POTY 2019: Format Ideas

geronimo

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I see a lot of excellent names up there already, I would like to add mauGR1, because I always enjoys his posts and his willingness to philosophize. 

Thanks, of course i'll add canuckamuck, if not already added ????

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest that every year we alternate who can be nominated alphabetically so that everyone gets a chance 

This year i suggest we only nominate posters whose name Starts with  SIR  and ends with EOU. Extra points if there is an IN in the middle. 

Do I hear a second?

13 hours ago, owl sees all said:

After the first round, the top 8 scorers should (after they have agreed to participate), put forward a mission statement of at least  69 words.

The next cut is to 4 and then 2. The final two go head to head in a fantastic, nailbiting finale.

I like that!

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I enjoyed the contributions of Sanemax and Henrik because they examplify the expats who live in Thailand yet never allow their experience to change them even going so far as to never smoke pot, never buy a bar girl a drink,  never bother to learn any Thai so as to keep their minds clear. I cant say how much I respect such people. They also afford me and many others a great laugh. But their moral purity is an example to us all with their celebration of the misfortunes of 'druggies' and 'prostitutes'.

Never smoke pot? They won't be getting my vote!!!! :stoner:

Geronimo’s Manifesto

I have decided, after much thought and deliberation, to announce my intentions, should I be unfortunate fortunate enough to win the POTY.

·         Any Thai national that gives the wrong directions to a farang would be jailed for life.

·         Alcohol would be free after 5pm (only on weekends).

·         All immigration staff must attend a 3-month course on critical thinking and manners, with a refresher course every 6 months.

·         Change all visa requirements: If you are polite, do not have a Police record (other than their greatest hits) and can show 5,000 baht, you’re in!

·         Immigration officers must report their whereabouts to aliens every 90 days.

·         Every home can grow as many marijuana plants as they wish.

·         Anyone caught in possession of a plastic bag would be shot.

·         All Thai banking staff must take an intensive 3-year course in English.

·         All supermarkets must have at least 10 checkouts operating at any given time.

·         If a Thai wishes to register a business, they must be able to reply to an English email.

·         The GPB will ALWAYS be equal to 100 Thai Baht.

·         Thai police must wear a yellow vest with the words ‘DO NOT GIVE ME ANY MONEY’ printed in large black capitals.

·         Sick Buffaloes are illegal.

·         When a Thai woman wishes to marry a foreign man, she must pay him a dowry. This could be in the form of gold, cash or a promissory note never to nag!

·         It is illegal to dawdle on the footpath.

·         Foreigners get free access to all National Parks (Thais can only enter if they have a current work permit)

·         The wearing of pink tights is illegal (even at home)

·         Only Thais between the ages of 45 and 46 can apply for a driving licence.

·         Balaa will be illegal.

Of Course, this is just the beginning, and I hope that I shall be given the opportunity to wear the diamond (they’re fake) tiara for one year.

1 minute ago, sipi said:

As a gesture of goodwill I'd like to divide any votes I receive evenly between Geranimo, Villagefarang and Gecko123.

That should work out at exactly zero votes each.

I'll use my influence to make sure that you are drawn in the outside lane, and I'll nobble you on the final bend!

1 minute ago, sipi said:

I won't be wasting a vote on myself and don't expect anyone else to.

Alas, voting for oneself is illegal, yet I fear you have quite a few admirers. Once I produce evidence of your alleged relationship with a blind toad and the fact that you steal lottery tickets from blind vendors, your supporters will leave in droves .........

If anyone can be bothered to check, I've put out some awesome posts this year, having made the decision to run earlier in the year, I thought I'd better get posting. My posts are mainly humorous and are aimed at the mainstream reader.

18 minutes ago, geronimo said:

and if there was a PPOTY award (positive poster of the year) I'd win it hands down!!!

you have already won most obsessed with being POTY .    may i be the first to congratulate 

Archived