Changing Money

I am going to be using the new airport for the first time very soon.

I will arrive at the airport at about 1 in the morning.

Does anyone know if i will be able to change Thai Baht into Pounds at that time?

Thanks.

would suggest if you are returning to uk you change most of your baht before arriving at the airport----- if you are arriving from uk at that time bring enough baht to get to your destination in uk and get more at exchange offices at your destination

exchange rate in thailand is approx 65 baht to the pound

Does anyone know if i will be able to change Thai Baht into Pounds at that time?

Thanks.

What was the point of asking this question in this thread :D

Do you really want to get less pounds for your Baht

or do you know something different :o

post-37811-1174768775.jpg

Thanks.

Mate, I'm going to address your question (novel action in this thread)

As you walk toward passport control you'll see a Cambio just on the right as you begin leave the shopping area (AKA Concorse D) .... There are also ATM machines there. Simple as Pie (cow pie, except trying to get and asnwer here)

I hope my info was a bit more helpful than the quote below

Posted Yesterday, 2007-03-24 20:16:38

You will need to pay with Thai Baht in Thailand. Therefore, after landing in Thailand, you should not change your Thai Baht into Pounds.

--

Maestro

Thanks.

Just after immigration booths between the baggage carousels where you have to wait for your bags there are 2 Siam Commercial Bank exhange booths do it there and avoid the crowds after customs

Posts moved..I made the second response to the inquirey and it was moved...Who, among the posters in this thread can move posts??????????

I object to abuse in moving a post. I provided the correct answer to the poster after the second post was giberish.....

Abuse of power......moving a thread to make things appear different....Is there a power out there to deal with such abuse or have the "Wagons Circled"???

Thanks.

What was the point of asking this question in this thread :D

Do you really want to get less pounds for your Baht

or do you know something different :o

The point is i live and work in Thailand and want to know if money change is possible at the new airport (the topicof this forum) at the time i stated.

I think this is fairly clear due to the amount of helpful responses i have recevied form others. Thanks to all of you for those.

Dont you all just hate those people who comment for no other reason than to feel superior to others, to crtisise and to boost the amount of posts next to their names. V sad.

Dont you all just hate those people who comment for no other reason than to feel superior to others, to crtisise and to boost the amount of posts next to their names. V sad.

Was only trying to help,(nothing to do with the reasons you suppose) I thought you hadn't read the responses to the other thread. You did ask where posters thought you would get the best exchange rate and it wasn't thought it would be at Thailands new airport. I did also try to help you in the other thread and all the thanks I get for it is abuse.Up to you, of course , you change your money where you want and get the exchange rate you deserve.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Dont you all just hate those people who comment for no other reason than to feel superior to others, to crtisise and to boost the amount of posts next to their names.

Not I, swindonabroad. I do not hate you. I couldn’t possibly hate you: I do not even know you.

Next question?

--

Maestro

Swindonabroad, George Bernard Shaw said it: “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”

I assumed that you would be an inbound passenger, i.e. arriving on a flight from abroad.

SoiSong assumed the same but figured that you would want to change GBP into THB, not THB into GBP. I believe it was reasonable for him to make that assumption and he does not deserve your chastisement for it.

Speedways recognised the ambiguity of your post and gave answers for both possibilities.

You still have not clarified whether you will use the airport as an inbound or outbound passenger but your second post in this topic indicates strongly that it is as an outbound passenger and that you do indeed desire to change THB into GBP. This brings us to an important part of your question: “at that time”. There is some ambiguity here again, as it can mean at least two things:

1. Is there an exchange booth open at that time?

2. Is there an exchange booth that has GBP available at that time?

To the first question, you have received an affirmative answer from other members.

To the second question I do not know the answer. Speedways has suggested that you should change THB into GBP before going to the airport and I consider his to be a valid suggestion.

--

Maestro

• 1 month later...
Does the airport xchange banks have different rates than city banks? I want to get rid of my baht but don't know where's the best rate or is it all same-same? Thanks.

It's been a long time since I've checked the rates, and haven't done so since the move to the new airport, but when I did it last the rates were exactly the same at the airport as in the city at the same bank. But the key that many people don't realize is that the off-hours rate changes. During normal banking hours, at the airport or in the city, you get a good rate, but after banking hours (late evening, night, early morning, weekends), the rate is much worse, whether you're at the airport or not. Many people come into the airport at off hours and see the rate, then see a much better rate at a bank during banking hours and assume the airport has a bad rate. AFAIK, the rate at the airport is not any different when comparing rates at the exact same time.