Informant led to Brit dive instructor's arrest on Koh Lipe - he overstayed 5 years!

webfact

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Another filthy grass! 

Obviously a woman he's <deleted> off or a Thai who sees him as competition.

Who needs a visa stop home, drink beer, talk to no one, don't drive, don't get sick, don't upset the locals , you can stop here for ever Iver done it for 30 years now 

36 minutes ago, bizboi said:

It amazes me how white and western people are so glad when this is done to their own people but so reluctant to do it to foreigners who commit the same offence!! Shame we can't do the same to the over 360,000 illegals in the UK!! But that would upset the lefties!!

They are not "my people" just because they come from the same region.

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Not my idea of having a good life.

Well my idea of not having a good life is constantly looking over my shoulder cos I grassed a bloke up for something that was doing no one any harm but himself..????

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The only change in latter years is the TM 30 and that is so minor as to be laughable.

The TM30 is not minor, and it is not laughable. It is a serious violation of human rights. When they get the app running properly it will only be a minor inconvenience. But convenience is only a secondary issue. The concept is draconian. A modern, democratic country aspiring to be considered an equal player in the community of developed nations does not keep tabs on people's every move within the country.  I have lived and worked in Communist China (!!!) three times and never had to file a TM30. And this of course applies equally to Thais who are being strong-armed into acting as agents for the government filing reports on who is staying at their properties.  I complain about this all the time, but it doesn't even affect me much as I don't travel often.  But the concept just gives me the heebie-jeebies. But don't worry, I will never tell them about the family of Jews hiding in my attic!

Well done, this kind of people ruin the reputation of ALL the farangs in Thailand and cause the continuous modification of the visa laws!
I personally am willing to report anyone who is here illegally!

Why? It doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form, apart from giving you a chance to anonymously shout how wonderful an 'expat' you are, on a forum where no one knows you from Adam.

The old myth that it 'makes things harder for the rest of us' is utter nonsense. You claim to have been in Thailand for many years 'legally' with WP (and I assume Non-immi B or O) etc. So have I, and many others, yet when I return in January to start my next contract, the formalities will be as easy as ever. I don't think some harmless overstayer in Lipe is going to turn the whole system against us 'good guys', do you?

The best, most ill-informed reply here was the rant  from the bozo who claimed this bloke was abusing the Thai 'welfare system' which doesn't even exist. 

One thing I don't understand is how this lad got by for so long? FIVE years is a hell of a long time to go without being able to use your passport. I have to dig mine out several times a month for trivial matters like getting a SIM, banking, travel tickets and hotels, as well as for more serious matters. How on earth did this bloke manage??? His life must have been pretty grim unless he was making a good few quid and getting plenty of 'action'.

well he show the victory sign....it might that he will stay in los much longer very much longer ...how ?

look 5 years are 365 times 5 comes to 1825 days one day overstay costs 500 bhat ( pls. correct me if I am wrong ) to the max of 20000 in top comes the fines for not reporting 90 days that makes 4000 each time...5 y are 20 reports equals 80000 bhat plus your ticket home..so roughly 200000 bhat otherwise you will stay in a cramped thai immigration cell indefinitely there you have to buy your own food because if u eat what they give you for free you will die of malnutrition or disease ...as a europaen very soon...

http://www.thai-visa.net/deportation-fines.html

mr. british ..mr falang dreamers of all colours..thailand is only nice if u have money lots of money..here money talks louder than anywhere in the world..if you need help or done wrong ( thai definition ) u are in life threatening troubles in no time ..unless above applys means you have money plenty of money...

if you are a rohinga..a asylum seeker they will hold u as slaves use u river kwai style...

5 hours ago, Scot123 said:

The same, same on here. Bad, bad farangs out but I'm good, good, good..... Really First overstay is not the crime of the century “Stupid" yes. Could there be more to the dive instructors story, most likely. Any dive professional back when I was an instructor on Kow Tow back in 2003/4 if I remember correctly will know what devastating damage a dodgie greedy thai visa agentcan do and will also know that work permits in the diving industry are as rare as rocking horse dodo so don't be twisted and nasty to people who do so much for thai tourism and as for 22 days overstay OMG = public humiliation. Why not bring the Stocks to all immigration offices where twisted and bitter farangs can purchase rotten tomatoes to throw and geer at any farang arrested with smugness and righteousness. I wonder how many of the righteous on here use agents to deal with their visas on here? Just remember you to are criminals "you are required to go to immigration in person". 

Were they both in breach of the law/rules? If yes, then sorry but no contest to your argument.

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Defiant to the last. That good old British bulldog spirit wont help you now. You wont be frequenting these shores again for a very long time.  

So what? a new passport and a new start in Bali or the Philippines. He's a rather good guy, he could have made a different gesture with his fingers.

Divemasters or Dive instructors don't take jobs from the Thais who can hardly swim and are even less capable to teach the physics or physiology of diving.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Well my idea of not having a good life is constantly looking over my shoulder cos I grassed a bloke up for something that was doing no one any harm but himself..????

I am not afraid of anyone and they are taking the <deleted> with the rules of this country and only think about themselves.

26 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

So what? a new passport and a new start in Bali or the Philippines. He's a rather good guy, he could have made a different gesture with his fingers.

Divemasters or Dive instructors don't take jobs from the Thais who can hardly swim and are even less capable to teach the physics or physiology of diving.

Well said, plus the way the law is the dive schools can only apply for a few work permits but need many more instructors who can not get permits to work and now all the immigration rules you have no choice. I wish him good luck and there are plenty of diving schools screaming out for experienced instructors and plenty of great dive sites in the world. 

27 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

I guess the company who hired him will get a problem too.

Depends how 'well connected' the company is I'd say. If a local big-wig, or some big cheese in Bangkok has connections to the company nothing will probably happen

28 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

Exactly. Well said Momofarang.

This really is a 'victimless crime' though its hard to see that with all the moral high-ground taking outraged bleating from some of the 'model citizens' on here today who don't seem to understand that in spite of their brilliance, they simply aren't wanted in Thailand, especially the pensioners with their dwindling resources.

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I am not afraid of anyone and they are taking the <deleted> with the rules of this country.

Oh another key board hard man..... You do know many innocent forieners end up in prison in Thailand for upsetting the wrong person who is connected. But you big man are scared of no one. Didn't I see you working for free at a temple or was it running a boat on the Burma border, catching snakes for tea money and taking missionaries into burma? How did you get on when you went full circle and went home? Lol

8 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Another filthy grass! 

Obviously a woman he's <deleted> off or a Thai who sees him as competition.

Thought they had all been rounded up ages ago .not worth it why not pay a visa shop NOT that i agree with them at all but better than overstay surely.ir all the visa shops illegal as well never understood how they work 'do they hold 800'000 bt in bank for each person ????????

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

TV posters tend to hate illegal immigrants in their own Country and think their Government should send them all back, yet, TV posters seem to think illegal immigrants in Thailand should be allowed to stay for as long as they like

I dont. As far as I am concerned you go to a  country legal or you dont go, if you do it illegal and get caught, sucks to be you. Everywhere. Build a wall.

Everything I know in life I learned at daddys knee. Dont spit in a cops face. Dont go into someones space univited. Say excuse me after you cheese one.

17 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

Oh another key board hard man..... You do know many innocent forieners end up in prison in Thailand for upsetting the wrong person who is connected. But you big man are scared of no one. Didn't I see you working for free at a temple or was it running a boat on the Burma border, catching snakes for tea money and taking missionaries into burma? How did you get on when you went full circle and went home? Lol

I think you should take your meds on time. I am connected myself, so don't worry about me. 

4 hours ago, Scot123 said:
4 hours ago, 30la said:

Well done, this kind of people ruin the reputation of ALL the farangs in Thailand and cause the continuous modification of the visa laws!
I personally am willing to report anyone who is here illegally!

What a self righteous ball of fun person you are! "this kind of people" what an abhorrent thing to say. I hope people who know you read this and watch you like a hawk and the moment you step out of line, drop litter, drive after a few beers, speed, use an agent to do your visa report you to the police. Nasty.... 

Ok, so your distaste of the schadenfreude expressed by 30la is understandable, but your example presents an extreme lack of balance. 

Dropping litter is nothing like overstaying, especially for 5 years. 

Driving while drunk, IMO is significantly worse. 

Using an agent is not illegal. 

Anyone who wants to report someone who is harmlessly overstaying is clearly a fairly scummy person.

That said, the numbers of overstayers ultimately has an impact on us all with the crackdowns, TM30, TM28 and Visa-hoops. It could be argued that we are treated as guilty illegals until proven otherwise because of the behavior of these overstayers - so, is overstaying 'harmless' ???

I have no sympathy for an overstayer who's caught - they took their chance. 

Equally so I have no reason whatsoever to feel negatively towards an overstayer, but understand how and why some might. 

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

No, a foreign man. 

Goodbye MR.Anthony WIlliam Bunn age 57 

Good luck sir.

9BB92282-4675-433F-A6C5-4379B50475BC.jpeg

0781A224-1813-416B-A8A4-F6046D853C8E.jpeg

I have 3 Thai friends living/working in the USA...i like them so i won't write here what they did to get the american passport/green card but for sure it is illegal!

Archived