Pattaya trash: Sign goes up warning of 2,000 baht fine

rooster59

20 hours ago, dallen52 said:

While erecting the sign why not clean up the rubbish?

Or am I talking rubbish...

First of all the experts erecting the sign will never clean up the place because they aren't trained for it nor do they have experience in cleaning up !!!

Second. The rubbish was probably dumped after they erected the sign.

Thais can't read Chinese or Thainese. Most of them can't read at all.

A Thai would never rat out another Thai when dumping. What's in it for the rat? No money to be made!!

Edited by Tops
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tops said:

Sorry, that´s nonsense. Only 7.4% of Thais older than 14 years are analphabets, what´s really good compared with other 2nd world countries.

I just wish the Authority out at Khao Mai Kaeo would do something about all the trash dumping on the edge of the Reservation

When the trash gets to be a large amount, along comes some pleb who just wants to start a fire, and the latest one is still burning today after 2 days in which there have been heavy rains.

For some reason not known to me the Authority, who are fully aware of the situation, and have been for Years, refuse, or are unable to take any action, either against the initial dumping, or the fire setting.

The photo above shows some trash, but this is only a fraction of what is sometimes dumped at KMK mainly by Commercial operations, who dump at this place on a regular basis.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, a977 said:

It'll be just like the no smoking in public places law that was brought in in February 3 2019 not one person has been charged by Nongprue Council because the lazy Tessakit, whose job it is, are too lazy to get off their collective fat <deleted> and do their job. As for the 2,000thb fine a mere pittance try AUD$ 1,000 = 20,000thb then you might get a response. 

Can see why they have 13 million unpaid fines this year already. 

Its peanuts..

Plus nobody takes it seriously. 

On 10/26/2019 at 5:36 PM, johng said:

...nearest one in Rayong so no wonder no one knows where it is

I live in Rayong over 10 years and I have never heard of any dump site here. Even my Thai acquaintances don't know of one. The word doesn't even exist in Thais' vernacular.

12 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

I live in Rayong over 10 years and I have never heard of any dump site here. Even my Thai acquaintances don't know of one. The word doesn't even exist in Thais' vernacular.

Samnak Thong in Muang district.

Pak Nam, Mueang Rayong District,

18 hours ago, Tops said:

First of all the experts erecting the sign will never clean up the place because they aren't trained for it nor do they have experience in cleaning up !!!

Second. The rubbish was probably dumped after they erected the sign.

A Thai would never rat out another Thai when dumping. What's in it for the rat? No money to be made!!

there are signs saying NO speeding ....who takes any notice....!!

On 10/27/2019 at 9:03 AM, bert bloggs said:

The local rubbish men used to recycle our plastic and sell it now we get"posh " garbage men and women in nice uniforms they just put the recyclable stuff in with the trash ,so now the wife just puts it all in a plastic bag and leaves it by a dumpster so that some poor person can pick it up and sell it.

We have a junk man that drives through the streets of the villages a few times every month in his pickup and pays baht for junk, especially metal or broken appliances.

We also have a much older man in our village that rides through the streets most days on his bicycle/trailor to pick up plastic.  The plastic man delivers an eco-friendly service and we don't take his hard earned money because that's his only source of income beyond his 600 baht a month pittance for being over 60.  We save all of our plastic for him, same as most do in our village, and my wife gives him a holler whenever she sees him riding by.  We don't see plastic stay on the side our streets very long.  But village people do throw plastic bottles out their windows or off their motorcycles on the side of the road to keep him busy.  We just pick it up in front of our fence if we see it and put it on the pile.  We don't see much trash.

3 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

Signs in both Thai and English would be helpful.

Why?  Most Thais cannot read english.  Please don't give them yet another reason to twist this and blame farangs only.

I really don't think many foreigners are the ones depositing the trash and evidently that's the same outlook of the govt or it would already include english.  At least I can see it for what it is and I know better than to contribute so I don't need to read the sign.

I think the continuous dumping after the sign was put up is a sign (pun intended) of rebellion. "This is the place that has been used for generations because proper sites are never provided".  Otherwise this would not already be a previously used dump site.

A better sign that could include english is:

- Official Dump Site -

- Clean Up Provided -

1 hour ago, timkeen08 said:

Duh.  I don't really care what you think or how you view it.  Our village does just fine with what works to keep our streets clean.

And duh I know littering when I hear of it and would never think much of people who toss empty bottles out of their windows or from vehicles.

Apart from all the empty bottles all over the place it must be lovely....Personally I collect them in a plastic bin. And when the scavenger comes up the street, I drag it to the gate for him to help himself.

Edited by jacko45k