Refused Entry in BKK - Second METV - Deported back to London

2 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Strange is a very typical thing in Thailand. Wealth of evidence it is a Hub of both airport and land border denials of entries and deportations without any evidence or cause. The only solution is to fly over the Thailand. Avoid the cockroach infested deportation jail cells and smelly urine 555

Every tourist deserves a chance to eat bugs.. even if they are being deported. 

• Haha 2

Every now and then one of these denied entry reports mentions tea money openly, or subtly, being requested. I think that is what this is really about. A METV is a flag that it is important for you to be here therefore "pay my toll". If you are too dense to figure it out - off you go then back the way you came. That will be my assumption if denied entry in the future or re-entry on my current METV when it is time to see Vietnam and return.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, nailbrains8 said:

He did indeed.

Correct.

Don't fly in from a country far away. Fly into a neighbouring country first. Then fly to Thailand.

Yes that's true, I hear this advice a lot, but you do need to show a ticket to Thailand when applying for a visa in your home country don't you. A throw away ticket would be something expensive, then you will have to buy your ticket to let's say Malaysia. The all thing would cost a fortune if you buy a refundable ticket. Unless you enter visa exempt (by land crossing for example) or apply for a visa in a neighboring country. At this point, better to chose another country to spend your time and money.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The Embassy presumably did due diligence on his TV application and saw no reason to reject it. They might do better to look at past visas, entries and time spent in LOS and make a determination another tourist visa was likely to be problematic. Nevertheless, those rules/limitations need to be stipulated in the vetting process, and brought to the applicants attention. 

Too much of this being reported. Foreigners being issued valid visas and then being treated like criminals when arriving to Thailand. Someone needs to make some legal challenge. 

The majority of Embassy's do not yet have access to the immigration database.....until very early next year

6 hours ago, lovesthespicy said:

I'm surprised they made him pay for it. I was under the impresson the airline would have to pay for it. 

Personally if this ever happens to me im going to fly somewhere else when i hit my layover in whatever country. I guess the thing u have to worry about is losing your luggage if u do that so hopefully you travel light. 

Pretty messed up they make u have a huge amount of paperwork letter from employer etc when u get this visa and then u get to Thailand and they go "nope u go home buy ticket". 

Was this Suv or DMK? 

You will not be doing any of that. Your passport is held by the planes purser until you reach your agreed destination. Basically, you and your passport are in detention until arrival.

The Embassy presumably did due diligence on his TV application and saw no reason to reject it. They might do better to look at past visas, entries and time spent in LOS and make a determination another tourist visa was likely to be problematic. Nevertheless, those rules/limitations need to be stipulated in the vetting process, and brought to the applicants attention. 

Too much of this being reported. Foreigners being issued valid visas and then being treated like criminals when arriving to Thailand. Someone needs to make some legal challenge. 

This to me is one of the major problems here. Embassies/consulates coming under MFA and immigration coming under immigration. Two separate parts of the government that currently don't seem to talking to each other. Main factor of this is that MFA don't (currently) have access to the Immigration database(s) and will issue visas through a checklist system and visual information obtained from your current passport.

What they believe and what immigration officials think could be worlds apart.

I noticed in post #67 of this thread by @Lovethailandelite that he states:

"The majority of Embassy's do not yet have access to the immigration database.....until very early next year"

If this is the case (not doubting it just because I haven't heard of this before) then IMO, this will not be any advantage to the frequent visitor but rather lead to a dramatic increase in the refusal to issue various visas as the person's travel history will be available.

It will however (if this is indeed true that MFA will have access to immigration databases from early next year) reduce the amount of visa turn-away's  entering Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

OMG Another TROLL

your all falling for it.

Last posting history 2014

Look fella came in got refused never threw himself prostate on the floor at the fella with the shiny plastic coated boots 

Pleading please dont send me back to that BREXIT hellhole have you read the news my god man show mercy

NO HE SIGNED THE CONFESSION YES IM A CHANCER BOOK ME ON THE NEXT FLIGHT TO BLIGHTY and I will be out of your well cut hair 

Game over 

Moving On...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Anyone else noticed this only happens to male "tourists"? 

not so 

there was a case the at the end of june reported two weeks ago 
that took the press three months to jump over slow news week
but no visa issues she had ripped two pages out of her passport silly vacuous little instagrammer that she was in this now vacuous space we call humanity

spent 1 night in hellhole press took pity because of photogenic quality if you like that ladyboy fish pout look

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yuiop said:

Yes that's true, I hear this advice a lot, but you do need to show a ticket to Thailand when applying for a visa in your home country don't you. A throw away ticket would be something expensive, then you will have to buy your ticket to let's say Malaysia. The all thing would cost a fortune if you buy a refundable ticket. Unless you enter visa exempt (by land crossing for example) or apply for a visa in a neighboring country. At this point, better to chose another country to spend your time and money.

I've NEVER Been asked to SHOW A Ticket to Thailand in the U.K When applying for a Visa, In fact It's always said " DO NOT BOOK TRAVEL UNTIL YOU GET A VISA ISSUED " I Even THINK that was posted in The Royal Thai Consulate in Liverpool....

Edited by Nong Khai Man
More Added
  • Thanks 1

I realize it is pie in the sky, and @BritTim has already made valid points, but to sue a consular service for issuing and charging for Visas that do not work would be some satisfaction!

A visa only allows you to travel to the border of said country, it's then up to the Immigration Officer at the point of entry to decide whether to admit the holder.
That said, in most countries an Immigration Officer can only refuse a visa holder admittance if they are satisfied, and in many countries convince their superior, that there has been a material change of circumstances since the visa was issued or that the visa was fraudulenty obtained.

Regarding an earlier post which asks if the carrier who delivered the passenger to Thailand is liable for the cost of the removal, yes they are but only if the passenger didn't have the correct documentation, in this case the passenger had a valid visa so the airline wouldn't be liable. In some countries the carrier is also liable for a fine and even the cost of detention. 

1 hour ago, captnhoy said:

Every now and then one of these denied entry reports mentions tea money openly, or subtly, being requested. I think that is what this is really about. A METV is a flag that it is important for you to be here therefore "pay my toll". If you are too dense to figure it out - off you go then back the way you came. That will be my assumption if denied entry in the future or re-entry on my current METV when it is time to see Vietnam and return.

Totally agree.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, G950 said:

What does he dress and look like? IMHO it does matter when crossing a border.

Please try explaining that to the thousands of foreigners making border crossing and visiting Thai Immigration offices. They just don,t get it and wonder why they have such a difficult time in Thailand. Both men and women.

23755360_1166938376771788_2266213839968791288_n.jpg

52 minutes ago, Satcommlee said:

May have told them he had a Thai bank account, car or a Condo... Things which genuine tourists don't have.

It does seem strange that people think that, having declared the trappings of "settled" habitation, the IO will accept their claim of tourist status.

I would have thought that dreadlocks, backpack and BO would would do more to authenticise it .

My own method is to have a Chinese person walking in front of me with a flag, shouting and beckoning me towards the camera and fingerprint machine.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Why do they force a flight back to London?  Can he choose to take a flight somewhere else?  Do they just force your last departure origin or home country?

They will do what they want. They are Thais in Thailand and in a uniform with a lot of authority.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, adammike said:

If you're wearing a suit you have come to do business you are not a tourist especially traveling economy class.

Who would travel long distance in economy wearing a suit? That would be some discomfort.

In all the years and many times, I don't think I have ever seen anyone in a suit and tie in economy class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1