2 years overstay. Pay 20,000 at airport? or go to Bkk Immigration First ?

54 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
59 minutes ago, billd766 said:
So what?

You must be a bad rider or driver to be stopped 12 times in 2 years.

Don't be silly, have you been to Thailand? plenty of cops waiting to stop falang for tea money in Pattaya

Hua Hin too

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

I would have the 24,000 Bht fine ready  (wink wink) & go direct to the airport 4 hours before departure. Be well groomed & polite.

Do not go to any Immigration Office. They are entitled to lock u up

There's no need to pay more than the official 20,000 baht. Other than this, that's good advice. As they cannot speak any English, I'm not sure how far being polite will go, there's no real exit interview where they try to establish the reasons for the overstay.

They'll run it through their system, collect the fine and blacklist the overstayer, then stamp them out. That's it.

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

No sympathy here, its people like her that have made unwarranted problems for us that stay here LEGALLY ! 

Spurious BS.

Pray tell how they have made it easier for people who have bent over and kissed the ring for 20 years ++???

See you can't, it's just the result of a fascist dictator and his sycophants.

It was a completely trivial matter until this lot took over

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GordonP said:

Just flag one possible issue. Many of the check on desks don't open until 3 hours before ETD. Get there very early, sort out where the check in desk will be and be at the front of the queue. 

I flew Qatar three weeks ago and arrived early 5 hours before ETD and was still about 50th in the queue. After checking in there was a massive queue at security with lots of Chinese delaying things. 

That was all before I got to Immigration. 

100% agree and great advice 

if possible fly with a airline that has permanently open check ins 

Most check in s only open 3 hours prior then you have rigmarole of passport immigration queues before paying your bin! so at best get there really early you want to be at the front of any check in queue.

Entire thread and nobody has asked why the OP overstayed 2 years in the first place. Far to lenient are the Thais even with a 3 year ban which has only just started in last few years

More than 1 month should be a lifetime ban except if hospitalised simple as.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Must be nice in your police state. 

What a remarkably obtuse comment

I suppose you also want people to be hanged, drawn and quartered too

Dear Oh dear. Perhaps you could answer why someone who has overstayed for longer than a month (except if hospitalised) should be allowed in to do it again in the future

What possible normal reason can an individual have for overstaying that long ??  Frankly I'd enforce it at a weeks overstay but for now 1 month will do

5 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Dear Oh dear. Perhaps you could answer why someone who has overstayed for longer than a month (except if hospitalised) should be allowed in to do it again in the future

What possible normal reason can an individual have for overstaying that long ??  Frankly I'd enforce it at a weeks overstay but for now 1 month will do

Let's hope it gets changed and you are the first one with a lifetime ban!

Mind bogglingly narrow minded point of view.

It must be nice to be perfect

Edited by Sticky Wicket
  • Like 2

On October 8, 2019 at 11:52 AM, scubascuba3 said:
On October 8, 2019 at 11:43 AM, Suradit69 said:

Yes, shift the blame from her to them.  

Bring in better stay options for under 50 and there'll be no overstays. See I've just solved the problem

Or just throw open the borders to demonstrate that anyone and everyone is entitled to stay in Thailand for as long as they wish.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Confused 1

Or just throw open the borders to demonstrate that anyone and everyone is entitled to stay in Thailand for as long as they wish.

If you like, or charge something like 10k a year to stay and forget the pathetic Elite visa. Corruption would end if you could just pay 10k a year no time wasting proof of this that and the other
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Chivas said:

Entire thread and nobody has asked why the OP overstayed 2 years in the first place.

Because it doesn't matter. The punishment is the same, whether there's a "good" reason or a "bad" reason for that overstay.

6 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Thai officials would get even THAT wrong, if that's what they tried.

• Like 2

I was on a 3 month overstay once, at airport immigration I spotted a happy female immigration officer and joined her que, she did not check my entry exit dates which saved me several thousand baht