south, other than that, I've never actually met a confederate. Might have something to do with me not being American. They do good BBQ and got Nascar so I'd probably like it there, plus if you got beef with them, I'll likely like them. I myself am well below the 2.1 replacement rate with no additional kids planned, so doing my part, as is most of the 1st world.

Now, the solution I'm advocating is voluntary sterilization for $ in addition to what Attenborough & co are proposing: https://populationmatters.org/solutions 

20 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Actually you can not see into the future. This anarchist,  white, middle class movement is spreading hysteria and trying to destroy our society and trying to stop the third world  from developing.

Funny, I thought the Trumps and Johnsons of this world were trying to do that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

The UN is fauning over Greta more than they did for Obama. No doubt she will be given the Nobel Prize foir Peace. Although like Obama she has done nothing to deserve it, aside from esposing their liberal leftwing bulldust narrative about climate change.  

Years ago I said Tiger would one day be in serious trouble (mentally) - this was when he was at his peak. When challenged why, I pointed out he was abused as a child and has not had a good upbringing - most people looked at his success and money and laughed.  That Tiger has had the inevitable breakdown and has gotten through all of that and is now (apparently) an OK human is great.  I only hope that in the future Great gets though the inevitable crisis that is coming to her.  Abused children are not all sexually abused - they are controlled and used - they are not allowed to develop themselves.  Greta is an abused child. Just like Tiger was.

I would be interested in how you differentiate between your view of Greta Thunberg as an abused child, and the millions if not billions of children who are abused under the aegis of religious instruction.