Bars/Restaurants serving alcohol-free beer

clarky cat

i do not have an answer to your question, sorry.

that said, i love beer, but can not see the point in drinking it when it my intention to avoid alcohol (which it generally is lately as a hangover seems to knock me down for days)

no need to answer this, but it is a question made of genuine curiosity rather than a desire to take the <deleted>. but why bother at all, the flavor goes hand in hand with the alcoholic content?

wouldn't it make more sense just to give it up altogether, to learn to move away from the habit?

Edited by metempsychotic
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

the flavor goes hand in hand with the alcoholic content?

No it doesn't. The flavour (note the U) comes from the other ingredients in it, ie hops, barley, wheat. The alcohol is merely a byproduct of the yeast and sugar. If what you say is correct, then 40% ABV Kurov vodka would taste the same as McCallan Single Malt.

Heineken 0% is quite a reasonable taste, especially in the daytime. But why give up, just drink in moderation or go to AA ! 

Sorry Clarky, I just Googled Antabuse. Best of luck with it.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sorry, clarky, but If i had health issues forcing me on Antabuse, then I would really, really keep away from beers even the so called "alcohol free". Short Google search will tell you that these beers still contain a trace amount of alcohol from the initial brewing process.

I have seen Heineken mentioned with 0.05% ABV, mathematically rounded, it would make that beer a 0.1% "alcohol free" beer...

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Sorry, clarky, but If i had health issues forcing me on Antabuse, then I would really, really keep away from beers even the so called "alcohol free". Short Google search will tell you that these beers still contain a trace amount of alcohol from the initial brewing process.

I have seen Heineken mentioned with 0.05% ABV, mathematically rounded, it would make that beer a 0.1% "alcohol free" beer...

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Very good advice. Check this web site @clarkycat and good luck to you.

https://www.verywellmind.com/can-you-drink-nonalcoholic-beer-while-on-antabuse-67224

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

wouldn't it make more sense just to give it up altogether, to learn to move away from the habit?

It was actually my decision to start taking Antabuse as I was concerned by the weight gain from beer, wasn’t drinking a huge amount

Im not even sure it’s prescribed anymore 

I tried a Heineken 0% last night at home and quite liked it. Maybe I’ll see if I can find some diazepam to mix it with 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

No it doesn't. The flavour (note the U) comes from the other ingredients in it, ie hops, barley, wheat. The alcohol is merely a byproduct of the yeast and sugar. If what you say is correct, then 40% ABV Kurov vodka would taste the same as McCallan Single Malt.

Heineken 0% is quite a reasonable taste, especially in the daytime. But why give up, just drink in moderation or go to AA ! 

Sorry Clarky, I just Googled Antabuse. Best of luck with it.

I really wasn't asking you, and your response is ridiculously reductive at best.

and spare me the pedantry regarding english vs us spellings.

As for the why give up and AA references, what?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, clarky cat said:

It was actually my decision to start taking Antabuse as I was concerned by the weight gain from beer, wasn’t drinking a huge amount

Im not even sure it’s prescribed anymore 

I tried a Heineken 0% last night at home and quite liked it. Maybe I’ll see if I can find some diazepam to mix it with 

From one addiction to another.  Very clever!

13 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

I really wasn't asking you, and your response is ridiculously reductive at best.

and spare me the pedantry regarding english vs us spellings.

As for the why give up and AA references, what?

Bit cranky? Relax and have a drink. You know it makes sense! Anybody taking Antabuse is in denial and avoiding the reasons they drink.