Refused entry TWICE, be warned.

40 minutes ago, andy72 said:

isnt he pretty enough for a story he spent twice as long in the toilet accommodation

two days in hell

BKK thailands premier airport

there is always something missing in these stories
its a blank passport 
only a Malaysia stamp in it and a SETV
SHOULD HAVE BEEN A WALK OVER AT pb

Blank new passport does not wipe out your former history in Immigration database (anymore.... as before...) ….Thai immigration entered the digital world ….and even more now the fingerprint and facial recognition recognize any one , now even Thai banks considering it to apply for I.D.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SteveK said:

not old enough to retire,

OP says he is 53 in his first and only post.  "I'm a Engineering consultant, i'm 53 years old, and I've been traveling internationally for thirty years now to all corners of the globe"

• Like 2

Sorry about what happened to you and how you were treated.

Just do retirement visa, you are above 50 and do not work in TH, so then you can go in and out as you want.

Everybody who travels to Thailand too much with a tourist visa / visa-exempt, should only do it via a "safer" airport, better even land border and not from far away - max. 1-2h by plane.

It is just too risky now to fly in +10h because you could get refused - then you have to fly 2x +10h again and buy the tickets.

Next year I will reduce my time in TH to only max. 4 months per year, but never ever again will I fly into TH from far away. Just too much stress and risk. Just use Malaysia and Singapore as a hub for those in that situation. Nor worth it flying via Bangkok.

Maybe one day they say I have been here in the past too much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Nothing criminal. In every country IOs have power to refuse entry for any reason, right or wrong. In some countries, you may have recourse to an independent judiciary  to resolve conflicts which Thailand lacks or not fully developed. One cant assert entry rights in any foreign country even if all papers are in order. 

His report loudly speaks of his assertion to superior rights to enter Thailand becuase he has done blah blah blah. Nobody  cares. 

Just to make clear a couple of points frequently posted in this forum, but not appreciated by many ...

• It is true that immigration officials in most countries are given complete discretion to deny entry for any or no reason. Thailand's immigration law is not written that way. The Immigration Act is clear about the reasons for which someone can be denied entry, and the officials are not given discretion to add their own.
  • There is an appeal process when immigration is trying to deny entry improperly, but you are unlawfully now prevented from using it.

Some make the point that, legal or not, immigration officials have the power to deny you entry, and I accept that this is true. That does not make their actions correct.

As against that, if the OP was originally trying to enter visa exempt, then immigration does have the right to deny a visa exempt entry, and if they subsequently cited Section 12 (1) rather than Section 12 (2) and (3), their actions would likely be lawful. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

There's been a few horror stories about the Pedang Besar border crossing now.

Like Poipet, it's to be avoided.

Ran the Padang Besar part past Mrs baboon. Her take (as is mine) was, 'Yep, no way did that not happen...'

55 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

It states he was on a tourist visa but had lived in Thailand 20+ years and had a girlfriend of 10 years. Doesn't really add up.

One of his posts on this forum is from 2011 where he states that he has been staying in Thailand for 21 years already.

I guess he had the wrong kind of visa. Why OP doesn't simply retire in Thailand as he is over 50 is a mystery.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SteveK said:

It's getting ridiculous now. These stories need to get out into the public domain, I'm sure there are some newspapers who's be interested in stories such as these.

You can thanks all those digital nomads who have been taking the <deleted> all that time.

• Confused 4