EU rejects UK's request for weekend talks as Johnson insists on no Brexit delay

rooster59

3 hours ago, el torro said:

"the first rule of EU is the Hotel California rule  - you can join but never leave"

It's becoming increasingly clear that this is very true - as the idea is horrendous to the majority of powerful/elite etc. etc. :sad:

What is it that you don’t understand/know about the EU? Or, to allow for a shorter answer: what do you ‘know’ about the EU other than the many lies you obviously believe?

35 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

What you and media call "deal" is in fact just the "withdrawal agreement". It's not that important in fact for the future.

What will be important (and will define if Brexit is a success or not) is the trade deal that will be later negotiated between UK & EU to avoid to stay on the bad WTO rules.

As for now we have absolutely no idea what it will be... as negotiations can't start before the "withdrawal agreement" is accepted or before a "no deal".

now imagine the trouble, UK it's not negotiating for ANY type of deal YET, currently ONLY negotiating  for the withdrawal agreement, how they expect the EU to be willing to negotiate in good faith knowing what to expect (ahead) later on, if it was me negotiating, I would be very <deleted> and may tell them (UK) to <deleted> off and take a hike.... a good deal it's only good if it's good for both sides, here I don't see anything good for both sides, the UK it's a one way (dead end) street

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

What you and media call "deal" is in fact just the "withdrawal agreement". It's not that important in fact for the future.

What will be important (and will define if Brexit is a success or not) is the trade deal that will be later negotiated between UK & EU to avoid to stay on the bad WTO rules.

As for now we have absolutely no idea what it will be... as negotiations can't start before the "withdrawal agreement" is accepted or before a "no deal".

Yes. I know what it is. That is why I put the word deal within quotation marks. But to say it is not important is a bit silly now after 3 years of this. Anyway, people like Juncker continue to call this agreement a "deal", not just the media.  

Article 50 does not actually say that things like an FTA cannot be negotiated parallel to negotiations over the WA but it was the EU who insisted that the deal would have to be negotiated after the WA and PD (or deal No.1 if you see what i mean)? 

All very confusing but then the EU like it that way.

Edited by nauseus

3 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Remember the mood of the Brexit vote:
 - They need us more than we need them.
 - The EU will collapse without us.
 - Unelected Brussels officials will crawl to keep us.
 - The easiest deal in history, etc...

But everyone could see the EU calmly keep its course while sparing us childish slogans.
Some serene voices also in UK. T. May for example, trying to save the furniture while respecting the vote. It was mission impossible but she will have tried. I think history will pay tribute to her courage.

Today, it is the boasters of the beginning who are in charge. Everyone can therefore make a fair opinion about their honesty and competence.

You forgot already ?...May's opening line " the bloody difficult woman claim …"& and of course Boris "they can whistle …" , and a few others from ministers that we are a communist block a USSREU...

The E.U. took it all calm …., but it is not  a good negotiation tactic from U.K. ….

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Remember the mood of the Brexit vote:
 - They need us more than we need them.
 - The EU will collapse without us.
 - Unelected Brussels officials will crawl to keep us.
 - The easiest deal in history, etc...

But everyone could see the EU calmly keep its course while sparing us childish slogans.
Some serene voices also in UK. T. May for example, trying to save the furniture while respecting the vote. It was mission impossible but she will have tried. I think history will pay tribute to her courage.

Today, it is the boasters of the beginning who are in charge. Everyone can therefore make a fair opinion about their honesty and competence.

The "mood" of the Brexit vote? No, these are spurious quotes and ideas from a few people who were largely ignored (on both sides). The EU was not openly involved and were wise not to campaign or use slogans.

May? Courage? She was useless (except to the remainers).

The boasting in the beginning was done by people on both sides. Self-cancelling as far as I'm concerned.

• Haha 1

I don't understand …. if we " E.U. need them more than they need us U.K. " ( brexiteers mantra ) …. Why they do such a long time effort ...3 years to negotiate ..?

Oh , maybe they are soooo good hearted they don't wish to leave us uncomfortable behind …...o such bloody good chaps ….I did not realize ….????

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It was pretty obvious to me and anyone who understood the politics of the situation before the referendum.

Which was why the UK voted out,it took 42 years but they discovered how they were being shafted eventually.

Edited by kingdong
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

I don't understand …. if we " E.U. need them more than they need us U.K. " ( brexiteers mantra ) …. Why they do such a long time effort ...3 years to negotiate ..?

Oh , maybe they are soooo good hearted they don't wish to leave us uncomfortable behind …...o such bloody good chaps ….I did not realize ….????

They don,t need us,they need our money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Which was why the in voted out,it took 42 years but they discovered how they were being shafted eventually.o

And I was thinking all your leaders where "Eaton studied "ones ….

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Parsve said:

Well one thing should be clear for the Brexiteers now, but apparently not is, and that is that those who  talked about brexit back in 2016 did not had a clue of what they where talking about.

What are you talking about?